Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-01-2005, 09:41 PM   #11
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

[quote] had a quick game - interesting guess gametek should have been more innovative and less sales driven but many a game developer still falls by the wayside for these and other reasons

They weren't a game developer; they bought and released games made by a host of others. Some were good; many were not. The problem with such companies is that they're frequently run by people who haven't the slightest interest in either games, or the people who play them.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 02-01-2005, 11:40 AM   #12
darkwynd

For those who use dosbox or any other dos emulator and don't get any sound, simply open the nomad.cfg on the notepad and change SB27 to SB25 to get sound.
But beware, this might crash the game during the intro, right after the ship crashes. If that happens, you can try to download the version found on the underdogs (http://the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=Nomad), which doesn't have the intro sequence.
Good luck and good gaming. :Titan:
darkwynd is offline                         Send a private message to darkwynd
Old 02-01-2005, 12:38 PM   #13
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by darkwynd@Jan 2 2005, 12:40 PM
For those who use dosbox or any other dos emulator and don't get any sound, simply open the nomad.cfg on the notepad and change SB27 to SB25 to get sound.
But beware, this might crash the game during the intro, right after the ship crashes. If that happens, you can try to download the version found on the underdogs (http://the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=Nomad), which doesn't have the intro sequence.
the 7 or 5 is the irq for the soundblaster

if you needed to change it to 25 from 27 it means you have dosbox set to use irq 5

i recommend using d-fend frontend
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 02-01-2005, 03:19 PM   #14
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by darkwynd@Jan 2 2005, 02:40 PM
If that happens, you can try to download the version found on the underdogs (http://the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=Nomad), which doesn't have the intro sequence.
All versions have sound and intro!!!
In the config file there are lines saying something like:

intro=no
sound=no

If you delete these lines you get both the intro and the sound (yes even in the file you'd download from the very user unfriendly and cold site of the underdogs).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 04-02-2005, 10:37 PM   #15
The Cabbage

This little unknown gem is one of my favorite games. Ever.

Quite a bold statement, I know, but if you give the game a chance, it'll really shine through. The combat system, I know, is very simplistic. But combat should be the last thing on your mind.

You see, this game is about exploration, trade, story, characterization, imagination. There are just so many little details that you can come across. There are at least three main threads you can follow to the game's end that I have found; there may be more. There is also a whole lot of optional stuff to do, and a lot of characters to meet. This is an adventure game, remember, not a shooter.

All of the alien races are unique and interesting. While you'll find patterns within each race, there are still plenty of unique character interactions to be found. I highly recommend this game to any adventure game lover.

If anyone wants to discuss this game with me, send an email my way at Cabbage_86@hotmail.com.

Old 14-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #16
Doom
Thumbs up

:help:
i kinda never manage to install one of the oldies we can find here.
I managed with colonization, had to redownload it, and i can't reinstall it now.
This nomad, I loved it, but i don't manage to install it either.
I know I'am a dick.
please help, what do I do once it is extracted?
>> doume99@hotmail.com

Old 14-02-2005, 06:42 PM   #17
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Check your e-mail.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 07-03-2005, 04:27 AM   #18
satellite_bonfire
Lurker

I also am having a hard time getting this game to install. Any tips/tricks?? I loved this game a long time ago, I'd love to re-play it!
satellite_bonfire is offline                         Send a private message to satellite_bonfire
Old 13-03-2005, 07:57 PM   #19
Pyromancer

too bad it seems there is no real walkthrough
i'm still puzzled about that kenelm race,
and ex-class korok and the gateway,
and if you can get shasa to join alliance,
and what's with M'uret?many creatures mention her but I haven't met her
some other things too

Old 07-04-2005, 06:41 AM   #20
The Cabbage

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyromancer@Mar 13 2005, 08:57 PM
too bad it seems there is no real walkthrough
i'm still puzzled about that kenelm race,
and ex-class korok and the gateway,
and if you can get shasa to join alliance,
and what's with M'uret?many creatures mention her but I haven't met her
some other things too
----------------SPOILERS AHEAD-------------------

Did you find the Kenelm home planet? You need the Eye of Kenelm to get them to talk, which you can get off of one of the Pharump (sp?). I believe it's E'erick orbitting the planet Ar'rkive.

For the EX robots, you need to do various things for each of them...I kinda forgot, but one needs the random generator to function, which I believe you can also get from E'rick.

You can trade for the Spikes of the Last One from M'uret, which allows you to talk to some of the Bellocosians without getting shot at, and some plot stuff from talking to her. You'll have to explore a little to find her, she's kinda hard to track down.

The Shasaa are a puzzle. To this day, I haven't quite figured out how to deal with them. I know that I have to get my hands on something called the Proto-uni translator, which is supposed to translate what they say, but I've yet to figure out how to get it.

Email me at Cabbage_86@hotmail.com if you need more.