Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #901
AnbuxD
Default X-Com

Hello
I have a question!
I have taken X-Com last year!
But I have a new Pc and, unfortunately, is my mirrow broke down the conversion!
And now I want to know where I can download X-Com Apokalipse!?

Old 28-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #902
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuxD View Post
Hello
I have a question!
I have taken X-Com last year!
But I have a new Pc and, unfortunately, is my mirrow broke down the conversion!
And now I want to know where I can download X-Com Apokalipse!?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/7660/
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 30-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #903
passerby

I do remember that game... Spending every week giving 40K to trans because the alien portals were right next to the spaceport, and they got a stray shot that grazed an antena... until 3 week when I have a base with 20 bio and 20 chemists, and another with 20 engineers...at which point I stoped raiding the cultists and started going after trans... God I felt good after that...
The wierdest part was, half of the organisations then became hostile, and the other half became ally!!! not sure why...
Also, my endgame fav tactic, in realtime mode, mind you, was teleport + 2swords.... no shields, no other weapons, just, 2 blades then fill every other space with teleporters... even megaspawns became easy to kill like that

Old 18-09-2009, 12:45 AM   #904
lookigotanewusername

I use DOSBox .73 I have an ISO CD of the game, I mount it installs fine, starts with the into just fine, but after the into (wether i let it run its course or skip it) it cuts back to the command prompt then DOSBox crashes. Any suggestions? ive looked through some sites but no solution to this problem, and I dont know where else to turn, can someone please help?

Old 18-09-2009, 07:19 AM   #905
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try with 0.72 first.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-09-2009, 01:50 AM   #906
Torquemada10
Forum hobbit

I've played Ufo:Enemy unknown and Terror from the deep, but this game is in my opinion the must fun.
You must give it time to sink in to enjoy it. What makes it so fun is ability to buy all kinds of vehicles and fit it with just about anything, research better ships and better weapons, engines, shields and so forth.
You might find it best to have one or two slow hard hitting ships in the rear to take down the big alien ships while your smaller faster moving ships swarm the alien ship.
Shooting down alien ships takes much more tactic than it did in the former games. During your first encounters the police might be a valueable ally but after awhile their weak machine guns start to do minimized damage.

There's also diplomacy in the game, you donīt want to screw the transport company or else you must manually move your stuff between bases. Other companies can declare war on you either by grudge or because of alien influence, so you arenīt only fighting aliens here.

There is one noticeable nuisance in the game however, the really annoying brainsuckers. In tactical combat your biggest concern should always be those tiny balls of terror, if you see one of those suckers shoot it, explode it, flame it, gas it, nuke it what ever, donīt let it get close to you as it takes over one of your guys with 95% certainty (on superhuman difficulty). As the name suggests the brainsuckers sucks the brain of your guy, so it's worse than mindcontrol.

In short: The ability to further customize your ships and vehicles and the more in-depth air battles really puts this game above it's predecessors.
Torquemada10 is offline                         Send a private message to Torquemada10
Old 25-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #907
Guestfromouterspace
Default :No space on map: bug

Has anyone ever got this kind of bug ?:

1) Going into ground combat after shooting down alien ship (That fast flying, attacker ship, i guess it was 4th ship that appears)
2) everything loads up ok, i choose real-time or tactical, then the map loads.
3) When map is loaded, gray window pops in middle of screen saying that there is not enough space on map for soldiers (even if i have only one soldier).
4) after that, game runs endlessly...turn-based fights are neverending alien turns.
P.S.) turn-based tactical fights in that 1st transport ship (that purple one, 3rd ship) very often 'hangs up' at the point where aliens have nearly finished their move...so i 'fix' that by playing in real time ( i dislike real time very much :[ ).

I got my Xcom Apoc a long time ago, it was on a collection of strategy games, the standart installation from the cd is very weird, it installs, but you can see that extractor 'skips' all files, and in the directory later you cant see any gamefiles, but there is uninstall in control panel -> add remove. So i usually just manually extract files from archive. Maybe my installation files are corrupted ? But i remember playing this same game from this same CD, years ago, and everything went fine till the end of game.

I'll check up on answers, thanks for reading , couldnt find anything on google.

Old 25-09-2009, 06:14 AM   #908
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Sounds like a corrupted copy.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #909
Guestfromouterspace

I remember playing the same version, but i guess it was the holy win98, and then the installation went fine. *sigh* game hangs up not only in that alien ship fight...i have a feeling that some alien type gets stuck somewhere and thus cant finish its move, so it could trigger the end of alien turn. :[
btw, I'm using DosBox0.73

thx for reply.

Old 21-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #910
sprsoldier
Lurker

Thumbs up Awesome

This is certainly a 5 in my book. I prefer the turn based tactical combat also because i have such large and high leveled groups of agents, i need to be able to give each one careful instructions. This is especially true when facing poppers and brainsuckers.
sprsoldier is offline                         Send a private message to sprsoldier