Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #31
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Several pre-made saves are included with the game. They give you faster access to the gadgetry and ones labeled with an "X" on the end also give you 1000 credits on the start.

This should be sufficient to get the game completed - mind you, that it's important to try and get a couple "clads" complete as fast as possible - this will give you extra crystals (as many as there were dinos in the clad plus one extra), and if you manage to keep this advantage you won't have to lose credits to get new ones either.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-10-2007, 05:56 AM   #32

hi, I'm a complete idiot.

I dont know what you guys are talking about with c:// and sub things...

can I get an idiots guide to making this game play?

I'm on a mac, running paralels windows 2000 professional.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #33
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

To put it as simply as possible... unpack the game directly on your C drive, memory stick or burn it to a CD. Then run it.

No idea how to run it on a Mac. This version is supposed to be Mac-compatibile, but I never had one to check it with.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-10-2007, 01:34 PM   #34

Hi, I'm also on a mac running a virtual PC program and i have seriously tried EVERYTHING and nothing will make this game work! Which is so unbelievably sad because i love this game and i think i still have the cd in the house somewhere but i cant find it anywhere and i really really want to play it and IF SOMEONE CAN JUST HELP ME PLEEEEAAASSSEEE!!!
Thanks!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #35
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

1. What virtual PC program you're talking about? Microsoft Virtual PC or something else?
2. "Everything" is a very broad definition. For all I know you could have been rubbing snake oil onto the CPU radiator , so please tell us _exactly_ what you have tried doing.

-- Reed Richards
Old 13-10-2007, 04:30 AM   #36

Yes it's a microsoft windows 98 virtual pc program. So lets see what have i done, i downloaded the program onto my mac, tried to run it through the virtual pc program and that didn't work.
I made a cd of of it and tried running it off that and that didn't work.
I downloaded the program again while i was actually in the virtual pc program and 'unpacked' it onto the C drive and that still didn't work. I tried all of this on another computer just to make sure it wasn't my laptop being stupid but that didn't work either so i'm basically stuck for ideas as to what i else i can try.

Old 13-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #37
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 13 2007, 06:30 AM) [snapback]315924[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
tried to run it through the virtual pc program and that didn't work.[/b]
i have a new vacuum cleaner at home, so i turned it on and it didnt work tell me where s tha problam!!! kthxbye
Old 15-10-2007, 09:19 AM   #38
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 13 2007, 06:30 AM) [snapback]315924[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Yes it's a microsoft windows 98 virtual pc program. So lets see what have i done, i downloaded the program onto my mac, tried to run it through the virtual pc program and that didn't work.
I made a cd of of it and tried running it off that and that didn't work.
I downloaded the program again while i was actually in the virtual pc program and 'unpacked' it onto the C drive and that still didn't work. I tried all of this on another computer just to make sure it wasn't my laptop being stupid but that didn't work either so i'm basically stuck for ideas as to what i else i can try.
[/b]
It should work...
Did you unpack the files to a subdirectory?

-- Reed Richards
Old 23-01-2008, 04:24 AM   #39
maxc16
Lurker

Smile

I am confused, how is it possible not to run out of energy?
And yes, how do you do 'something funny'?

Great game but my colours keep on stuffing up.
maxc16 is offline                         Send a private message to maxc16
Old 23-01-2008, 08:31 AM   #40
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I am confused, how is it possible not to run out of energy?
Focus on getting mission-target pictures. When you can record videos, do that instead (you get more credits). Then, try to complete full clads whenever you can - you get bonus data crystals (number of creatures in each clad plus 1), so don't have to pay with energy credits for new ones.

Also, the game producers have included several pre-made savegames (all are in the game archive) that let you start with better gear or more credits. Try them.

-- Reed Richards