Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-02-2006, 04:05 PM   #11
ghostdog688

this was an awsome game of it's time, and I think the next simulations that does it should simply update the graphics/physics engine. there are too many 'sequels' or remakes that could never do this game full and complete justice.
I'm finding trouble getting the *real* manual (not the supplement that's taken from the underdogs). The only site that seems to claim it has it (bombs away.net) is down at the moment and has been for ages. any other ideas where i could get a copy of it?

Old 08-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #12
thebes
Game freak

It was neat the way you could chose your nose art. Had it on Amiga(miss my Amiga sniff ) But it did seem too hard to make it back to me. I finally did figure off the take off trick. I prefered the B-17's in Secert Weapons of the Luffwaffe. Now that was a really neato game! k:
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
thebes is offline                         Send a private message to thebes
Old 21-11-2006, 11:55 PM   #13
Kherion

I play with this game many Years Ago. This is the most realistic simulation I ever played. If you don't known: ther is a new B-17 simulation (based on this jewel): B-17 Flying Fortress - The Mighty Eigth. If you love this one, try the new version too!!! AWESOME!!! (You need a joystick for the older and the new game too, if you want more realism.) k:
(sry my english...)

Old 28-11-2006, 12:58 AM   #14
Doody

I have a problem with the download...

No sound at all and the game's running very fats !

Do I have to get a dosbox ? The game is said to be running on Win XP...

Thnx for ur help !

Old 28-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #15
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Even if the compatibility info says the game works on Win XP, that does not mean it will work without problems.

In DosBox you can easily regulate the games' speed, so I advise you to download and install it without delay.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-12-2006, 03:03 AM   #16
Hoose Bin Pharteen
Cool

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 11 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]206077[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
A great game, love it

But sometimes it seems utterly impossible to get the plane home (or at least to the british isles). Once the engines start losing oil, the only option to survive is to switch them off or else they catch fire. (or has anybody another solution for the leaking-oil -problem?) although fires can be put out very easily by a) fire extinguisher (ALT + <1 - 4>) or by B) nose-diving at a speed greater than 350 mph but anyway my plane gets shot up almost every time before i get back to the british isles.

Can anybody give any more tips to get the plane home in (more or less) one piece?
[/b]
God, I loved this game! It was my favorite for years!

Let's see if I remember: I think when your engine springs an oil leak, you need to throttle it down a bit. I think when I sprung a leak, I'd take the leaky engine down to 50%. If you relinquish the controls to the AI, he foolishly throttles it back up again and you end up with an engine fire. Like someone else said here, I really enjoyed playing all the different roles, but if I had severe engine trouble, I stayed in the pilot's role till we landed. By the time I stopped playing this game, I almost always made it home. More than half the time I went ahead and landed as well (often a belly landing, but a landing anyway).

I still remember times when I'd lose two engines, have to break off formation and pick a target of opportunity just to get rid of my bombs, then plot a course back to Alconbury Field and make sure to avoid enemy fighter fields on the way. This game was a blast! :brain:

Old 19-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #17
Joshua

It is intrested to see that there is an second version, wich is full 3d, and released in... uhm... 1999 ???... I have played that version, and it was fun.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:09 AM   #18
marinekilz

what the hell. I have downloaded this games years ago and want it again and it has a no go on the download button. Anyone can help me download it or what is going on with the game.
marinekilz is offline                         Send a private message to marinekilz
Old 02-10-2008, 06:53 AM   #19
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

If the game is protected we cannot provide you with links, sorry. Our policy with ESA is that we don't post protected games, and they don't shut us down. QED.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 02-10-2008, 06:56 AM   #20
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Actually, this game is freeware, so you might find it on some other website. We just arent allowed to host it because ESA is so picky.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen