Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-08-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
TheSHEEEP
Post "new" game discovered - Faustus

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I discovered something on an old shareware disk, and thought you might want to add it:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index...e-hell.117527/

Old 03-08-2017, 04:00 AM   #2
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

The game Faustus has been verified by me. The graphics are not bad. It is similar to the game Gauntlet. It is a DOS game. Just extract. If you are scared of virus just mount a separate directory in DOSBox like this:

mount c c:\Faustus
c:
cd Faustus
fstart

Then it all begins!
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 03-08-2017, 04:40 AM   #3
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Just to the stress the importance of backing up and also creating a separate directory to prevent viruses spreading. Please always if possible mount into a separate directory like above.

For instance if you have downloaded a zip program and it has the folder miscdos then just copy that miscdos to your c:\ drive. Then mount like so:

mount c c:\miscdos
c:
cd miscdos
dir /w/p

The cd stands for Chand Directory to
dir stands for Directory (content)
/w stands for wide
/p stands for pause each fullscreen

Once the dir shows you all the programs you just need to find the one with the exe at the ending. Sometimes you need to experiment until you find the right exe to start. Usually it is something obvious like the game name or part of the game name. Other times it is Install.exe or Setup.exe or Start.exe etc. Something along that long anyways.

Don't worry you have a separate directory instead of your c:\ root directory so the virus cannot spread outside of the miscdos directory. That is how DOSBox 0.74 works.

Thank you God.
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 03-08-2017, 05:09 AM   #4
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

The only thing I don't like about Faustus is it is in the same gendre like Quake for DOS. That is why I said to always mount in a separate directory. Even with seemingly good games and innocent gendre you should mount a separate directory just in case.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:46 PM   #5
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Thumbs up

Wow! The Captain, or rather, Captein, or better Captien Bible has a talent for investigation. That means he can join the select group consisting of Miss Lulu_Jane Marple and Air-cule Parrot .

“Two is company three is a crowd.” but, on the other hand, “Three heads think better than two.” (Two heads think better than one).