Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-01-2011, 09:48 AM   #101
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz

Meh, eysterday I had some problems I didn't realize before =)

SPOILER
Old 17-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #102
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Last breaking news from F2 battleground

ST 05
PE 08
EN 04
CH 04
IN 05
AG 10
LK 05

Level 5
Exp. 12355
Next level 15000

Traits
Skilled , Small frame
Perks
Awareness, Gesko skinning

Hit points 44
Radiated - How to heal myself? I have some color ampules Rad-x?
Armor class 25
ACTION POINTS - 10
Carry W. 100
Melee damage 1
Damage res. 25%
Poison res. 20%
Radiation..8%
Sequence 16
Healing rate 1
Critical chance 5%

SKILLS
in %
Small guns 50
Big guns 25
Energy weapon 20
Unarmed 70
Melee w. 70
Throwing 40
F.aid 46
D-r 45
Sneak 95
Lock-pick 82 Why These 3 chars. are more white?
Steal 100
Traps 48
Science 40
Repair 35
Speech 40
Barter 36
Gambling 45
Outdoorsman 40

I have 20 skill points here non used because I will ask You how to use for above mentioned options.. Ty

INVENTORY
Money - 3200
H.packets - 3
Combat knife - 1
Anna locket
Flare - 4 What for ?
Rad-x
Fruit - 3
Stimpack - 3
Vic radio
Vic water flack
Beer - 10
Meat jerky - 13 -- Cant eat it? Why?

Armor leather
Is good idea to wear Salik with same armor?
Have money and dealer.
Item 1 Item 2
Hunting rifle - nice weapon Magnum

Condition
Me and my camarad feel well, except my radiation, which I found after Resque mission in the caves.

Missions
I did Whiskey Bob mission.
I found the shovel at the Arayoo ground near a cart. And prepare to meet Anna.
Salik carries some minor stuff. He is in Custom behave.

Q1: Why everybody in Arayoo pressed me to find some GESK?
Q2: Will I visit again this rad. cave where I resqued a man? Because I saw a PC in the room?
Q3: Where to find some shell or mine or molotov cocktail to blow up these small bastards at Becky's door? I am serious..

TY, boys.

yoga

Sorry, Wardencz, still have no knowledge to help.
Maybe Master or DartVader will help You?
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 17-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #103
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Q1..Finding the G.E.C.K is the main quest of the game...to save the town.

Q2...Later in the game I think. You need high skills and a certain card to access further into the cave.

Q3...Around..somewhere. But if you kill a kid you will be hated by nearly everyone in the game. Killing kids is not a good idea at all.

To cure Radiation use Radaway. Rad-X is used to buff your Rad Resitance before you get irradiated.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 17-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #104
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Dear yoga, you may return back to the toxic caves later, it's not needed tho, you need a high repair skill to use on the generator to restore power to the elevator near there, but you aswell need an electronic locpick to open the elevator, dow there is a robot, with minigun and missile leauncher as well as some goodies for ya.

As for what i posted before, I don't need any help with that, was just more to have some fun with others than actually having a problem with that.

EDIT: Those 3 skills you see, let's say "highlighted" in grey color means they are "tagged", if you spend a skill point to them, they rise 2% per one skillpoint, othres are 1% per skillpoint, at certain percentage, these gray skills become more expensive in means of skillpoints, after you break a 100% the skill will cost 2% for 2 skillpoints (from this pat on im not quite sure), after 125% it'll be 3 skillpoints for still 2%, at 150% it'll be 4 and so on..

Last edited by wardencz; 17-01-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: EDIT
wardencz is offline                         Send a private message to wardencz
Old 17-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #105
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Very few doctors are able to cure radiation. Rad-X is only useful if you take it before getting radiated, it raises the radiation resistance and therefore reduces the radiation taken. Not very useful in FO2.
You can take radaway for getting rid of radiation, it reduces the radiation level by 100 over time.
But since you are only a little radiated you might want to wait until you've at least 100 radiation before taking this valuable chem. A little radiation doesn't hurt, you have to be radiated a lot for negative consequences.

Sneak, Lockpick and Steal are highlighted since you chose them as Tag skills at creation, you start with extra 20 skill and only need half as much skill points to raise them.
Raise the skills you want to be higher.
You don't need more than 100 steal, it won't raise your chance to pickpocket successfully considerably, if you pickpocket from behind you'll almost always succeed (but save first, even with 300 skill you can fail)
If you are able to pick every lock you find if you try repeatedly there is no reason to raise lockpicking. My character was able to pick every lock with 100 lockpick skill, but even less might be perfect, especially if you use lockpicks.
Only raise sneak if you try sneaking a lot and fail your skillcheck
too often, I never used this skill.

Since you're using guns the most useful skill for you is "small guns", each percent skill raise will increase the chance to hit by 1 percent. But if you find "Guns and Bullets" magazines read them first, they raise your skill if it's lower than 91, the lower it is, the more you'll benefit.
You can also raise "unarmed" if you like meleeing more, besides increasing your chance to hit your punches and kicks get also more damaging.
Raising big guns isn't worth it, 100 carrying capacity is too low.
You can raise "energy weapon" or "melee" if you find a great weapon of that kind you want to use, but not before.
First aid can be raised by reading first aid books, so don't raise it.
The doctor skill heals more HP and even crippled limbs and there are even quest related skill checks in the game, so raisíng it to 80 is a good idea.
Traps aren't very important and 48 skill is quite high.
Science, repair and outdoorsman can be increased by reading books.
Speech is extremely useful for dialogues and definitely worth raising .
Barter is useless, if you absolutely need lots of money raise gambling above 100 and go gambling. But there are more important things than money in the game.

Flares can be lightened and used to lighten dark caves or other dark locations. You can wear them in your quick weapon slot or throw them on the ground to see the surroundings better.
Meat jerky can be useful to keep geckos or dogs busy, I never used it.

You should give the best armor available to your character and your NPCs. Armor is more important than weapons and leather armor should be the best armor you've found until now.

A1: Your village will starve without a way to increase food production.

A2: You can return when you have higher skills and better equipment (electronic lockpicks) to look what's down there, but that's optional.

A3: You can just punch them to death. Your karma will drop but this can be evened out by killing bad guys and doing good things elsewhere. The "childkiller" reputaion will stay and make at least one optional quest location unavailable, but this might be worth it.
If you let others steal from you and get away with it you won't survive long in the nuclear wastelands. Letting children steal because they are too young to get punished by law shouldn't work anymore when the government has collapsed and there's anarchy. The developers really seem to hate children and want to make the player hate them too.
Killing them with molotov cocktails will still make you a childkiller.
You can set up explosives in your inventory and let them pickpocket them, go away and watch them explode or test if the child kills are added to the kill statistics if you just cripple their legs so they can't run away and let Sulik kill them.
Hurting the kids without killing them will make them run away without your character suffering negative consequences.
I'd just enter combat mode each time you have to go past them, it's not worth wasting your time, you don't have to visit those locations often and the children outside the Den are friendly. Don't let the developers succeed in making you hate children.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 17-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #106
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking I do not hate children at all - Ha ha

I hate their illegal actions only..No, I decide not to kill them..

WOW !!

What a detailed help above, mama mia!

Sposibo
!!

But, what a surprise, Vic became a member of our gang also.
So, yoga is leader of 3-men army.
It is very good my army need no food, because here we have no fishing rods to catch fish as in UW2.. (Who of you had 20-men army, if possible?)
What is higher level in FO2? Mine is 5 still.

Well, being ex-commander of 10 tanks, I have some experience, but there we have street battles, not with tanks.
BTW, I did some tests.
First, I attacked these 6 gangsters of the church and killed 4 with no damages. I think I will finish them all with kind help of my 2 camarads, but I am afraid to cancel some future missions.
Then I tried to steal the weapon of other gang boss after I freed Vic, paying 1 k $ money. I steal the weapon, but all 16-17 guards running after me and shooting me.
Well, I even killed this boss Metzger, to train my battle tactic as town guerrillas..
Note: I think is impossible to steal again some weapon from this gang.
Well, after some more companions join me (for example minimum six good armed men) I will restart this action.
But We said that I must realize some quest between 2 rival commanders..

Questions?

No..

Old 17-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #107
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarin View Post
*poke*
Happened twice in this topic already, F2 is possible, and has been already, solved with violence only.
/*poke

F2 is a lot about roleplaying I think, almost every quest ingame got multiple solutions, and it's about how you feel is right to solve it. For me, it is morally more acceptable to kill the slavers instead of supporting their business by buying someone.
I never said it is not possible, I said it is not efficient or intended.

And again: I think Vic had a dept (have to check this), so it is not actually buying slaves.

Also in a place where slavery is socially accepted, you have to solve the problem - in case you want - through political way, and that's helping the expansion of NCR / Vault City (not sure which).
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 17-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #108
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

To yoga:

Your tagged skills are "more white". If you spend skillpoints in those skills, they'll rise up double ration.

Radiation can be prevented by the most chems, only doctors and Rad-Away (infusion-bag by look) can cure radiation.

Spend your skillpoints only when you need them (or you're reaching 99 point, because they are lost if at the next level it'd go above that). And do not underestimate any skills, as even Traps is required for a certain quest. The only "useless" skills are Melee (you're better with unarmed, and that's requirement for some quest anyway) and Throwing.

You can't eat meat jerky. But for example you can give it to the dog in the town where you found Sulik, what'll give you a key for it.

For armor wear your best, and make your companion wear the best. Protection is a good thing.

As for G.E.C.K. check the intro. There they show it, tell its function, why they need it...

The highest level in F2 is lvl99. It can be only achieved through random encounters, or after finishing the game, or via the NCR exp-bug (you can have infinite reward for repairing the reactor).

The largest possible gang you can have is 1 (protagonist) + 5 NPC (from charisma) + 2 (Pariah dog and Marriage status). Not counting temporary joiners.

To deal things out with Metzger's commanders go to the western section of the town, and talk with the gangmembers in one of the house. They're mostly females.

Going against Metzger is advised when you'll have Combat Armor.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 17-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #109
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Wee.
Attached Images
File Type: png asdf.png (146.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 18-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #110
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking yoga is big sinner...

Can Y imagine my sin?

I, like a idiot, dig all graves. marauder these innocent corpses..

It is not good and morale act and I am ashamed..

OK. I heal myself with a Rad-away - BTW found in above mentioned graves.

I will distribute all 20 skill points according Yr directions.

I did the Anna-ghost mission.
Now I will start the mission of 2 rival commanders of Metzger..

Q: May I left some stuff in the car which will be repaired and sold to me when I found battery from some Skeeter?

Hey, dear Wardencz, pls, why You not rest a little to reach you and together play the game in the future, if possible?

Would be so kind inform me how percents
I am doing till now from the full, complete game?
Probably 1%?

ha ha ha

Have I go to church confessor and pray?
I am Orthodox christian.