Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner > PDA and Smartphone Section
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-11-2005, 11:50 PM   #1
dmacdonald95
Forum hobbit

Crikey! It's risin' from the dead! Just kidding. Anyway, I just bought my 3rd Palm PDA, and am considering buying a Windows Media PPC. Anybody used one? Thoughts?

(Yes, this is my attempt at reviving the forum. Please don't hurt me :angel: )
dmacdonald95 is offline                         Send a private message to dmacdonald95
Old 11-11-2005, 12:32 AM   #2
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

honestly, get a mac mini for just as much, its 10x more powerful/better. Just kidding, I love PPCs though, they have the feel of windows, and are powerful enough to do things like surf the web, and play games like Monkey Island! (With the help of ScummVM PCC) or Doom. I myself have a Compaq Ipaq
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 11-11-2005, 01:25 AM   #3
dmacdonald95
Forum hobbit

That's the one thing that's turned me off off Palm. There's not very much "Power in your Palm" vs. the "PC in your Pocket". You can do a whole lot more on a PPC then you can on a Palm, even if the interface sucks and there is no real Task closer/switcher...

Oh, and you CAN play [albeit a very buggy version] of Palm on your 320x320 display. http://yoyofr92.free.fr/ hosts ZDoom, ZQuake, and...ZSomethingElseICan'tRemember..oh yeah, ZHexen
dmacdonald95 is offline                         Send a private message to dmacdonald95