Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-08-2010, 07:08 AM   #1
Thomme
Abandonia nerd

Default B-17 Flying Fortress 2: The Mighty 8th

I can't quite figure out where this belongs, as it isn't quite a request and it isn't a discussion about a game on abandonia, but... I know Microprose went under as a game company some time ago, are their games ESA protected still? I've had a hankering to play The Mighty Eighth (their follow up to B-17 from 1993) and if I recall correctly the game came out in 1999 or 2000, and I don't know if Microprose was part of the ESA family, but I doubt the game would be available on here what-so-ever.

But, is there a means to get this game anymore? I've not found anything but reviews from a ton of websites and mucho kudos from simulation news groups.

The 17's long been the apple of my eye when it comes to aircraft and this game sadly flew under (no pun intended) my radar ten years ago, and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

So, my question isn't so much about "how to get it for free" but the standing of the company and any means to get the game (other than the $80 Amazon price and Ebay) right now.

Edit: digging a couple pages into google I found this: http://www.atari.com/games/b-17_flying_fort/pc-download

Question answered itself after more thorough digging. How it was so sunken on google is beyond me. But, thanks for any advice I would have gottens.

Sorry to give you headaches, mods, this is a waste of space!

Last edited by Thomme; 18-08-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Thomme is offline                         Send a private message to Thomme