Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Do you own Baldurs Gate (1)
Yes 26 57.78%
No 19 42.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-08-2004, 10:59 AM   #21
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Quote:
But it only affects the dialogues (like in NWN too, btw.) and nothing more. In Baldur's Gate II there are more possibilities / restrictions with being evil. For example, being evil allows you to get the quest from one side of the demons for killing the other demon's side in the Watcher's Keep in the addon Throne of Bhaal. If you are good or neutral, there's no such possibility, they just attack you then.
I remember quests in NWN where the enemy would act according to your class.For example:
You are given a quest to kill some outlaws.If you are evil, when you meet them, they will say something like "don't kill us, and we'll share the loot!"I f you are Paladin they would attack on sight
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 24-08-2004, 11:16 AM   #22
revgb
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to revgb

Quote:

Planescape Torment is Torment indeed. Far too dull. Icewinddale is better but it lacks the storytelling element of Baldur's Gate. Baldur's Gate is precisely what a game like this needs to be. Plenty of action but also mistery and adventure.
Im quite surprised you dont like torment it was such a great game, i wont go on about execpt to say that i cant see how u consider the diolouge dull when u consider that at one statge you RIP YOUR EYE BALL OUT OF YOUR SOCKET AND REPLACE IT WITH A PREVIOUS EYEBALL FROM A SEPERATE INCARNATE. classic fun man

Quote:
Quote:
The only one where your attributes like INT or WIS really affect the game.
But, unlike in Baldur's Gate II (perhaps 1 too), your alignment there doesn't affect anything when it changes to evil one - same dialogues, same options, so this one point is not that good.
well becuase alignmnet was such a swinging pendulum it was one of the games best part imo. ur being a nice guy the whole game till suddenly you just absoultly lose it and sell your other party members into slavery to get a good spell, i mean you actions wernt limited by what the computer told you your alignment was, ur actions were limited (or enhanced) by the morals that you actully lived by. i dont know if im making sense here so ill stop, different strokes for different folks i guess.

Quote:
There is talk of Baldur's Gate 3 being in the works. Since the story has been finished in ToB I wonder what it will bring? Black Isle is not developing this one though.
yeah i actully read an interview with the guys that are planning it basicly its not going to be about the bhall spawn what so ever, there just making a new game about totaly unrelated stuff and using the previous games good name to increase sales. which i dont have a problem with as long as they make a good game
revgb is offline                         Send a private message to revgb
Old 24-08-2004, 11:18 AM   #23
FreeFreddy

Quote:
I remember quests in NWN where the enemy would act according to your class.For example:
You are given a quest to kill some outlaws.If you are evil, when you meet them, they will say something like \"don't kill us, and we'll share the loot!\"I f you are Paladin they would attack on sight
Only some rare exceptions (at least in the original NWN - didn't play the addons yet). There are many more such possibilities in Baldur's Gate II than in any other, I guess.
But let's return back to the topic. :wink:

Old 24-08-2004, 11:28 AM   #24
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Okay have you played NWN??
Almost all the side quests in the game are influenced by alignment or class.
Regarding to the curent topic, i can't wait to try BG, especially the first part
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 24-08-2004, 11:32 AM   #25
Decalies
Forum hobbit

Send a message via MSN to Decalies

You really should. If you love NWN, then I'm sure you'd also thing BG1+2 are great! I would suggest to start really with BG1, and then BG2, since it really is a contineous story-line.
Decalies is offline                         Send a private message to Decalies
Old 24-08-2004, 11:51 AM   #26
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Im quite surprised you dont like torment it was such a great game, i wont go on about execpt to say that i cant see how u consider the diolouge dull when u consider that at one statge you RIP YOUR EYE BALL OUT OF YOUR SOCKET AND REPLACE IT WITH A PREVIOUS EYEBALL FROM A SEPERATE INCARNATE. *classic fun man

yeah i actully read an interview with the guys that are planning it basicly its not going to be about the bhall spawn what so ever, there just making a new game about totaly unrelated stuff and using the previous games good name to increase sales. *which i dont have a problem with as long as they make a good game
I did not say there was nothing to laugh about. I did find many things to laugh at but it was not enough for me to save the game.

I don't mind another storyline either. The last one was ended with ToB anyway. I just hope the game as a whole lives up to the Baldur's Gate Moniquer.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 26-08-2004, 10:05 AM   #27
revgb
Abandonia nerd

i hope the put servok in number 3 - he is the bomb
Old 26-08-2004, 03:47 PM   #28
xndr2181
Game Wizzard

I own all the infinity engine games too, great stuff. My take,
Baldurs Gate 1 &2-Great games all around, great story, great game mechanics, and you were never limited to following the storyline.
Icewind Dale 1 & 2- Good games, but only for a little while. The hack and slash gets repetitive, and lack of story hurts, but I really enjoyed being able to make your whole party.
Planescape Torment- Great game, amazing storyline, just in general a lot of fun, it lacked a wide selection of party members, also the ending was waaaaay too easy.
Neverwinter Nights-Blah, that's all I have to say. My interpretation, two big execs sitting in an office, "Hey, I got an idea, we'll make a game that's based on the D&D setting, and instead of using the amazinf Infinity Engine like in the last games we made, we'll make an entirely new system similar to Diablo II!!"
-Sean
xndr2181 is offline                         Send a private message to xndr2181
Old 26-08-2004, 04:34 PM   #29
FreeFreddy

Quote:
I own all the infinity engine games too, great stuff. My take,
Baldurs Gate 1 &2-Great games all around, great story, great game mechanics, and you were never limited to following the storyline.
Icewind Dale 1 & 2- Good games, but only for a little while. The hack and slash gets repetitive, and lack of story hurts, but I really enjoyed being able to make your whole party.
Planescape Torment- Great game, amazing storyline, just in general a lot of fun, it lacked a wide selection of party members, also the ending was waaaaay too easy.
Neverwinter Nights-Blah, that's all I have to say. My interpretation, two big execs sitting in an office, "Hey, I got an idea, we'll make a game that's based on the D&D setting, and instead of using the amazinf Infinity Engine like in the last games we made, we'll make an entirely new system similar to Diablo II!!"
-Sean
With the new 3D-graphics! This would bring us money!
:wink:

Old 27-08-2004, 02:38 AM   #30
revgb
Abandonia nerd

yeah nwn sucked
anyone ever play bg 2 multipalyer? was it good omg post ur experiences!! ;p