Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-09-2006, 01:22 PM   #31
PJ
Thumbs up

This is a fun game. I have had a problem with the zipped version though: I have been unable to save games. Whenever I try to, I get "error- write protected disk". Has anybody else had the same problem and is there anything that can be done about it?

Old 04-09-2006, 11:15 AM   #32
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Are you using DosBox to run the game?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #33
Juan Pablo

I can run the game normally in colour, but it takes ages for the computer to respond with laying and removing tracks. Why is this? Anyone else with the same problem?

Old 21-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #34
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Use DosBox to solve that problem.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-03-2007, 05:56 AM   #35
dsma_bell

I'm looking for a strategy guide to this great game. Can anybody help me out?

Old 26-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #36
Luis Gimenez

I have problem to try to install A Train Construction Set any idea?

Old 26-04-2007, 02:39 PM   #37
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

I have problem to try to install my new TV any idea?

(a bit of description maybe?)
Old 26-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #38
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Your problem description is insufficient for us to provide a proper answer.

Please answer the following questions:
1. What operating system do you have?
2. Did you try using VDMSound or DosBox to run the game?
3. What exact steps did you follow when trying to install the game?

-- Reed Richards
Old 30-06-2007, 05:34 AM   #39

As someone who has played this game since it came out, I never tire of constantly designing better cities in this game. I will however state that I obviously never had a guide to work by when playing this game originally. You make tonnes of mistakes start again, and try again, but one day something clicks and you can finally work out how to play the game.

I don't believe I've hit the best outcome in this game, or ever will, but each time it gets better.

There are certain ways to kick start the economy, why at the start you can clear land, or you can do what I do and spam apartments. Either way, my current best is 140k population in 2 years and a bullet train. Yes, it is possible. It's the title screen which gave me the inspiration for it. Basically I won't play anything other then scenario 1, it is however the easiest.

Best way to make money is to place stadiums and amusement parks, and then sell them in a couple of months time for 3 - 5 times the price.

But, I shouldn't give away too much, that is why this game is so good, because it's a complex puzzle waiting to be solved, and if I told you everything, then it would no longer be fun. This game is well and truely worth the purchase price, it's such a pity that the learning curve is so hard and people don't have the patience for it, this is definitely in my oppinion better then any simcity product ever made. It's up there on my list next to settlers 2. Smart games are such a niche these days, it's a pity that recent versions of atrain don't get converted to english, this game deserves way more respect.

Old 31-07-2007, 03:24 PM   #40
guest13

Hi, I played it and then want to save but it wasnt possible. (write protection or something like that)

Does anyone know how to handle this??