Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Since you Abandon-heads seem to be a diverse lot, I'm curious: What sort of movies (if any) do you like?

For me, I'd say just about anything tagged as 50's, drive-in, monster, Hammer Prod., or later splatter/humour flicks.

Favourites:
(50's/60's) She Demons, Trollenberg Terror, It Came From Outer Space, The Creature From The Black Lagoon, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Batman The Movie. (Sorry, can't decide on the BEST of these)

Splatter comedy: Only 3 ever made in my book: Bad Taste, Brain Dead and Starship Troopers (not a comedy as such, I know. But it still is a laughable riot).

EDIT: How could I forget the Noirs? :wallbash: D.O.A. and M are forever gems!
Old 26-08-2006, 01:13 PM   #2
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

Hmmm... I tend to like 80's movies, actually pretty much everything 80's, but also i like most sci-fi stuff (Back to the Future :brain: ). I like to watch horror movies, and i categorize them as comedy because they're so lame . My most favourite movie ever is Blues Brothers, closely followed by the Rocky Horror Picture Show and the Wedding Singer. As you can see music plays a largish role in deciding the movies i enjoy .
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 26-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #3
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

All the Rambo Movies.

U-Boat Commander David is offline                         Send a private message to U-Boat Commander David
Old 26-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #4
chainsoar
Master Debater

Mindless action flicks (David, Rambo rocks my world), violent horror/gore/zombie/slasher flicks, mostly low budget excessive gore stuff, but also some big budget stuff (ie George Romero), Sci-fi, classic comedy (Most comedy films these days suck royal anus), ie Blues Brothers, Happy Gilmore, etc. Sci-fi, Back To The Future, I would agree, is a fantastic series. I like how they managed to make all of the films just as cool as the one before. I would say that all of the people who posted before have excellent taste in movies . Oh, and I'm gonna have to agree with a previous poster's favourite AGAIN and say - Rocky Horror Picture Show - WOW. Go Tim Curry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 26-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #5
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Book to movie films are always my favorite.

They seem to have had a lot more luck than the game to movie films, they've got all the best ones too, I mean you got The Shining for Horror, and then there's One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest for Drama, also Bubba Hotep for Comedy, We Were Soldiers is a nice Action/War movie fix, and you even have 2001 for your Sci-Fi needs (and if you're less picky than the usual, Dune is a decent movie as well).

There's like a perfect movie for each genre

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 26-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #6
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chainsoar @ Aug 26 2006, 04:23 PM) [snapback]251069[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
...violent horror/gore/zombie/slasher flicks, mostly low budget excessive gore stuff...
[/b]
Funny you mentioned that. I just read some reviews on some ultra-violent, ultra-realistic, ultra-misanthropic, ultra-gore quasi-snuff. I personally was disgusted by the reviews alone, and I will never watch these flicks (fact). But: I dare you

Call me a squeamish cry-baby but with the exception of the later F13s (which are just hilarious), I don't cope very well with those slashers. I need the exploding sheeps and lawnmowers LOL

To the others: I spot some pretty great films there (One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest for starters), but generally I appreciate the turkeys more than the 'serious' movies. I guess it's about appreciating the effort rather than the actual result.
Old 27-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #7
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chainsoar @ Aug 27 2006, 12:23 AM) [snapback]251069[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
...violent horror/gore/zombie/slasher flicks, mostly low budget excessive gore stuff...
[/b]
The thing about these movies are that they're so lame I can't help but laugh. Take Freddie vs Jason for example. When I first watched that i hadn't seen Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th, and it must have been the most random movie i've ever seen. I guess having never seen any of the original Freddy Kruger and Jason Voorhees movies might contribute to the fact that i didnt have the faintest idea what was going on, but the storyline i have to say was very weak, making up for it with lots of blood and sharp objects and people dying. But it was all just so amusing to watch.
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 27-08-2006, 12:21 AM   #8
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You're watching the wrong movies Blackh0le

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 27-08-2006, 02:08 AM   #9
Japo
Autonomous human

The good ones.

(I'm serious.)
Old 27-08-2006, 06:58 AM   #10
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Well, the first NoES sort of freaked me out (I was so young LOL), but the rest of them are a riot, Freddy Krüger raising hell. Also, the Hellraiser movies are quite cool (Pinhead being one of the coolest bad guys in movie history: Just watch him stride up to the altar while all the windows explode as he walks past them!). But the horror movies I really like, are the Evil Dead series, with the 2nd as a fav. The 1st is neat, but I like the fun in the other two. Ok, the 3rd isn't a horror movie. Sue me :bleh:

Comedy:
Of course, Mel Brooks has made a couple of really great movies: Silent Movie, Spaceballs. But then again, he has made some really lame ones as well: Men In Tights, just to mention one.

Monty Python made some of the funniest movies ever, but Meaning Of Life was close to abysmal, imo. The only reasons I remember that flick are the disgusting man at the restaurant and the Death sequence.

'Serious' ones (aka Dramas):
Ironweed was nice for one view, but I'm really not sure if I'd care to watch it again.
Down By Law is one of the very few I still could watch again. The ending is priceless.
The fact that I remember so few dramas ought to tell you something