Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-06-2005, 09:40 PM   #21
TonyG

damn i dissapear for 2 months and people take an interest.

tbh i thought no one was interested.

I can still do this if people want me to, apply and i will pick the players.

While the game will be played mostly by PM each new day i will update the game world for all to see ( which means i will Write out the Area Description with any changes that need making ).

This may start of slowly as i find my feet and while the players do too, but it should still be fun.

i may need to change some rules during the game to make things smoother or easier for me to run, i wont know untill it is up and running.

Please ask any questions in this thread so everyone can see the answers, might save me some pm time.

one more thing, when i say you can do 3 things a day i mean in a game day to save me getting a backlog of turns. hopefully i will keep it to actual day moves in real time but you never know. you will know when a new day has started as i will post a New Area Description with a new date.

so thanks for the interest shown so far and i hope my lack of attendance hasnt scared you all away. i do intend for this to work, i just need 5 people who want it to work too.
TonyG is offline                         Send a private message to TonyG
Old 16-06-2005, 10:49 PM   #22
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

Tell me what you would need..if I can do it, I would be happy to sign on
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 17-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #23
MadMarius
Forum hobbit

Wink

the ideea sounds great and I would like to try...if that's not a problem...i like RPG's and what is written above sounds real great..Pritty pliszzzzzz..............can i join?
:bye:
MadMarius is offline                         Send a private message to MadMarius
Old 17-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #24
TonyG

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc Adrian@Jun 16 2005, 10:49 PM
Tell me what you would need..if I can do it, I would be happy to sign on
i only need you to sign on, you need to build your character as well as the game world as you go.

as for what i need in game terms, one PM telling me the 3 things you want to do that day is all i require. i will then inform you by PM of how your turn went and update the Game world/ Character sheet accordingly.

here are a couple of other rules i dont think i have mentioned, Dont attack fellow players at first, we need a good game going before i allow any psycopathic tendancies to depopulate my world.

pay attention to the game world. sometimes when the area Description is posted there will be clues to hidden Dangers, Wollf Packs etc. if you then enter that area in your turn you could be attacked/ killed by whatever lurks there.

Death: If you die the next person on the list of applicants will take your place and ye shall be relegated. as i have said i Hope to have many more people playing than 5 at some point but untill then if you die due to your own mistakes you shall be re-entered at the bottom of the waiting list ( if one exists :whistle: )

i will also need to know your character sex, other than that i need only for you to sign up.

Players so Far.
MadMarius
Doc Adrian

If anyone changes their mind either before we start or in game inform me and i can Remove from list/Kill in an ugly maner and let someone else play instead.
Old 18-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #25
a1s
Hero Gamer

I belive I made it clear I want in, but if I didn't...

"I want in!!!"
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 18-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #26
Mahar Vairo
Forum hobbit

Is there anyway to be a spectator.

Like maybe a weekly update of what's happening in the game in ...let's say a newspaper topic of the game.
(I hope you understand what I mean by that)
Mahar Vairo is offline                         Send a private message to Mahar Vairo
Old 18-06-2005, 05:42 PM   #27
TonyG

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahar Vairo@Jun 18 2005, 05:18 PM
Is there anyway to be a spectator.

Like maybe a weekly update of what's happening in the game in ...let's say a newspaper topic of the game.
(I hope you understand what I mean by that)
the Game world will be updated in a thread for all the Forum to see, i will probably mention anything important that happens during the course of the turns also.

A1s, i thought you might want in k:

so the list of players is

MadMarius
Doc Adrian
A1s
omg

i will get it started in the next couple of days, if i only have 4 then im sure we will manage.

if any of you have any questions just ask away.

the only thing that will take part in pm will be player specific moves. that way if they find something nifty or have a great idea, it remains between me and them. Players will be able to 'see' each other in each game update. so if someone is carrying a spiffy new Pointy stick you will be able to see it. Its just the Mechanics of making it that will remain between me and the person who made it.

just out of interest does anyone know which forum the Official game thread should be in?
Old 18-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #28
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

ooo! ooo! Pick me! Pick me! I'm a sexy redheaded male! Every game needs one of those! :bleh:
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 18-06-2005, 07:04 PM   #29
TonyG

if you want in mate, then you are number 5.

The game will begin soon. if im not told otherwise all 5 players will be counted as males.

keep an eye out for the official game Thread for the area Description and Character sheets, the character sheet will be the Top post and will be updated Continually.

Things to do. Re-read my posts in this Thread to make sure you remember everything i have said so far. Only 1 PM a Day will be accepted ( game day ) In this you should Tell me what your move for that day is. and ask about anything you are unsure of, if you dont ask you will never know.

Only things you could do in real life will be possible in game, So lets not try make magic just yet .

If you are sending me a PM with your move and a question or anything else please Seperate them for me, So put your move First and then Leave a decent space Before you ask any questions or do anything else. just makes it easier for me to read and understand.

Now if all 5 of you could post to say you have read this and understand i can get this thing up and running,also post those last minute questions for me.

and again, this forum or would it be more appropriate elsewhere?
Old 18-06-2005, 07:23 PM   #30
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyG@Jun 18 2005, 07:04 PM
Only 1 PM a Day will be accepted ( game day ) In this you should Tell me what your move for that day is. and ask about anything you are unsure of, if you dont ask you will never know.
what if I make some illegal moves (for example: there is a large rock, I (beliving 'large' to be something like a 100 kilos) tell you I want to move it , and then do something with it (dam a small creek, grind seeds, etc...), while in reality the 'large rock' is something twice my height and weightnig more than ten tons, so clearly immoveble to begin with), will I be able to make a redo? and what would be the rules about it? also I never realy got the part about aperance. are we not allowed to make contact with each other trough PMs? (that is logical of course) but if we only send you one PM per turn, how can we put 5 contacts in there? or do you mean we can only contact five other people?
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s