Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 12-07-2005, 12:50 PM   #92
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Quote:
Originally posted by Morning Glass@May 17 2005, 07:21 PM
-unable to set the dials correctly in nightshadow.
yes i also want to know how to lure the bat master out of his grave(i.e. how to arrange the sun dials)

PS Sorry for the double post but it's the first time i play this gem :angel:
Old 12-07-2005, 01:36 PM   #93
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

What's the big deal? The answer is given to you directly in the game: set all the dials to 9, and click on the coffin after dark.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 12-07-2005, 04:32 PM   #94
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yeah i found out, but not in-game.There are two tombstones which hold clues:
One that says something like '' at night there are many foes to fight '', and one that says '' cat lives ''.I figured out on my own that one of the dials had to be set to 9, but i didn't knew how to set the others.And besides there was a tombstone which said '' stitched live '' i think.I didn't knew what that meant.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:16 PM   #95
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Perhaps your version has different hints than mine--I played it quite a while ago, when it first came out. You were actually told to set all the dials to 9.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 15-07-2005, 06:30 AM   #96
DDarkDuck

Okay guys, I could'nt get the codes from the manual to work.
I also read about using the GO but it did'nt work either. Can someone post the
names of towns close by so I can warp out? maybe that will bypass the leaving town questions. Please help. I loved this game when I bought it in 97, and I still love it. Unfortunately I never got the chance to finish it and I would really like to.
Thnx again for the game.

Old 15-07-2005, 02:59 PM   #97
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Old 20-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #98
Some Random Passerbys

Quote:
Originally posted by mupton@Jul 6 2005, 09:58 PM

Here are a few tips for anyone newer to the game.

Archers and paladins are just as effective as their sorcerer and cleric counterparts, just with half the spell points, but they are much better fighters.

Age permanently affects attributes, so use wells and spells to restore health and sp instead of resting whenever possible. Your autonotes records every fountain you come across with the attribute it enhances.

Druids are nearly worthless imho. Choose a class that can cast the better spells. Rangers are fine if you need a jack-of-all-trades though.

Thanks again for this great game. :Brain:
The secondary spellcasters (Paladin, Archer, Ranger) also pay extra to learn their spells. If you intend to use them for spell-combat, their relative lack of magic points can quickly become a very limiting factor- the best spells are, of course, very expensive to cast, and some of them have their casting cost and power based on the caster's level; those spells could very rapidly outstrip the meager allotment of a secondary caster. I would recommend taking along a Ranger; they're pretty good fighters, and the Ranger/Druid group has a couple of unique spells that can make life a lot easier (The one that sticks out in my mind is Water Walk- I've played Isles of Terra a lot more recently than World, tho, and Water Walk is practically required in Isles.) In a normal six-person group, I'd take along at least a Paladin, Cleric, and Ranger; although you can get by without the Sorcerer spell group if you really want to (try it for a challenge sometime. Me, I wouldn't want to have to get by without Wizard Eye and Teleport.), healing magic is completely necessary, and this gives a pretty good supply of both healing spells (2 people who can cast the full supply, and one who can wake up the other two if they get knocked out) and fighting ability.

About age: The game shouldn't last long enough for normal aging to cripple your characters. However, some monsters have the ability to age your party. Mostly undead. If you suspect you're facing these monsters, save. Save a lot. I don't remember if World offers anything like Isle's Fountain of Youth; if it does, you can afford to be a little more aggressive, since that will remove any monster-induced aging. If it doesn't, treat age-making monsters like they're instant killers; if your characters get stuck with an additional 300 years distributed throughout the party, they'll be pretty well useless.

Old 30-07-2005, 09:09 PM   #99

Okay, I'm having some rather strange problems getting this to run in XP. With VMDSound the game works through the intro, but freezes afterwards or if I press Esc. I tried turning off the sounds, but that didn't help. And DosBox won't any of the .exe's. When I tried running xeen.exe, I got a simple, inconclusive error message: "Failed". Any advice?

Old 02-08-2005, 02:24 AM   #100
dexter047

i played this game years ago at a friends house. we used to stay up playing this all night. so happy to find it. i was searching the internet for it when i found this great site. ive been looking for this game for like 3 years now. so happy.
dexter047 is offline                         Send a private message to dexter047