Old 14-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
informer
Default PayPal

Easier and safer to make a donation if you got PayPal

Old 14-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

If you are having trouble donating or the system isn't working please let us know! and thank you for your interest in abandonia
Old 14-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by informer View Post
Easier and safer to make a donation if you got PayPal
We're only accepting donations through PayPal to begin with.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-11-2010, 02:16 AM   #4
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

you can also donate with kidneys
Old 16-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
chuckles92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane View Post

If you are having trouble donating or the system isn't working please let us know! and thank you for your interest in abandonia
I just donated 5 bucks (not a lot, I know) and on my accounts page, the site tells me that, "This user hasn't contributed yet."
Also, since my donation was in $USD, I should have been sent to the English language paypal(?)
Anyway, there it is.
chuckles92 is offline                         Send a private message to chuckles92
Old 16-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The "contributed" thing on the user details page refers only to content contributions (reviews, game archives etc).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
csdani84
Lurker

Default payment without personal data

Hello! I want to send you some money. No, I'm not willing to create a PayPal account. No, I don't want to give you my home address and phone number and other personal details. I simply want to give you some money. So please try and provide us with the possibility to simply make the credit card payment online without the need to give these private data (like in the case of every single online payment I've done so far).
csdani84 is offline                         Send a private message to csdani84
Old 30-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #8
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
you can also donate with kidneys
I'll take your liver with a fine Chianti and i don't like fava beans but I do like rice noodles and very dark soy sauce and ....

BUGGER NOW I HAVE TO GO MAKE BREAKFAST EARLY!!!!!!

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 30-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #9
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by csdani84 View Post
Hello! I want to send you some money. No, I'm not willing to create a PayPal account. No, I don't want to give you my home address and phone number and other personal details. I simply want to give you some money. So please try and provide us with the possibility to simply make the credit card payment online without the need to give these private data (like in the case of every single online payment I've done so far).
Look, LOL, if you want to post a case of beer to Sweden, I'm sure they won't be offended

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 15-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #10
Aerouge
Lurker

Default Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by csdani84 View Post
I support this notion. I am a long time user of abandonia.com (though never bothered to register in the forum). Wenn you asked for donations I cracked my wallet open in an instant, ready to spend. But if you give me the choice to donate via paypal or to donate via credit card VIA paypal my wallet closed faster than it even opened.

I want to support you guys, I really do. But not at the cost of using (and thus supporting and funding) a morally corrupt institiution like paypal is. I can imagine that paypal makes it easy for you to offer a payment option where you have to worry about nothing, but for me this is simply unacceptable. If there is the possibility to use amazon payments (I use them for all my kickstarter backing) or to donate directly via visa / mc let me know.

You guys are great, I want to support you. PayPal is just simply unnaccaptable to me :-(
Aerouge is offline                         Send a private message to Aerouge