Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-02-2005, 11:20 PM   #11
Harleqwyn

I've never got into this version. The fencing sucks. The ship and land combat is hard to control. The only thing good about it is the enhanced graphics. Despite the dated feel and the numerous bugs the original is still a million times more fun to play. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Old 12-02-2005, 03:53 PM   #12
Major Mayhem
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Harleqwyn@Feb 7 2005, 12:20 AM
I've never got into this version. The fencing sucks. The ship and land combat is hard to control. The only thing good about it is the enhanced graphics. Despite the dated feel and the numerous bugs the original is still a million times more fun to play. Am I the only one who feels this way?
If you're talking about the Windows version then I agree.

The sword fighting in the DOS version is much smoother and easier to control and you don't get any troubles with ship or land combat
Major Mayhem is offline                         Send a private message to Major Mayhem
Old 16-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #13
ZinZig

I had the original Pirates! for the apple IIgs way back in the day. Loved the game and was pleased to stumble across this site and see a few of my favorites here along with Pirates! Gold. I'm running the game fine, but have not been able to figure out how to save the game!! I looked at the manual, but it just mentions a save screen...so where do you go to save? or which button do I push? help!

Zinzig

Old 16-02-2005, 08:56 PM   #14
Calamity
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by ZinZig@Feb 16 2005, 04:44 PM
I had the original Pirates! for the apple IIgs way back in the day. Loved the game and was pleased to stumble across this site and see a few of my favorites here along with Pirates! Gold. I'm running the game fine, but have not been able to figure out how to save the game!! I looked at the manual, but it just mentions a save screen...so where do you go to save? or which button do I push? help!

Zinzig
When you are inside a town press the spacebar and go over to the dresser for the save game option.
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity
Old 20-02-2005, 09:29 AM   #15
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Yech! This game is horrible. I loved the original Pirates! game(Both computer EGA and Commodore version), but this has a lots of horrible graphs.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 06-03-2005, 02:12 PM   #16
Mr.X

Argh!Set sail on spanish main i like this bucanering beating spanish war galleons trading pirating smugling this game is EXCELENT!!! U beat the fort defeat cities and give the town to some nation it is fun to be a pirate in this game It is perfect u can do everything helping guvernor or marry his daughter destroying ships and the fresh smell of gunpowder . I ve had a Pirates Gold! ffrom else site but it has been strange every minute have it quited and i must restart my computer.But from Abandonia it goes normal Abandonia is Very Good Forum k: k: Thx Abandonia it is good game i played it on Comdore 64 Emulator thats the first time iv meet pirates its Excelent game and this forum k: .

Old 31-03-2005, 07:58 AM   #17
Gejmer Božo

Try getting sea legends. It's a a pirates-like game but much improved. Maybe those chief guys from abandonia could try putting it here
Gejmer Božo is offline                         Send a private message to Gejmer Božo
Old 11-05-2005, 05:08 PM   #18
vicious

Hey guys, thanks for this great game!

I seem to have a problem though. Everytime a get a mission from a governor I go to the town he asked but I don't seem to find his cousin, spy or whatever... Then I return and he is just disapointed at me! :not_ok:

Can anyone help me on that? Thanks...
vicious is offline                         Send a private message to vicious
Old 14-05-2005, 04:19 PM   #19

How do you change the sails? (ie- go from full sail to half sail, and go from battle sail to full sail)

Old 15-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #20
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by vicious@May 11 2005, 05:08 PM
Hey guys, thanks for this great game!

I seem to have a problem though. Everytime a get a mission from a governor I go to the town he asked but I don't seem to find his cousin, spy or whatever... Then I return and he is just disapointed at me! :not_ok:

Can anyone help me on that? Thanks...
I haven't played the game in a while, but if I remember correctly you need to enter the tavern in order to find the person you're looking for.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles