Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #191
Japo
Autonomous human

Are you following the instructions on the review page, under the header "how to run the game"?
Old 17-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #192
RobertM0215
Default Dosbox cheats for Daggerfall

Hi....thanks for the game (a small contribution has been made).

I'm finding some of the combat a bit clunky and difficult. Having checked the options, it doesn't seem as if the difficulty slider can be adjusted mid-game.

I've found the z.config cheat and all seem to work except invincibility (CNTRL-F4) which does nothing. Ideally, I'd like to be able to toggle this on and off rather than grinding through as a frequently murdered novice!!

Old 17-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #193
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

First, I am not going to tell you how you should play a game, so don't read this that way but:

If you find opposition to be too tough, unlike in many other games, in the TES world there is no shame in running away to train and come back later for pay back time. Early on, there are few dungeons suitable for a low level character and while it's true, that even a hero can face horrible foes, it does get easier as you get better at fighting or casting those mean spells etc. When you start out, I strongly suggest spending time training your favorite skills and taking those small jobs found in cities.
Old 17-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #194
RobertM0215

Thank you MM for your quick response and I did note it as intended and didn't take it as patronising.

The problem is that I was a bit enthusiastic and put the difficulty slider between normal and hard. On reflection, I should have made it easier as bats and rats are proving difficult to kill and the scorpions are handing me my butt on a plate!

I'll take the advice on board but it took a lot of grinding to get where I am and don't want to start from scratch. So any cheats that can help me along would still be useful.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #195
Zagan
Lurker

I can't get my sword to swing. I have tried remapping it to other keys and everything but I just can't attack and it's really frustrating. Is there some kind of fix for this?
Everything else seems to work, I can cast spells and save, work my inventory, steal, and such. I just can't see to attack which makes it a pretty short game.
Zagan is offline                         Send a private message to Zagan
Old 06-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #196
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Are you using keyboard alone or a mouse? Have you tried clicking and HOLDING the attack button while moving the mouse (not sure about keyboard but try the movement keys)?
Old 06-08-2014, 11:47 PM   #197
Japo
Autonomous human

While holding the right mouse button pressed, move the mouse around to swing
Old 27-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #198
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Daggerfall Unity has reached alpha milestone. It means you no longer have to run the buggy DOS version but can use the open source clone instead.

Quote:
what does the alpha milestone mean? For Daggerfall Unity, this means we are now at broad feature parity with classic Daggerfall. Not only is the game playable from start to end, but all the core gameplay systems from classic are implemented and available. Hitting alpha means that development will shift from adding new gameplay features to refinement and fixing bugs.

https://www.dfworkshop.net/