Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-02-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
James Black

I just recently installed DOSBOX and downloaded flashback, tried it and everything went smooth, than i noticed something very weird, all the text is in Spanish or something, and i dont understand Spanish, is this just me or is this common.

Sincerly
James BLack

Click on the banner.
James Black is offline                         Send a private message to James Black
Old 06-02-2005, 04:49 PM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

In the game or in DOSBox itself?

If it's in DOSBox I guess you downloaded the wrong version. If it's in the game you can probably change that in the setup.exe file.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:03 PM   #3
James Black

Its the game, and i dont see any language option in setup, and setup is also wtirren in Spanish or whatever weird language.

Could it have anything to do with the fact that my Windows XP is set to my language Faroese, or Faroe Island prolly a weird language in your eyes :bye:

Ill try and snoop in the setup, but if that doesen't work any chance you could help me.

I tried to download the game from another site and just the same problem.

Sincerly
James Black

Click on the banner.
James Black is offline                         Send a private message to James Black
Old 06-02-2005, 09:08 PM   #4
James Black

Okey this was really weird, i dont know if this is your verision off the game or the one i downloaded from another site, but there is a .exe file called "fb_rus.exe" and i just tried it, no sound, and after the intro the menu was in russian. And i dont see any FB_eng or anything

Click on the banner.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:04 PM   #5
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I been extremely surprised to see the game in French when I started it so I guess it does have something to do with your machine nationality settings... However only the menu was in French and the game itself was in english.

VDMSound did not work for this game, but it worked great with DOSBox 0.63. I'm impressed with the fluidity of the graphics, this look like a lot like an improved version of "Another World". :w00t:
Old 06-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #6
James Black

So your saying its english on your side ???, cause on my side the Menu, Install and the game iteself was in French or something.

You think changing my country to English whould fix this, or is there just something majorly wrong with something on my end.

I really want to play this game, but i want to play it so i understand it.

*Edit You can see if the game is French as well by pressing the "Tab" button, the items there will either be spelled in French or English

Sincerly
James Black

Click on the banner.