Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-08-2005, 06:59 PM   #101
Nornin

Quote:
Originally posted by HELLCHILD@Mar 20 2005, 06:42 PM
NOW I PLAY MORROWIND TS3(STRONG BIG NORD WITH LOOOOTS OF HEALTH POINTS) MAGIG IS GOOD BUT BIG HAMMER OR AXE AND A BOW IS BETTER.BY RPG GAMES I ALWAYS TAKE THE FIGHTER CHARAKTERS, STRONG TO DO DAMAGE FAST AND TO TAKE HITPOINTS,MAGIC IS GOOD ONLY FROM DISTANCE.BETTER TO BE STRONG AND STUPID BUT ALIVE, THAN SMART,WEAK AND DEAD. ANYWAY I WILL TRAY ARENA JUST TO SEE HOW IT STARTED ! :Titan:
Well in morrowind my mage could probobly beat your fighter, wait did you say your fighter was nord? eeek!!! got to make a new spell that uses fire not frost.

Mages in morrowind are powerfull if you make it right from the begining.

By the way, iratefive, I got the same problem, you got it fixed? If yes tell me how, if no then... CAN SOMEONE HELP ME AND iratefive????

If you got a solotion then, plz tell on forum.
Nornin is offline                         Send a private message to Nornin
Old 18-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #102
Antichrist

Well it seems that you must mount c to the directory right BEFORE arena to avoid black screen lockup. eg. I have it under d:\games\arena and i write
mount c d:\games

c:
cd arena
arena

and it works but when i mount c d:\games\arena I get black screen lockup. It doesn't have anything to do with sound though, to get sound to work it seems you need to change/use arena.bat (not a.exe) and i don't know if install configuration has anything to do with it, no matter the choice I didn't get the sound using only a.exe, only with arena.bat (which has sound configs inside if you look at it).

I hope that helps you.
Antichrist is offline                         Send a private message to Antichrist
Old 04-11-2005, 11:04 AM   #103
Morrris

I want to say thanks a lot for uploading this, Morrowind has just recently started to get boring to me. Maybe it's my appreciation for older games, but I just simply love this. I'm going to try and find Daggerfall on eBay this afternoon, if it is all that everyone says, it might become my favorite RPG of alltime (ToME aside, of course). For some reason I don't find this nearly as hard as some people are, I managed out of the dungeon on my second try. \
Started out on Morrowind (let's face it, dunmer/drow pwn) with a spellsword, and so far he's been working out pretty well. Always been a fan of spellswords, get the best of both worlds and they're a more light-hearted to play than battle mages.

As for the the blank screen business, I had the same problem as well. For me, I needed to set DOSBox's soundblaster settings to match what I set in the game's install exe. If you follow Bethesda's "how-to" guide step for step, you shouldn't encounter any problems.

Old 04-11-2005, 03:54 PM   #104
$Temp

FWIW, Arena runs *great* with VDMsound + mousctl. Just create a VDMSound shortcut to a DOS batch (.BAT) file that looks a bit like this:
Code:
@echo off
mousectl 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
call arena.bat
mousectl /u

Old 19-11-2005, 06:05 PM   #105
Dziqu

I've got DosBox and I can't play because it "jumps"

Old 21-11-2005, 05:57 AM   #106
Blank_box
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Dziqu@Nov 19 2005, 07:05 PM
I've got DosBox and I can't play because it "jumps"
What do you mean that "jumps"?
Blank_box is offline                         Send a private message to Blank_box
Old 21-11-2005, 05:32 PM   #107
Marquis Celt Dragon
Forum hobbit

Hey im in the first floor of the caverns for the map of elden groves. There is a door with a golden lock that leads to the upper floor where the heart of the spider queen is at. I need to know how to unlock this without the skeleton's key. The first time i did this i used it as i already had it. This time tho i dont and i dont want to put all my special items up (necromancers ammy, ring of khajitt, ring of phynaster, ebony blade). Can anyone help me on this?
Marquis Celt Dragon is offline                         Send a private message to Marquis Celt Dragon
Old 21-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #108
Marquis Celt Dragon
Forum hobbit

I forget where the ebony pouldron r is and if there is any ebony greeves besides the ebony greeves of (per). Also the last time i played i used an ebony dia-katana which is two handed. Being the ebony blade is single handed i am wondering where the ebony kite shield is.
Marquis Celt Dragon is offline                         Send a private message to Marquis Celt Dragon
Old 23-11-2005, 10:35 AM   #109
Blank_box
Forum hobbit

I have the tip to make money easily....

The items always regenerate every time when you change floor. So, if you can enter wealthy building, just wander between the floor (especially the treasure room floor) you can loot a bunch of rare items until you can carry no more... :w00t:

This way you can make a profit about 4-5 thousand G. per time. k:

P.S.

I don't know that if everybody have noticed about this yet? If you do, I have to apologize for my posting.
Blank_box is offline                         Send a private message to Blank_box
Old 23-11-2005, 09:55 PM   #110
$I love this site, thanks g

Quote:
Originally posted by Blank_box@Nov 23 2005, 11:35 AM
The items always regenerate every time when you change floor. [...]
Yes, it's such a conceptual cheat that it's ruining the game at a way too early stage. It's difficult to understand why they did not fix that before it hit the shelves.