Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #81
Torquemada10
Forum hobbit

Im not sure if link to the game musics have been posted, but you can download two music files from http://www.marisalenhardt.com/listen.html
I simply played these two on repeat in my media player while playing FG in dosbox.
Torquemada10 is offline                         Send a private message to Torquemada10
Old 08-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #82
horrorist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torquemada @ Feb 1 2007, 12:03 AM) [snapback]277362[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Im not sure if link to the game musics have been posted, but you can download two music files from http://www.marisalenhardt.com/listen.html
I simply played these two on repeat in my media player while playing FG in dosbox.
[/b]
Thats really interesting... k:

This soprano "Marisa Lenhardt" seems to be a talented and sophisticated singer. I read in her biography that she debued as "The Queen of Night" from W.A. Mozarts "Magic Flute"; this is a pretty difficult part for a vocalist, cause Mozart made it that way.
Unfortunately she (as the other vocalists) has an awfull accent, so it's even hard to figure out which language they are singing.

This track "Quantus tremor est futurus" is taken from a mediveal poem, which is included into the catholic luturgie. A lot of composers used these lyrics for vocal works. Unfortunately the original composers are not credited. This track seems to be a modern work.
The other track "Victime" is also sung in latin or maybe mediveal french. So far, i did not find further information.
Well still a few "maybes"
horrorist is offline                         Send a private message to horrorist
Old 02-04-2007, 11:23 PM   #83
doncharle
Lurker

I'm about to shoot myself. I ran DOS box but the game just won't load/install. So in DOS i type install in the appropriate dir. and I get this message "unable to open Help.txt" why is it doing this!!? I need to play this game now...PLEASE HELP!
doncharle is offline                         Send a private message to doncharle
Old 06-04-2007, 04:25 PM   #84
Guest_Tom_*

Hi there, I hope someone can help me out. I`ve stubled across a pack of old game cds and one of them was FG. So I decided to give it a shot and installed dosbox. It runs quite nicely (without sound however) until the end of the first continent. After the screen with the Hero (and a speech if I recall correctly) he game hangs up and crashes as soon as the Worldmap apears.

Any ideas?

I am runnung WinXP SP2 with 2 gb ram, so there should be no problem with the system requirements for dosbox.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:27 PM   #85
Guest_Tom_*

Oh, i forgot:

My copy is scrathced to death so the Version I am currently running is the one from Abandonia.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:30 AM   #86
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Without knowing what you have exactly done we cannot help you.

Please post a more detailed description of your problem including any and all error messages you encountered.

Also describe where exactly did you unpack the games and what commands have you entered in DosBox (exact syntax, please; it's important).

If you have made any modifications to your DosBox.conf, please post a copy of its contents.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #87

Hi
I have the exact same problem when I`m running the game. I´ve downloaded the game from abandonia to the desktop and then extracted it in to the CDrive in Dosbox as suggested in the help section on this site. All that I have done to Dosbox is making it open up i C: as the help section also said.

I need help, It was my favourite game when I was little

Old 11-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #88

In Dosbox I just wrote fg, and i have tried barena.exe too. When I wrote barena.exe the game crashed completely and dissapeared and when I wrote fg it just froze when the map of the planet came.

Please help.

Peder

Old 11-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #89
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

And I presume all of you _did_ run the game's setup and configure it correctly?
If not, then do it.

In case you don't know what the settings should be, the default sound emulation for DosBox and VDMSound is Sound Blaster 16, IRQ 7, DMA 1, Adress 220 h.

See if the game still crashes after the sound has been reconfigured.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-04-2007, 01:26 AM   #90

Quote:
In Dosbox I just wrote fg, and i have tried barena.exe too. When I wrote barena.exe the game crashed completely and dissapeared and when I wrote fg it just froze when the map of the planet came.[/b]