Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-06-2005, 04:27 PM   #11
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Ooh, ooh ooh!

I have a classic one from Combat Mission 2 : Barbarrossa To Berlin!

I was playing as the Axis (Italians, to be precise) and thought that, to help my advance, I would set up an elaborate trap with artillery, cutting off the enemy lines of retreat and also blowing up their field guns.

All was going well, probably no more AT guns, definately no lines of retreat for my enemy.

So I ordered my soldiers forward in their trucks, all was going well (playing against another person, not the enemy) until suddenly, very suddenly I noticed that something was wrong.

It looked like the enemy had bought about 500 points less than he was allotted.

But oh no...

what they had oh-so-cleverly done is lay the mother of all minefields.

First the trucks went over... "no problem" said I... only then did I realise the full evil of this plan.

With no troops that could take out the minefields it was slaughter.

Not only was there an anti-tank minefield, which destroyed the trucks, I then realised that the whole area surrounding this was covered in anti-personnel mines. The trucks had been blown up and my troops were literally hemmed in. There was no escape.

The T-34 tanks then rolled over the hill and butchered my forces to a man. My AT weapons ran out in seconds for only the loss of two of the tanks. He then reversed them 50 metres behind a minefield (I had no way to know that it was there), into a cliff face.

'I have you now, you bastard' I thought. My troops then valiantely rushed at his tanks and just before I got to the range of my grenades another minefield wiped out my remaining infantry before he triumphantly drove his tanks at me, killing all that I had left.

A sad, sad tale...

I never did find out whether he had any AT guns...
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 28-06-2005, 08:41 PM   #12
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I managed to injure myself by smacking myself in the face with a corckscrew when opening a bottle of wine. I hadn't even drunk any yet either. I bear a scar to this day, to remind me of my utter stupididty (and the evils of those horrible rubber 'corks').
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 28-06-2005, 08:52 PM   #13
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

I stub my toe every time I enter my room.

I also have a large scar on my middle finger of my left hand because I stuck it in a door crack, and then somebody slammed it shut. It sounds funny, but trust me, it hurts like hell.
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 28-06-2005, 09:02 PM   #14
Danny252
I have a custom title!

the end of my fourth finger on my left hand was hanging off after a misadventure along those lines. I like to call myself oddfinger.
Old 28-06-2005, 09:14 PM   #15
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Indignus IV@Jun 28 2005, 08:52 PM

I also have a large scar on my middle finger of my left hand because I stuck it in a door crack, and then somebody slammed it shut. It sounds funny, but trust me, it hurts like hell.
I did that with a car door... :tai:
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 28-06-2005, 09:22 PM   #16
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

We were on a vacation once, and we had a rental car which was a van. I got in, and then my dad slammed the sliding door shut on my finger. It hurt so much I didn't make a sound, and he just got in and started driving.

Than I squeaked: Daddy!...mbll....dad...daddy! My fin...my finger is s-stuck in the dooooooooor!

So they finally figured it out and opened the door for me.

I always get fingers and toes stubbed and hurt.
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 28-06-2005, 10:14 PM   #17
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

I was drivng in the car with me mum. It was not so long ago, long enough for me to forget what day it was, but not long enough for me to forget exactly what happened. We were driving towards a big intersection where the trafficlights had been switched off due to the ongoing constructionworks around the city. A conversation about the uselessness of some subjects had led us to the topic of what my mother had to study when she was around my age.

"And I just couldn't do it!" she said, minding the road.
"Do what?" I implored, I had lost track of her, my attention had wandered off the beaten track a few seconds ago, thinking about something I couldn't remember anymore, but the thought had been strong enough to drown out my mother's voice.
"Steno, I never got the hang of it" she replied, still minding the road for any new roadblocks or upcoming trafficjams.
"Steno, that is... typing fast?" I asked, I knew what steno was but sensed my mother was waiting for a reply from me in order to carry on with the conversation, any reply would do.
"No, that would be Dactylo, Steno is the one with the symbols for words" she said, after which she mumbled "oh dear, the trafficlights are out again"
"Symbols?" I asked, knowing she would bring up the old example.
"Yeah, you know" she said while she lifted her right hand off the wheel "- Ladies and Gentlemen" she said while she made a waving move with her arm to indicate the general look of the symbol, the intersection was coming up fast.
"Oh" I said, "we've got that too" I lifted my right arm, made a fist and put up my middle finger and uttered "ladies and gentlemen"

The police officer regulating the traffic was not pleased with the audacious symbol I had made in his general direction and had us pull over, needless to say it was difficult to convince the officer that it was all just a big misunderstanding...
Old 28-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #18
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Sorry if I'm ignorant, but.........is that true? Sounds like a funny joke, but not something that happens in real life. :blink:
Old 28-06-2005, 10:29 PM   #19
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

It did
Old 28-06-2005, 11:17 PM   #20
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

LOL Heehee!

My mom gets flashed all the time.....she never gets mad. That policeman must have been really desperate to get somebody!