Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-03-2004, 04:10 PM   #11
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

well it would be possible for a pikeman to destroy a WW2 tank
after all Soviet soldiers destroyed quite a few german tanks with their bare hands :wink:
Stroggy is offline                         Send a private message to Stroggy
Old 29-03-2004, 04:20 PM   #12
LotharGR
Super Freak

Well, Ok, maybe a WW2 german Tiger tank could be destroyed ( with a can opener maybe? :P ), a modern M1 tank or a Leopard 2 ? :P
LotharGR is offline                         Send a private message to LotharGR
Old 29-03-2004, 04:26 PM   #13
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

well i know a veteran militia kept killing all of my regular modern-day soldiers
which isn't exactly realistic
Stroggy is offline                         Send a private message to Stroggy
Old 29-03-2004, 05:01 PM   #14
LotharGR
Super Freak

No it isn't realistic at all. And as i said above, that is not the only problem of the game. Also, the company that produced Civ III ( Firaxis ) had imported some very good ideas in their previous game, Alfa Centauri, and they didn't put them in Civ III. I didn't expected to see custom units like in A.Centauri ( that would be very difficult and somewhat unrealistic ) but at least i would like to see cities in the water ( of course in very technologicaly advanced civilizations ), or the very nice landscape that A.Centauri had ( in a more "earthly" version of course :P ) ...For me, CiV II still holds the title of the best Civilization style game ever
Old 10-04-2004, 09:30 PM   #15
LotharGR
Super Freak

I had build a scenario for CIV2 ... a war between Greece and Turkey, taking place in 1999. It was very detailed with over 200 cities on the map, very detailed map of Greece, turkey, and the Aegean sea, and all the units were placed according to military catalogs etc... I never posted it on any civ-site
Old 11-04-2004, 03:25 PM   #16
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You don't by any chance still have that scenario anywhere? It would be cool to upload that as an extra.
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 11-04-2004, 10:43 PM   #17
LotharGR
Super Freak

i had written it on a CD a long time ago, and if i search in my old CD's i suppose i could find it... but the truth is that i never posted because it had two major problems. First, when the computer was playing the turks, it played completely wrong... instead of landing troops on the greek islands ( that should have been its first move ) it was always transfering them back to mainland... and i could not find a way to play properly. And also, i had put a civ named "NATO forces" ( the US 6th fleet of the meditteranean ). Whenever it was its turn to play the game hanged! The only solution was to completely erase them, and when i did that the turks always played 2 rounds at once before the greeks! So i got bored with it and never finished working on it.... The sad thing is that i had builted it down to the last detail ( all the units, cities, etc were placed at their exact position according to military maps etc ) and so i was very dissapointed
Old 12-04-2004, 10:37 PM   #18
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well if you ever get the spirit again Abandonia is a place to put it. It sound like fun.
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 26-04-2004, 03:26 PM   #19
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Heh, i downloaded civ 2(from abandonia of course) and i played it a little.To be honest, i think civ1 is better than civ2, but maybe that opinion will change during the next couple of months(wich will be spent playing this game :wink: )

BTW a resourceful site about the civ series(yes this means ALL of the civ games) : http://www.civfanatics.com/ .Check it out it's pretty cool
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 26-04-2004, 06:58 PM   #20
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yeah they have some cool stuff. Including mods if you are into that sort of thing.
BTW I know that forums have been slow for some time now but you really only have to press submit once :wink: .
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15