Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-11-2006, 06:43 AM   #21
grigory

I remember playing this game back in the day. It was incredibly frustrating though because the game didn't like something in my computer (I can't even remember what platform it was, there were four 5 1/4" disks you had to keep swapping out) and never got very far. I'd run into a room and be trapped by furniture and random crap, or I would somehow end up in the middle of the ocean instead of forest. I loved the concept but couldn't get it to run properly on my system.

I just aquired this game and started playing again, and I'm having trouble, I don't know if it's a bug or what. I just defeated some squid while in my ship, and now I can't get out of the combat screen. I have the ship, surrounded by water, and it won't let me end the combat without running off the screen. Which I can't do since I can't walk on water. I thought about saving and quitting and re-opening the dosbox again, but it won't let me save while in combat. :wallbash:

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 21-11-2006, 09:54 AM   #22
Saphire
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grigory @ Nov 21 2006, 08:43 AM) [snapback]267909[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I remember playing this game back in the day. It was incredibly frustrating though because the game didn't like something in my computer (I can't even remember what platform it was, there were four 5 1/4" disks you had to keep swapping out) and never got very far. I'd run into a room and be trapped by furniture and random crap, or I would somehow end up in the middle of the ocean instead of forest. I loved the concept but couldn't get it to run properly on my system.

I just aquired this game and started playing again, and I'm having trouble, I don't know if it's a bug or what. I just defeated some squid while in my ship, and now I can't get out of the combat screen. I have the ship, surrounded by water, and it won't let me end the combat without running off the screen. Which I can't do since I can't walk on water. I thought about saving and quitting and re-opening the dosbox again, but it won't let me save while in combat. :wallbash:

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
[/b]
I had that bugs few times too, seems it's a common bug. All I could do is quit Dosbox and restart from the last save position.
Saphire is offline                         Send a private message to Saphire
Old 09-12-2006, 06:58 PM   #23
Rekcuf

I had the same problem with only five working. Turning num lock off before start up did the trick. Thank you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 27 2006, 10:03 PM) [snapback]263914[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 28 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]251475[/snapback]
Quote:
Im having a problem with this game. For some reason the number keys dont work. Well the number 5 works but the rest of them dont. Any one ever have this problem, or know how to fix it?
[/b]
Turn NumLock off. If that doesn't work, turn it off before starting the game.
[/b][/quote]

Old 20-02-2007, 05:05 AM   #24
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grigory @ Nov 21 2006, 01:43 AM) [snapback]267909[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
[/b]
Try the escape key after killing the monsters while at sea. Works for me but I played it in DOS not DosBox.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 20-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #25
realworksuks

do the ultima games on this website come with the expansions? Mainly concerned with Ultima 7.
realworksuks is offline                         Send a private message to realworksuks
Old 21-02-2007, 01:06 PM   #26
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Expansions are usually in separate reviews / uploads.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #27
realworksuks

so ultima 7 is just the core game with no expansion then? This site doesn't have the expansion either does it?
realworksuks is offline                         Send a private message to realworksuks
Old 22-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #28
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

We have the Serpent Isle expansion, but not the other two (and don't count on them before 2009, since they're ESA protected).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #29
chronochief

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sigfrodi @ Jun 23 2006, 08:10 AM) [snapback]238936[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I am an Ultima lover... Though Ultima V is not my fav (I prefer U7, U7 Part 2 and U4), it is a really great game!!

There is a free (as in beer) remake of Ultima V, using the Dungeon Siege engine, which is called Ultima Lazarus. One can feel the huge involvement and passion from the developers in this game, one of the best RPGs I've played in years... It requires a legal copy of Dungeon Siege (Mac or Windows) to be used.
[/b]
Yeah, just gotta say: Ultima V Lazarus is an awesome remake - by faar the best RPG I've played in years, and I'm a big fan of the original... You need Dungeon Siege to play it, tho.

Quote:
We have the Serpent Isle expansion, but not the other two (and don't count on them before 2009, since they're ESA protected).[/b]
What are the other two expansions? Remember that Serpent Isle is a standalone game =)
chronochief is offline                         Send a private message to chronochief
Old 13-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #30
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Go here, type "Ultima VII" as the title and see what it shows. If a game is on Abandonia, the title will link to it. Otherwise, the link will go to Mobygames or Underdogs.

-- Reed Richards