Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-11-2005, 05:32 PM   #21
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

This thread is for talking about the game. If you hae a problem with the review then start a thread in the "Site Comments/Suggestions" forum. Post in this thread about the game itself, or not at all.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 18-11-2005, 07:17 PM   #22
JimDandy

Interesting tidbits:
The Commodore 64 version looks much nicer and has sound effects.
I've heard tale that Shogun supposedly has some slight relationship to James Clavell's Shogun novel, as there is a playable character named Blackthorne, who I believe is the main character of the novel.
Certain characters are easier to win with than others. Lords and ladies start the game with followers and good recruiting skill, but stink at combat. Samurai are good fighters with decent recruiting skills. Bandits are despised by most and are harder to play. Peasants are generally only valuable as followers.
Or so methinks. I've played it a bit and this seems to be true. I read the manual once a long time ago. Can't be 100% certain.
So how do you become Shogun? I know that gathering followers and eliminating the competition are part of it, even so I can't figure out how to become Shogun.
Anyway, play the C64 version! Awesome!
JimDandy is offline                         Send a private message to JimDandy
Old 23-12-2005, 08:09 PM   #23

I only play with the Amstrad CPC 6128 version (with Caprice32 emulator), and graphisms are really better than PC version.

For a screenshot : http://cpczone.emuunlim.com/media/sc...s/shogun-6.png
(Google Powaa : "Shogun Amstrad")

It exists some differences between the two versions (can't play bandits or priests, the world is slighty different too, and names of certain caracters too).
But the game is easier too, nevertheless, I need some help : because when I reach 20 followers, I can enter in the Shogun Palace but I don't know what I am supposed to do after to become Shogun !!
Anyone have played Shogun on Amstrad ? Anyone can help me ??

Thanks a lot !

Old 05-09-2006, 06:46 PM   #24

i used to play this game on a commodore 128/64. it was a pretty cool game back then i even had it on
5 1/4 floppy for dos as well. in its time it was a rather complex game.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #25
Mousazz
Game freak

Thumbs down

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Nov 12 2005, 10:57 PM) [snapback]179345[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
When I wrote the review, I was about 3/4 finished with the game.
Believe it or not, I'd been playing the game for a month before-hand, it's incredibly difficult but it pays off.
[/b]
really? do you know how to attack and kill? i press attack and they kill me no matter what! i need your help, blood-piggy!
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz
Old 13-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #26
Scott-
Default Manual

Anyone have the manual for this game? Just curious. If so, can you let me know?
[BEEEP]

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 13-11-2009 at 02:08 PM.

Old 13-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #27
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Please don't post your email in the forums, we like to keep you safe and spam free

You can communicate with other members via the pm system.
Old 13-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #28
Scott-
Default Grrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane View Post
Please don't post your email in the forums, we like to keep you safe and spam free

Given that no one has updated this entry in 2 years, it may be some time before someone else looks at this. Shogun isn't the most popular game after all. And I probably won't keep checking back on here to see. The email I gave is my junk box, just so people can send me spam and whatever they want to...I rarely check that anyway.

Appreciate the concern, but doesn't really help me out. Oh well.

Old 13-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #29
Scott-
Default Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane View Post

You didn't really remove the email anyway...it just shows "*removed*"...but the link still shows my email address. No problem for me, but figured I'd point it out in case that is not the intention of your forum for blocking emails.

Old 13-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #30
Scott-
Default I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDandy View Post
Interesting tidbits:

So how do you become Shogun? I know that gathering followers and eliminating the competition are part of it, even so I can't figure out how to become Shogun.
Anyway, play the C64 version! Awesome!
----I'm not 100% sure...its been over 20 years since I last played this....but I believe to become Shogun you need the right amount of followers (40 some?), and you also need the sword (I think there is only one) and there were one or two other objects you had to have in your possession. Prayer book or flower or something like that? I remember one of the objects was often found in one of the rooms in the secret tunnel area that was only accessible if you had one of the other objects.

I know, may not be a lot of help since I can't be more specific....20 years will do that to you. I'll try to play it some soon and see if that jogs my memory on the objects. That's one of the main reasons I asked if anyone had the manual.