Old 06-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #271
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post

This game is my target many years.

But i read in Net so terrible things that i still think it is veeeeeeeeeeeery hard.

No, now is time to stand up and face Wizardry 7.
Maybe i will fall down dead but will fall with dead of the millions heroes.
Very soon i will start the game.

Off
Now i am playing the game Newerwinter nights. Nice RPG.

But preparation of W7 will start asap.

Very polite Q:
Maybe starting W7 is not bright idea?
Maybe W6 is better for brave?

Danke Sehr!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #272
klesch

Quote:
:-)

that's it. thx
klesch is offline                         Send a private message to klesch
Old 06-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #273
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post

This game is my target many years.

Danke Sehr!
Wizardry 6-7-8 is a trilogy, during which you can import the very same party. So I'd call that challenge
Old 06-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #274
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Very polite Q:

Danke Sehr!
Not sure about Wizardry VI, the EGA 16 colors were a little bit scarce and did put me off back then when I tried to get into it, to be honest.
But as for Wizardry 7 - if you managed to stay alive at the last stages of Dungeon Master 2 you should do just fine with W7. It's no more difficult than DM2, however it's huge and quests/quest items span across the entire world so it's easy to get lost without knowing where to go next.

Funny thing as a sidenote - when browsing ages ago through the executable of Wizardry VI I noticed it has an entry of vga.drv in it, which isn't among the actual game files. Copying the vga.drv file from Wizardry VII over and renaming it to ega.drv (since Wizardry VI doesn't offer VGA graphics at setup) crashed the game, however it's theoretically possible that it was considered at one stage to have VGA graphics in Wizardry 6, and dropped when before it came out.

Last edited by Scatty; 06-11-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 07-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #275
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking The moment of truth for brave

Friends, i do not hurry.
Ja, Ja.
After the advise of clever Capo i started Neverwind Nights. Nice RPG game.
But Wizardry is the real challenge for me.
I will not be the brave if i ignore this nice saga.

OK, I DL both Wiz 6 and 7.

Wizardry 6-7-8 is a trilogy, during which you can import the very same party. So I'd call that challenge
Dear twillight,
being stupid heretic i will start with Wiz 7.
Excuse me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Not sure about Wizardry VI, the EGA 16 colors were a little bit scarce and did put me off back then when I tried to get into it, to be honest.
But as for Wizardry 7 - if you managed to stay alive at the last stages of Dungeon Master 2 you should do just fine with W7. It's no more difficult than DM2, however it's huge and quests/quest items span across the entire world so it's easy to get lost without knowing where to go next.

Funny thing as a sidenote - when browsing ages ago through the executable of Wizardry VI I noticed it has an entry of vga.drv in it, which isn't among the actual game files. Copying the vga.drv file from Wizardry VII over and renaming it to ega.drv (since Wizardry VI doesn't offer VGA graphics at setup) crashed the game, however it's theoretically possible that it was considered at one stage to have VGA graphics in Wizardry 6, and dropped when before it came out.
Dear Master Scatty,
Ich will gewinnen.
Well, DM2 is hard game. Especially when terrible minions appeared.
As You know my tactic against these hard opps was to create my counter minions in advance and have relative security.
I will do my best to win Wiz 7.
I know the road of brave to victory is very difficult.
But this is my doom.
With kind help of You and GOD i hope i will win.

OFF
yoga the brave is proud to note he is 6 years already member of the nice AB.
I remember even the famous Kosta, i am here when Paco the Great was not born..
Naturlich.

Now we will see is the brave real gamer or stupid braggart?
ha ha ha
Old 10-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #276
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Good luck Yoga

Did you already decide how you are going to play the game ?

Do you install the cheats for better rolls at creation and faster spell regeneration or play the original way ?
Are you going to switch classes ?
Are you going to abuse save/reload at level up ?
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 10-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #277
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Do you install the cheats for better rolls at creation and faster spell regeneration or play the original way ?
Dont listen to this guy yoga, dont do it :|

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 10-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #278
Momoftrips

Default Stuck

I don't know if anyone can even help with this. I recently got a new computer (laptop). Had to reinstall the game and start over because the old file wouldn't transfer. No problem with that-the problem I am having is I can't find any keys for New City. I have never had such a problem getting keys before. Usually I get attacked by Rats, they drop keys and I can use them. This time though, I haven't gotten a single key. So, most of the door s in New City are locked and I can't pick them because they only flash red-no green or yellow even. I have tried a knock-knock spell a couple of times, but its a newly learned spell, so I can only do a level 1 on it. I have started going through the forest hoping to get attacked and hopefully get some keys, but otherwise I am stuck. Anyone have any ideas at all?
Momoftrips is offline                         Send a private message to Momoftrips
Old 10-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #279
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Those rattkins drop the keys only occasionally, something at a 10-20% chance, so it's random and certainly not guaranteed. What you should have done was to save in New City before entering a building with a set fight encounter, load until you get a fight with a rattkin party and load after the battle if there was no drop.

It's all not obligatory though, you don't really need those keys, at higher levels in Skulduggery you should be able to pick those doors in New City which require the Iron, Pewter, Silver and Gold keys from rattkins.
You can even pick most locks with medium levels in Skulduggery. What helps a lot with that as I noticed, if you play the game in DosBox, is to keep a finger at the Pause and End keys on the keyboard while attempting to pick a lock. Since the tumblers are changing numbers and color all the time, press Pause and see if any of them is green. If it is, click with the mouse on the green tumbler button, hold it pressed and quickly press the End key. This should unfreeze the game and the tumbler will be pressed at green color. If no tumbler is at green, press End and press Pause again once they changed. Keep doing this until you get a green tumbler.
This can be especially useful in the later stages in the game with chests with really good content, where even with 100% of Skulduggery the tumblers in locks will be changing too quickly to have anything more than a random chance of success.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 10-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #280
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

I never used any keys for those doors since the skullduggery skill doesn't improve this way. Return when you've gained a few levels and your skullduggery skill gets higher. Just don't jam the locks while your skill is still too low, save before trying the lock and if it doesn't work reload from before your first try and go elsewhere.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster