Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #11
skillz
Super Freak

Send a message via MSN to skillz

It's a full CD rip nothing is missing everything that was on the CD i upped and handed it to wicky
Wicky removed the cd check for it:thumbs:
And the sound got fixed on the copy of BI2 u had hosted here because of it
Killed 2 birds with one stone

Last edited by skillz; 26-07-2009 at 07:59 PM.
skillz is offline                         Send a private message to skillz
Old 26-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #12
Wicky
the little viking

Don't worry, it's all original.
The fact that it now doesn't check if "mscdex.exe" is present in memory is not a change from the original.
Mscdex was used on old MS-DOS systems as cd-driver. However, Dosbox doesn't use any drivers, it has this feature built in.

Last edited by Wicky; 26-07-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky
Old 28-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #13
Wicky
the little viking

I'm glad to announce that the work's done!

Game, review, screenshots and rating uploaded to FTP under "Wicky"

Quote:

Battle Isle 2 - Titan's Legacy bestows an entire campaign to the critically acclaimed strategy title Battle Isle 2. This expansion set features 16 new missions along with 6 new vehicles and aims to please the hardcore strategists. Additionally there are 10 new multiplayer maps.

After the destruction of Titan-Net, the great strategist Val Haris tried to establish a democratic government on Chromos. But the minister Argok Kraal stages a coup d'etat against him, and as the game begins, Val Haris finds himself accused of high treason, then locked away into a high-security prision. Now you have to escape the prison island you've been banished to, and restore peace and freedom on Chromos again by defeating Kraal as well as his aides, the partisan leaders Mol Durag and General Dengh.

The first thing I've noticed about Titan's Legacy is, that the difficulty level of this expansion starts exactly where the original campaign ended. In short, this mission disc is not for beginners. As reward for the trouble you get to unlock the new units, which do blend very well into the existing ones, from the cheap short-range artillery to the all-powerful intercontinental missile launcher. The programmers did a very good job on introducing new units, that fill the gaps between existing ones, instead of creating better vehicles which make normal ones obsolete.

In terms of sound and graphics not much has changed, meaning that the already low system requirements do not increase any further. However, the AI as usual takes lots of time on huge maps for making it's turn and I recommend to set the CYCLES=MAX in Dosbox.

Conclusion: I can heartily recommend this game to anyone who has played the original.
However, my mother tongue is german so please check the review for grammar. I've seen through it 5 times, but there may still be some mistakes left. Can hardly await to see the game up on site, it's my first time!

Last edited by Wicky; 28-07-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 31-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #14
Wicky
the little viking

I've written another review, as I thought the first one was very bad
Pls tell me what you think about it!

Quote:
Finally we've gotten our hands on Battle Isle 2 - Titan's legacy! This baby is the expansion disc
to the turn-based strategy game Battle 2. An entire new campaign with 16 missions, 7 new vehicles and a whooping 10 multiplayer maps await you, the great strategist. Are you ready for battle?

After the destruction of Titan-Net in the first game, Val Haris tried to establish a democratic government on Chromos. But the minister Argok Kraal stages a coup d'etat against him, and as the game begins, Val Haris finds himself accused of high treason. You are locked away into a high-security prision. Now you have to escape the prison island you've been banished to, and restore peace and freedom on Chromos again by defeating Kraal as well as his aides, the partisan leaders Mol Durag and General Dengh.

This game is almost identical to Battle Isle 2, where the basic concept is to move your army in turn-based missions against humans or the AI. There are land-, air- and sea-based vehicles which benefit greatly from the presence of support units. These provide for example radar support, frequency jamming, repair and ammunition, up to the road-building abilty of pioneers. There are also factories, which allow you to construct new units, and cities which provide energy to power your factories. The landscape is even more detailed than in the first game, where forests provide vital coverage to your infantry and don't allow vehicles to pass, or mountains which form natural choke points.

If you've played the first game, you will have noticed that each mission will become more difficult. The expansion starts exactly where the first game ended, and it is adviced to finish the original campaign before tackling this expansion. In fact, I have been hanging on the fourth mission for a few days and still get defeated utterly. The AI really knows which are your most valuable units, and will for example launch kamikaze attacks against your only repair vehicle now.
In short, even the most hardcore gamers will find this expansion beyond their skills.

Important notice: The ability of artillery units to attack map decoration elements like in the original was removed. This makes it even more difficult as you can't blow a path through natural blockades anymore.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #15
Wicky
the little viking

Hi !

I am eager to discuss this game with fellow abandonians once they got it. How long will it approximately take to be released?
Old 03-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #16
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Have a little patience. In any case the games are uploaded much faster than extras. So I say there's a big chance you'll see the game online this week.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #17
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Can you make the screens using the english version of the game. This is in order to avoid confusion.
Old 20-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #18
Wicky
the little viking

Default Elvira - Mistress of the Dark

http://www.mobygames.com/game/elvira

I'm offering to upload and review Elvira - Mistress of the Dark, an RPG - Action - Adventure from 1990 by Horror Soft, published by Accolade.

[edit] There is already another thread about this, but I didn't see it because I accidentally used the game search instead of the forum search.
Pls delete this topic.

Last edited by Wicky; 20-03-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 20-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #19
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Elvira is still sold, but we can add the game without a Download on site. so yeah you can upload Review and screenshots on FTP.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 20-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #20
Wicky
the little viking

When this game came out in 1990 it featured spell-crafting from raw ingredients, stats, puzzles and even body-slots for equipment.
But you'll see, that was a very different time.
I found out that this rudimentary RPG-system required a flameflower to mix a firewall spell potion, but this flameflower, which exists only once in the entire game, is also needed for the glowing light spell, which is later on needed to retrieve one of the keys to finish the game.

This whole RPG is just one huge mess, oh dear. It will take some time to sort out all the odds and ends.