Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 03:28 PM.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 04-09-2006, 03:33 PM   #2
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

As a younger person I was a bit scared of these games, quite funny when you consider the horrors in modern console games! but the monsters etc did seem to come out of nowhere. I used to have the boxed set of the original 3 Alone in the dark games which game in a glow in the dark slip case box but sold it like the idiot I am when I sold my first PC, luckily I got another one (still sealed) on EBAY about a year ago. A word of warning to you young folks, one thing Ive always regretted is getting rid of my old systems and especially games, it usually happens when you need money for a newer system/latest console, you get bugger all for them, especially in part exchange so take my advice and stick them in the loft, you wont regret it. Im sure many folks who come to this site are of the same opinion.....

Anyway, another classic game for the ABANDONIA library, great fun as well.....
paulypoos is offline                         Send a private message to paulypoos
Old 04-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
DDTY

First Post,

Hum... im gonna download it, when i played a little i will edit this post...

Edit: Not bad, its very hard, but its cool
DDTY is offline                         Send a private message to DDTY
Old 04-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #4
Dino
Call me Edmund

Great sequel to a great game, true classic! Very valuable addition! k:
Old 04-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #5
Dave

How can I get past the protection? Running the aitd2crk file didn't help me, what should I do?

Old 04-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #6
Lonewolf1044

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolf1044

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulypoos @ Sep 4 2006, 03:33 PM) [snapback]252726[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
As a younger person I was a bit scared of these games, quite funny when you consider the horrors in modern console games! but the monsters etc did seem to come out of nowhere. I used to have the boxed set of the original 3 Alone in the dark games which game in a glow in the dark slip case box but sold it like the idiot I am when I sold my first PC, luckily I got another one (still sealed) on EBAY about a year ago. A word of warning to you young folks, one thing Ive always regretted is getting rid of my old systems and especially games, it usually happens when you need money for a newer system/latest console, you get bugger all for them, especially in part exchange so take my advice and stick them in the loft, you wont regret it. Im sure many folks who come to this site are of the same opinion.....

Anyway, another classic game for the ABANDONIA library, great fun as well.....
[/b]
Yeah you right about that. I wish i had kept one so that I can run it in native dos. I do however still have all the DOS disks from 5.0 to 6.2. and windows 3.0 to 3.11.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #7

I agree with about keeping the systems, I have 2, 286's, 1 386, and 4 386 and am keeping all of them and not selling for ANY Reason.

Thank You

Old 04-09-2006, 06:57 PM   #8
Adamg
That one guy.

Yeah, no doubt. I'd go so far as to keep all of my games. I used to keep all of the boxes when I was a kid, but I had bags and bags of them! I actually ended up burning them. :/ I kept the games, but they were on floppy disks and most of them degraded too much to be usable.

As for Alone In The Dark 2, I never got to play it much. I found it somewhere else online a year ago and played it a little. I think the reason I gave up was because the controls were horrible and it was rather cheesy. Back then though, you didn't complain about these things. Everybody was just used to stuff like that.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:36 PM   #9
raulfv

i used to love this game!!!! Poor Striker getting killed in the Intro. Get the CD Version for better sound and music. I never tried the PS1 version tough. Check also for Free in the dark.

Old 04-09-2006, 08:15 PM   #10

I loved AITD1, but I didn't like AITD2. Much more action oriented than the 1st episode, poor gameplay (targeting was pretty hard), less inspired game. I also prefered the lovecraftian influence of the first game. i didn't play AITD2 that much however, so maybe I missed something.

Quote:
A word of warning to you young folks, one thing Ive always regretted is getting rid of my old systems and especially games, it usually happens when you need money for a newer system/latest console, you get bugger all for them, especially in part exchange so take my advice and stick them in the loft, you wont regret it. Im sure many folks who come to this site are of the same opinion.....[/b]
Yes, you're right... I still miss my Supergraph'X.... sob :'(