Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-01-2009, 11:49 PM   #1
Japo
Autonomous human

Default Pit-Fighter

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
Old 28-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
kjore

Nah, street fighter was out 3 years in the Arcades before this and was much more popular.
This conversion of Pit fighter is probably the best, for a 1991 PC game it was good, much better than the Amiga version.

Old 28-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjore View Post
Nah, street fighter was out 3 years in the Arcades before this and was much more popular.
This conversion of Pit fighter is probably the best, for a 1991 PC game it was good, much better than the Amiga version.
Probably yes, but I'd say only a little. Street Fighter wasnt revolutionary or special and not a good game either.

Oh, and in the review, I was actually comparing this game to Street Fighter 2. *Quick fixes*
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 31-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
Timok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
Probably yes, but I'd say only a little. Street Fighter wasnt revolutionary or special and not a good game either.

Oh, and in the review, I was actually comparing this game to Street Fighter 2. *Quick fixes*
Street fighter 1 was revolutionary for 1987. It was the best fighting game out then with special moves and speech. Most who played the original in the Arcades still prefer it to the cartoonish Street fighter 2.

Old 31-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #5
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timok View Post
Street fighter 1 was revolutionary for 1987. It was the best fighting game out then with special moves and speech. Most who played the original in the Arcades still prefer it to the cartoonish Street fighter 2.
*double blink*

Cartoonish?

Original Street Fighter was pretty cartoonish as well.

I find your latter argument absurd. Why on earth would someone prefer a fighting game over another which has the most crappiest controls ever? Because it was cartoonish? The counter-option for that would rather be something like Mortal Kombat.

Seriously. I've never heard anyone saying "I prefer original Street Fighter instead of its sequel."
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 31-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #6
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

maybe it's a matter of nostalgy
Old 31-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #7
Japo
Autonomous human

It's a matter of how stupid I find 3D hack'n slash games nowadays, yet back in the days I played 2D beat'em up's to no end. LOL

Anyway IMHO the place of SF1 in arcade history can't be compared to the place of SF2. SF1 may have been a cool and even innovative game, but before and after SF2 were simply different worlds. I can't really explain why just now, but it gave people what they wanted.

The arcade close to my home back then was full of legacy games, but they never bothered to have SF1. But when SF2 was out they got it and it was their only recent game (in an old recycled cabinet of course), and it got more attention than all the other games.

*Realizes he's off topic in the Pit-Fighter topic* Oh ****.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
Office_Monk
Game freak

Ah yes, spent a small fortune on this game in the arcade... Such a cool game, preferred the realism over SFII and MK.

Was totally happy to find it for arcade emulator.

About 6 years ago I found this sorry excuse of a conversion; while the graphics were excellent for that era (1990), the controls were a major screw-up... Then again most PC-fighters suffer from that flaw! (Come to think of it, pre '95 only Ninja (Mission) had useful controls)
Office_Monk is offline                         Send a private message to Office_Monk
Old 04-06-2010, 01:11 AM   #9
punkassbitch
Abandonia nerd

Anybody who downloads this game deserves all the Holy Hell that reigns down on them!
punkassbitch is offline                         Send a private message to punkassbitch
Old 02-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
Abandoned Witch
I will never go back anymore

Played this version once, and It was good! Just watched the arcade longplay though.

Last edited by Abandoned Witch; 03-05-2011 at 04:30 AM.
Abandoned Witch is offline                         Send a private message to Abandoned Witch