Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-07-2005, 07:37 AM   #1
Sameeralord
Game freak

Talking

Hi Guys,
I have finally decided to buy a TV card. The main reason I want one is it to get video tapes on to the computer. So what other things can you do with the TV card. Anyone who can post a quick tutorial how to get video tapes on to the computer using a TV card would be really appreciated. I haven't bought the TV card yet but the tutorial would make things lot easier. Also one more thing is TV card the only thing you need or do you need any other gadjets to satisfy my needs.So basically I opened this topic get to know about TV cards. k:
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 26-07-2005, 09:47 AM   #2
Danny252
I have a custom title!

you need a special card for TV? My graphics card does TV...
Old 26-07-2005, 10:20 AM   #3
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

if you want to "capture" video to pc, yes you do.... unless your graphics card is a "all-in-wonder" or something like that.

my capture video card has 3 input interfaces: 1 antena signal, 1 video input and 1 s-video, but it is an old model (i bought that about 5 years ago)

the most important thing will be the capturing software: be aware that 1 minute of high quality video can turn in to a very, very big file (several hundreds of MB), so compression software is recomended. also, you better have a "good pc" because processing video will require much CPU, memory and HD space.

as for software, i can not help you much because i never found any that meet my proposes - but it has been a long time since i searched for it :whistle:

good luck on your "conversions" k:
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 26-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #4
Sameeralord
Game freak

@Shrek

Thanks for the information. I have a fairy good pc(30 GB). Luckily I also have Winddvdcreator which can capture video. So do I have to take my computer to the store and insert the TV card or is it user manageble. Also I like to know that if my graphic card can do the same. If I write my graphic card details would you or anyone can tell it can run video. My graphics card is ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000/9100 IGP. Thanks k:
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 26-07-2005, 10:50 AM   #5
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

If you want to record video material from VCR to your PC then you need a tv-card, The other way around you only need a graphics cards with a tv-out connector, a lot of graphics card have this. But I don't know ant praphics cards that have a TV-in and a tuner function...
Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 26-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #6
Sameeralord
Game freak

So actually where does TV connector go. Does it go to the usb of the computer.
Old 26-07-2005, 10:57 AM   #7
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

from your previous post I understand you using a notebook (you mentioned a ATI mobility chipset), then you would have to buy a tv-card which goed into the PCMCIA slot..
Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 26-07-2005, 11:11 AM   #8
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Or a USB-variant: something like this but there are probably many more and cheaper ones as well...
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 26-07-2005, 01:25 PM   #9
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

If you get a USB card make sure you check reviews of it online or on magazines. Also make sure it connects to your PC with a USB2 and not USB, or else you will find out for yourself the limitations of USB.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 26-07-2005, 05:14 PM   #10
vipin
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to vipin

Sameeralord, if you are interested in watching a TV online there;s two 1.4 MB programs(both commercial). If interested tell me, I will give here the website link. :bleh: