Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #1
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 24-01-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 05-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #2
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

What a great game man.
I played this when I was kinda young.
It's good fun.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 05-09-2005, 09:35 PM   #3
BLOODUK
Game freak

haha i remember this, wasnt there two versions though with different names?

Thanks for the upload
BLOODUK is offline                         Send a private message to BLOODUK
Old 05-09-2005, 09:58 PM   #4
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

Cool

i love this game i´m playing about 2 weeks and i like very much this game k:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 06-09-2005, 03:20 AM   #5
AntarcticTiger
Forum hobbit

Could someone perhaps explain the basics of this game? How to build power, advance in technology, use inventions, all that...
AntarcticTiger is offline                         Send a private message to AntarcticTiger
Old 06-09-2005, 06:53 AM   #6

LOL...i remember getting this game from pc gamer as demo.

there's a way to make the baldies XXX in a house to reproduce as well *i think* k:

Thankyou for the game!

Old 06-09-2005, 08:32 AM   #7
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

The main point of this game is to exterminate your opponent. By doing so, you need to kill them all, and you have a lot of means to do so.

First, you'll start with some Baldies. You'll need a red house, so turn all your Baldies into Carpenters (blue workers) until the meter to the bottom right rise. Once this is done, use the flag icon to decide your new house location and place a Carpenter at that location. Soon (if not instantly if you have enough blue power), a small house will appear. Notice that the flag is red, so it's yours.

When this is done (or if you started with a house to begin with), you can take your Baldies with the grab (hand) icon and place them in the house. A basic house can hold 10 Baldies. From there, you want to have more men under your command so you'll probably want to upgrade your house into the next red house (you can click on the chalkboard above your Carpenter in the house to select which type of house to build, but the red one is default) while at the same time placing at least 2 Workers (red workers) in their respective room. This will "generate" more Baldies for you, and the biggest the red house you have, the faster they "reproduce".

This is only to get a high population tough. To attack, you will either need to use Soldiers (green soldiers) or traps (white Scientists). To build a house of either type, you need a normal house, then you select another type on the Carpenter chalkboard in the house. A green house give bonus to your Soldiers when they make ammunitions for the Soldiers outside when they fight your opponent. This mean they'll have access to different weapons as your green metter, to the bottom right, rise. Tough the first weapon, the gun, is usually way enough.

The white house is the Scientist house. There you will have bonuses to "research". I think over time they produce their own traps and spells, but you can help them by grabbing things on the map and dropping them on the white house. For example, a Skunk will give you a Skunk spell, and a rock will give you a Rock Rain spell. Note that those spells, which you get by using an object, give you only one use per object. Also note that animals can also be used. Not all objects and/or animals work tough, you'll have to experiment yourself.

Once those three houses are built, you will be able to use your digging power (red metter on the bottom right). To make it rise, just keep Workers (red) loose on the map (not in houses). As it rise, you'll be able to fill water or make land disapear. It use red power, so be sure to have a lot of "worshipers" around if you want to make an extended use of it. Note also that your grabbing power (the hand icon) also use red power. If you have 0 red power, you won't be able to grab objects.

To use traps, you will need to have access to the said trap in one of your houses. Using the chalkboard in the Scientist area of any house will bring a trap or a spell in one of your 6 slots in your menu (which you can move anywhere on the side of the screen BTW). Once this is done, you will need Scientists roaming the land free so the little scale grow up until it's ready, and then you can use it as you wish. Traps require that you also sacrifice a Scientist in the process, the Scientists "flying" at the designated point and setting the trap up. Spells works instantly. Some traps/spells don't last forever in your inventory, but this is in direct relation to the spells you get from objects/animals. If your trap/spell disapear, it is likely that you ran out of "charges" of it.

Soldiers works pretty much by themselves and roam the land in search of a Hairy to kill. If they don't have ammo (your green power to the bottom right is gone), they'll punch their ennemies down and it will immobilize the target for about 5 seconds. If they have ammo, they'll run after the Hairies trying to kill them. To make your green power rise, you'll need Soldiers working in a house.

Last point of interest; you can enter trees just like house if you drop a Baldie on it. I never found a point in doing so tough. You also can attack an ennemy house by dropping (or using the icarus wing to mass drop) Baldies on it. Either way, you lose your Baldie by doing so, but you have a chance to kill an ennemy Hairy inside the ennemy house also. If you kill all the ennemies and you put a last Baldie inside the house, you capture it.

In resume:

Carpenters (blue workers) raise your blue meter when roaming the land free. They build houses when you use the flag icon and the blue meter is high enough. They are also needed in a built house to keep it erect and in shape, as a house without carpenters will decay over time.
Workers (red workers) are your basic "normal Joe" men which worship you. Without them you would receive no "mana" to use your normal powers, which in turn mean that you would have no hold on the physical realm of the world. Workers raise your red meter when roaming free the realm and generate more Baldies for you to command when they are at least 2 in any given house.
Scientists (white workers) raise your white meter when they roam the realm free. They are also needed to "set up" traps when you want to use them. You lose one Scientists per trap, but you will kill many more with a single trap so it even out in the end. When used in a house, they research new traps/spells for you.
Soldiers (green Soldiers) are your basic all around commando guy. They'll try to take down ennemies, with a weapon or not. When roaming the realm free, they run after ennemies to kill them. The weapons they have available depend on the green meter, which in turn get raised as you place more Soldiers in houses so they can make ammo for those outside.

I hope this post will be usefull enough for the new Baldies players.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:04 AM   #8
BurningPanther

This game is nice! I used to play the CD-rom version but after a little while of playing it always crashed. I still enjoyed it though. I think I'll download this version and try to play it again, hopefully without it crashing all the time k:
BurningPanther is offline                         Send a private message to BurningPanther
Old 06-09-2005, 10:05 AM   #9
BLOODUK
Game freak

Anyway to slow it down? its going SO fast.. even if i manually
slow the game down using the speed bar
BLOODUK is offline                         Send a private message to BLOODUK
Old 06-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #10
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by BLOODUK@Sep 6 2005, 10:05 AM
Anyway to slow it down? its going SO fast.. even if i manually