Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #101
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Because Lion King was published by Westwood, whereas this was published by Disney Software.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #102
Peyroteo

I´ve play it only once in the mid 90´s I think, and didn´t liked much, I guess that isn´t my type of game.
Peyroteo is offline                         Send a private message to Peyroteo
Old 26-02-2016, 08:05 PM   #103
Gordon228

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Correcting myself: the AMF files in the game directory can be played with WinAmp (with the right plugins). Level.AMF contains the music from all levels as one continuous track.
you are incorrect the only reason there is only 2 music rips is there is only 2 amf files as the level one is the arab rock and the other one is the menu music. but the .jam files could be music but i am not positive tho it dose have names liked to events that can happen in the game. also too winamp crashes with the files.

Edit: Correcting my self as the VLC player corrected me and winamp suck for playing thos files even tho winamp can play tho files it dose a pore job.

Edit 2: sorry if necro posting is frowned apun but https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocmt474k8o...evel.flac?dl=0 if some one can slpit the file in to the various songs that would be lovely.

Last edited by Gordon228; 26-02-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Gordon228 is offline                         Send a private message to Gordon228
Old 15-07-2016, 11:22 AM   #104
wtf 16
Lurker

Wow, good to remember, game of my youth, great memories !
wtf 16 is offline                         Send a private message to wtf 16
Old 17-07-2017, 02:48 AM   #105
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Angry

The game Aladdin was pretty cool, nice at the time. It had qualities to make a game very attractive as the background musics, the challenges, the theme of the animated film, etc.

But there was an error, or rather an unforgivable feature: there were no save point or passwords to skip chapters like the games Gods, Another World, Flashback, etc.

If you were to die, you’d have to start over from the beginning of the game! It may not be scary, but it is quite annoying and unbelievable. Imagine you as Aladdin flying with the magic carpet and need to attack and deflect?

There is no entertainment in that. Just for masochist... I would only give 2 because the Producer of the game has not released a patch to correct this “genius trait”.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 18-07-2017, 12:37 AM   #106
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
The game Aladdin was pretty cool, nice at the time. It had qualities to make a game very attractive as the background musics, the challenges, the theme of the animated film, etc.

But there was an error, or rather an unforgivable feature: there were no save point or passwords to skip chapters like the games Gods, Another World, Flashback, etc.

If you were to die, you’d have to start over from the beginning of the game! It may not be scary, but it is quite annoying and unbelievable. Imagine you as Aladdin flying with the magic carpet and need to attack and deflect?

There is no entertainment in that. Just for masochist... I would only give 2 because the Producer of the game has not released a patch to correct this “genius trait”.
Actually the save or password would make it too easy since it's a rather short game. If you don't rush it you can finish 50% in first sitting ever. Then in few more sittings after you get to know those later levels you'll get to final boss in not time. The final boss is pretty tough. Especially if you don't defeat it in first try when you have a lot of apples for throwing (when you loose life you're down to like 10 apples and that is not enough for final boss). But it's manageable, I've done it last year, Genesis version via Gens emulator (without save function).

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 18-07-2017, 01:34 AM   #107
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranjoHello View Post
Actually the save or password would make it too easy since it's a rather short game. If you don't rush it you can finish 50% in first sitting ever. Then in few more sittings after you get to know those later levels you'll get to final boss in not time. The final boss is pretty tough. Especially if you don't defeat it in first try when you have a lot of apples for throwing (when you loose life you're down to like 10 apples and that is not enough for final boss). But it's manageable, I've done it last year, Genesis version via Gens emulator (without save function).
Really? Thank you for the information. I had pretty much forgotten the details since I have not played this game for years.

But you agree that it does not justify Disney omitting this feature, because for those more nervous and anxious, this game could be a real nightmare.

In my opinion, what saves this game from being forgotten is the Background Music; and magic and fantastic universe of Aladdin.

Bye-Bye! Branjo-Hello.
Old 18-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #108
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Actually, it have "retry" system, and it's quite generous... I believe, I beaten this game from 5th attempt or so.
Old 19-07-2017, 01:08 AM   #109
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Actually, it have "retry" system, and it's quite generous... I believe, I beaten this game from 5th attempt or so.
Are you sure it is a “retry” system? I thought it was a sadistic system... Disney Entertainment was “entertaining” itself in making the players miserable. As I said earlier, the only things that save this game are the graphics and BGM. Because the gameplay is zero score. It is very frustrating because I am not a masochist.

By the way, new PS4 require you to try several times (try more than 10 times) until you can move on. I am in the line of thinking that what entertains me is not the difficulties and challenges, but the pleasure of playing, the story, the scenarios, etc. The current PS4 games look more like action movie scenes... It is very frustrating because I am not a masochist.

Last edited by Mystvan; 19-07-2017 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 06:02 PM   #110
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

There are at least 02 Aladdin Soundtrack Albums available on Spotify... I would not know if they would also be available in alternative services such as Deezer and Napster.

However, by analyzing the rating given by the number of users to the respective Apps and also the total download amount of the respective Apps on Google Play, leaves no doubt about the popularity and “superiority” of Spotify compared to its competitors.

I just wish there was also the Instrumental version of Aladdin Soundtrack. Unfortunately, there are only the Vocal (Voice) versions.

There is also Soundtrack from other Aladdin mpvie , but unfortunately the quality of the songs are not on the same level as the OST quality of the first movie. That would just be my personal opinion.