Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-07-2007, 12:22 AM   #421
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_LacyCat_* @ Jul 17 2007, 12:09 AM) [snapback]299740[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Oh thank you guys for your help. I downloaded it again and this time the files all unzipped properly and i was able to complete the sound configuration and everything. I have no idea what happened the first time around but I'm glad you guys were here .
[/b]
Glad to see a happy member (feel free to log in :P ) and even happier to see the feedback. That is very valuable for others with similar problems. Happy gaming
Old 22-08-2007, 06:51 AM   #422
Alyssa
Thumbs up

I used to be sooooo addicted to this game, but I thought it could only run in the old DOS-based computers. When I upgraded my pc eons ago (and about 4x since then) I was unable to install and run the game. Am I missing something? I really do miss playing it!! That's why I decided to google it to see if there was a newer version and I ended up here.

Old 22-08-2007, 06:58 AM   #423
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Even if someone is able to run this game on XP, I suggest you download and install DOSBox, which will allow you to play DOS games on modern computers. Please note that DOSBox needs quite a bit of resources, and that the games you run through it may be very slow to unlapyable on lower end computers.
Download DOSBox here
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php...33e373fdbb09ac4

Then please read this tutorial for setting up DOSBox
http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index...howtopic=14913

Feel free to ask for additional help if needed
Old 22-08-2007, 07:33 AM   #424
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Actually, this game is one of the few which work way past fine on XP as long as you use VDMSound for the sound.
Old 22-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #425
Guest_eolsunder_*

I just want to know if anyone has figured out the forumlas for the type of star and planets that affect your different levels of production/research/growth.

I know of course the type of planet you are on, and the type of sun in the system affect your 3 areas of growth, but not by how much. Just wondering if anyone has looked at the game code to figure out how much each type of star/planet either negates or boosts certain production.

One of the few things Ive always wondered about the game but never found out.

Old 16-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #426
Muad&#39;Dib

What other games on this genre do you advise me to play? I played moo, but are there any other games like this which are worth playing?
Muad&#39;Dib is offline                         Send a private message to Muad&#39;Dib
Old 17-09-2007, 01:09 PM   #427
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Imperium Galactica, GalCiv, Sword of the Stars, just to name a few
Old 18-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #428
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Oh yes, definitely the 3 above.
About Galactic Civilizations: I would recommend going to Galactic Civilizations 2 straightaway - by the way there's another expansion pack planned soon. Not that I'm in any way related to GalCiv, except that I'm addicted
Old 24-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #429

Luv it!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:32 AM   #430
oombaka

can someone please tell me why this game looks horrible on my brand new computer....i'm running a dual core with xp and a brand new graphics card but i can hardly make out anything on the screen...and i also don't think the mouse clicking works...

i remember this game from when i was a kid and i really really want to play it because i remember it being one of the best games i ever played...any tips on getting the resolution appropriate would be much appreciated...