Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
a1s
Hero Gamer

We used to have one of these back a few months ago, but then the exams came (at least that was my reason) and the thread sort of died off. the otherone was comletely ruined from start by a dispute wether or not it was legitimate (WTF was wrong with you?!).
so now I want to start a new(third) storytelling thread.
so let me lay down a few basic rules:
1)no concious spaming.

2)no more than a screen of text per post (and no doublepsts)

3)only one (last) post of the story may be rewinded (well ignored, sort of), and you have to give a strong reasoning why you are doing that (note that such posts are much more likely to get ignored)

4) no killing the main charecter, unless it's really required for the sory (again, be prepared that people hate main chrecter deaths, and make a calming sidenote)

IF you think I forgot something (or that these rules are *unfair*) post about it and I'll edit this post.

keep it fun, don't hog all the story.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 08-07-2005, 12:33 PM   #2
Sameeralord
Game freak

k: Who got the best imagination has risen from the Ashes. Well how can we start.

It was 3.30 a.m and I heard my home phone repeatedly ringing. I got out of the bed sleepy and thinking who is this person calling me at this time. I walked to the dining hall and took the reciever. Person in the other end was taking huge breaths. I straight away asked Who are you though it sounded bit rude. He replied telling his name is A2s and he had very important thing to tell me that would surely change my life. Without taking another breath the A2S started talked. After he finished his talk I understood what he said would indeed change my life dramatically.

Hope this is a good start
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 08-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #3
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sameeralord@Jul 8 2005, 12:33 PM
change my life dramatically.
-I'm you from the future -he said.
-But my name is Alexander Steevens -I replied not willing to believe him at first
-they will assign us all codes... just ask me something only you would know.
now I really don't want to talk about what I asked him , the point is- he was me.
-In 5 days you are going to get your job aplication approved in that military compound you sent you papers to half a year ago. and in 7 weeks you will be assisting Dr. Kukharev in a mater transportation experiment, that is when they will come. after this moment on humanity is doomed (oh it will probably continue it's existance as slaves for a few cenuries, but that's not really life is it?)
still sleepy I asked him -so what do you want me to do?
I really didn't know I had so many cursewords in my memory (allthough I reconised them all), after he exausted his vocabulary he explained that my only purpose from now on was to prevent that experiment, and before I could ask him how he managed to contact me, he hanged up.
The only evidence I had was a notebad with the words "A2S" and "Kukharev" as well as a doodle of an alien.

join in guys! if you don't like something.. we're still open to new Ideas, yuo know...
come on! Quintopotere,TheChosen,Playbahnosh, I know you giys are into this!
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 08-07-2005, 06:37 PM   #4
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s@Jul 8 2005, 08:04 PM
The only evidence I had was a notebad with the words "A2S" and "Kukharev" as well as a doodle of an alien.
Seeing as how I was called by "Myself" from the future, I thought that maybe I should find this Kukharev fellow, after all - I was going to be his assistant. I went straight to the military compound to find him.
- Hold on there, bub, no one pass dis point. Can't'cha reed? No tresspasirz.
The guards seemed to be a "bit" drunk, with their reaction being at the lowest I quickly snached the keys one was holding, quickly slipped in and shut the doors.
Seeing as how I had gotten in at such an hour (4:03am), I thought that noone would be around. I was wrong.

(hope thats something.)
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 08-07-2005, 08:50 PM   #5
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

As I stood there with my back to the door, wondering where to go next, I recalled that the voice on the phone had said that my application would be approved in five days and that I would be assisting this mysterious Kukharev in seven weeks. It stands to reason that I would have access to the facility at that point (and probably access to Kukharev as well), making all of this sneaking around unnecessary. Oh well, too late for that now, I thought.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:15 PM   #6
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

My head was full of all this. I had to clear my mind. After all, I have five days left. I was walking to my favorite bar, the Amsterdam, when I saw some strange light coming out of an ally nearby. As courious as I always, I went to check out whats happening. As I entered the alley, a strange flash blinded my for a second. As I regained my eyesight, I saw a glowing man standing before me. He looked just like me, but older.
- Hello! Are you surprised? - he said with a big smile - I can project myself to your time. It takes up a lot of energy so I will be quick.
- Okay. Talk. - I said as I was slowly recovering from the trauma for meeting myself from the future.
- You have to do something before you meet Kukharev...

( I'm so happy this thread is back! Finally I can become myself again! THANKS!!!!! )

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 08-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #7
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

"...Kukharev?" I asked.
"Yes. The name may not ring a bell yet, but soon enough you will be cursing that name."
"Sounds like what I should really do is try to avoid this guy then - huh?"
"That's exactly what you tried to do the last time. That's why it is importaint for me (actually you/us whatever) to do this."
With an overwhelming sensation in my head I menaged not to throw up and asked: "So what do I need to do?"
Just then my future self showed me a hologram of a house.
"In the attic of this house is a diary of an old lady by the name of Jackeerae. She was the only person who knew Kukharev before he became what he is today. Try to find it and maybe you'll be able to use this information to your advantige. Good luck to you!"
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 09-07-2005, 08:43 AM   #8
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Erm, can I enforce a rule? No killing of the main character suddenly and without reason. e.g When I put the phone back on the hook the roof my house fell on top of me and I died.

Umm... I'm not going to write in the story, I'm not good at that stuff.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:01 AM   #9
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Having left the bar at 5:41 in the morning the streets were empty. Narrow and dimly light roads were what faced me on my journey home. Observing my surroundings and seeing nothing I light a *** concealed within my inner jacket pocket. I don't know why I still checked, she was gone there was no need to hide the fact that I smoked. As I sucked on the end of my cigarette a small amount of relief flew through my veins and spread around my body. I moved forward and began to walk home. The night was the same as any other around here, cool dark and mysterious.
CLANK!
I heard something hit the ground. It made a metallic ping as it did so. My neck quickly darted around, as I examined my surroundings fear pounced at me. Only shadows surrounded me, perhaps it was a cat?

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 09-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #10
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Oh why do I bother. I know my curiosity will get the better of me.
I sneak around the corner and not to make any sound, but still it's not long untill I feel a strong grip on my shoulder.
A strong and heavy hand grabbed me: "Were you actually trying to sneak up on someone? Don't you know that cigarette can be seen glowing in the dark and even smelled quite some distance away? Well it's to late to do anything about it now - you're comming with me."
And the man dragged me to the entrence of a house, where his partner has just "fixed" the lock.

I wonder why I'm not screaming my head of yet. Is the sense of danger so strong that I'd rather get hurt just to have some excitement then to do the smart thing? I guess so.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos