Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #11
taikara
Abandonia Homie

There's not really a walkthrough, per se...

But here's something close:

http://gamesover.com/walkthroughs/clue.txt

Have fun
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 18-03-2005, 11:24 PM   #12
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I never played this much after i found out about it i saw the 3D Sequel and played that instead

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 05-04-2005, 07:19 AM   #13
ozo

There is a complete German walkthrough to The Clue! at http://home.arcor.de/martinameier004/amiga/derclou.htm and a forum where you can talk about the game at http://www.antaresdesign.org/theclue!/forum/. Many people probably have a hard time understanding the German walkthrough, and that's why I, based on the German walkthrough and my own experiences will create an English walkthrough.

*** WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD ***

*** WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD ***

The Clue! English walkthrough

NOTE: This is just one way of getting started in the game. You can do this in several other ways too, but I won't write all the possibilities here.

The game starts at the Victoria Station. First, you go to the Holland Street and enter the Fat Mans Pub and start talking with people. After you've done that, leave the pub and enter a taxi. The driver will tell you that you are the millionth customer and you get free rides for one year. If the place is available, go to the Cars & Vans at Wellington Road (if it isn't, you may have to talk to the taxi driver in the pub). When you arrive at Cars & Vans, a man should talk to you and ask if you're related to someone he knows. Answer anything and eventually you'll get 20 pounds. After this, enter the taxi again and go back to Holland Street. When you're there, go to the Hotel and get yourself a room.

When you enter the room, you will automatically call your Mum and after that you'll talk to a guy named Mr. Briggs. He will wait for you at the Fat Mans Pub and offer you a job, a burglary at a Kiosk. You accept it, and then you get a car and the plans for the crime. After this, take a cab and go to Watling Street and enter the Tool Shop. Buy a jemmy and gloves, and leave the shop. Now you have to find an associate to help you in the crime. Since you can't drive the car yourself, you have to find a driver. I recommend Justin White for the first crime, she's not greedy but still a decent driver. You'll find her in one of the pubs. Ask her to join your crime, and accept her offer. After this you go to your room, and go into Plan mode. Make Justin your associate, and start planning the crime. The kiosk burglary is very easy. You can break the front door with your jemmy and then go in and break the cash-boxes or whatever you find with your jemmy and take the money. You can also break the cash-box from outside if you wish. After you've finished this crime, go to one of the dealers to sell your loot and then continue doing crimes.

From here onwards, you can go many routes and will encounter some problems, but all routes lead to the same result. After eight crimes, someone will offer you 200000 Pounds for stealing a suitcase from a villa. You have to buy the Jaguar with the money you got as the letter says. Here, you can either go to the villa and steal the suitcase, or instead do some other burglary. You have to use the Jaguar tho. Whatever you choose, you will end up with the suitcase and find out that it contains drugs. After this you will get a phone call and hear that Guido is coming to get you, so you escape and end up in Southampton where you spend a year or so. After this, Mr. Briggs comes to you and suggests that you, him and two more associates break into the Tower of London to get the Crown Jewels. You automatically accept and start planning the crime. When you've planned it, start the crime. You won't get far tho before you hear Inspector Guidos voice saying he has surrounded the building. You and your associates escape, but outside, the mafia is waiting for you. Mr. Briggs turns on you and you fall asleep. When you wake up, Mr. Ken Addison tells you that because you tried to steal something belonging to him, you have to make up for it by being an associate in one of his burglaries. He tells you the plan, but the idea here is for you to escape when the other three associates get caught.

Here is how to succeed with the Starford mission and finish the game:

First, walk straight forward to the corner of the house and then wait for a radio message from Addison. After this, walk to the other side of the building where Briggs is opening the window. Wait for a moment until he's finished, and then go through the window yourself. After this, open the steel door to the right and turn off the switchbox in the room. After that, send a radio message to Briggs and wait for Addisons radio message. Then you go to the first floor and turn off the switchbox there and after that you send a radio message to Addison. After that, go to the 2nd floor, open the steel door where there is no spotlight and turn off the switchbox. Then go to the room to the left and turn off the switchbox. Send a radio message to Briggs, and then disable the alarm system. Send another message to Briggs, then go to the southwest room and turn off the switchbox. After that, send a third message to Briggs and go to the basement (the lowest floor). Go to the room to the right and wait in front of the alarm system for a message from Briggs. After this, disable the alarm system and go to the room to the left where you find a switchbox and an alarm system. Disable the alarm system and turn the switchbox ON. Now the lights at the main door are on, but you aren't going to leave that way. Instead, go to the window to the left and leave through it. When you're outside, send a radio message to Briggs. Now, start the crime and if nothing goes wrong, the game is finished.

Source: http://home.arcor.de/martinameier004/amiga/derclou.htm

ozo is offline                         Send a private message to ozo
Old 04-05-2005, 07:45 AM   #14
hessekopp
Abandonia nerd

HI FOLKZ!
i ask me , if the german version from the clue does exist on any abandonsite???????????? please tell me if ya know more! thanks alot :bye:

- the german one
hessekopp is offline                         Send a private message to hessekopp
Old 14-05-2005, 06:46 PM   #15
Oldie Goldie

One of my most favourite games ever. This game was made by Neo (austria) which have also made Whales Voyage 1 + 2.
Oldie Goldie is offline                         Send a private message to Oldie Goldie
Old 23-05-2005, 07:08 PM   #16
Ben

Quote:
Originally posted by D@Feb 19 2005, 10:12 AM
After I do the Old Curiosity shop I get the police summary whatever part as usual then it brings me to the Victoria Station (instead of the hotel room like it should I think) and then promptly crashed.

Anyone seen this or know what to do?
I´ve got the same problem.the game crashes after the Old Curiosity shop.
Is there anything i can do about it?Because i started to like this game

Old 27-06-2005, 10:58 PM   #17
Razer
Forum hobbit

A neat trick that you can do is this" When Investigating a building, your suspicious rating will increase when time passes by (and accuracy rating will also increase, providing you with more info). To let the accuracy raise, but the suspicious stay the same (0%), hit enter on 'Investigate', then you see the message: "A police patrol passes by", quickly hit enter again to stop investigating, now hit 'Investigate' again, and follow the above steps. This way, time will stay the same, as the police patrol will pass by at the same hour over and over. Now, you'll easily get accuracy at 100%, and suspicious at 0%, so nobody will/can tell you were there." Thanks to Eastpolar from gamefaqs
Razer is offline                         Send a private message to Razer
Old 02-08-2005, 12:26 AM   #18
Mrs John Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
Quote:
Originally Posted by D
After I do the Old Curiosity shop I get the police summary whatever part as usual then it brings me to the Victoria Station (instead of the hotel room like it should I think) and then promptly crashed.

It crashes for me as well. It doesn't matter where I try to rob after the third job it crashes.

I had the old game on the Amiga and I think you are supposed to be at Victoria station after the job.

Does anyone have any idea of what needs to be done to stop it crashing?

Last edited by arete; 01-12-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: removed html
Mrs John Murphy is offline                         Send a private message to Mrs John Murphy
Old 24-09-2005, 02:57 PM   #19
Delgado

If you want an easy hotel room you just enter the hotel and say "I've booked a room in advance". "Under which name?" the man asks. If you respond "Mark Goldberg" he will think you are a millionaire and he gets you a room for free...

Old 08-10-2005, 08:19 PM   #20
UZzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
Quote:
Originally Posted by D

It crashes for me as well. It doesn't matter where I try to rob after the third job it crashes.

I had the old game on the Amiga and I think you are supposed to be at Victoria station after the job.

Does anyone have any idea of what needs to be done to stop it crashing? [/b]
Use dosbox and play it thru that mission.

It worked for me like a charm.

Last edited by arete; 01-12-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: html