Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Introductions, Farewells and Returns
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
Dtothe3

Default 4th Floor: Tools, Guns, Keys To Superweapons

Hi. My name Is Del, I'm sure I've posted before, I'd been meaning to get my login details back for some time after I started playing X-Com again. Now seemed like a pretty good time to collect those details as my missus has arranged an Ann Summers party and banished me to the bedroom

I'm 26, have been playing games since the Spectrum days, and in the last year have discovered that the games I rank quite highly in my all time favourites are quite cheap, whilst those games that disappoint (Fable 3 being 1 of many) were expensive. Once the cogs finished whirring I bought Sega Mega Collection and the Xcom series.

Outside of gaming I'm a keen cook, I make excellent burgers, and love throwing a BBQ or two. Sadly I live in Wales, and we got all of 5 hours of sunlight for summer this year.

I enjoy debating but rarely indulge as it, sadly, achieves very little (just look at our lovely MPs). I could go on but this is supposed to be an introduction post, not an introduction essay.

As I said I'm looking forward to meeting a few new people here, good gaming to all and to all a good game

Edit - Wow I was sure I'd posted before, guess I just registered.

Last edited by Dtothe3; 14-10-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Found my post count
Dtothe3 is offline                         Send a private message to Dtothe3
Old 14-10-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Welcome aboard Del boy (I just had to say that)

So, you've been gaming since rubber keys... Well, respectrum my friend. I skipped that first step and started with C64.

Is it really that dark and cold in Wales? I always imagined Wales as beautifully green with friendly folks around... but I imagine all Celtic countries like that, it surely can't be all true, but it indeed makes you enjoy the atmosphere of games like Celtic Tales or Tir Na Nog even more

Anyway, we gotta keep safe from potential essays. Welcome once again
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 14-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I think you should be smiling about the Ann Summers party, surely the fallout from that will be a Good Thing. Either way, welcome to the site!
Old 14-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
Dtothe3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Welcome aboard Del boy (I just had to say that)

So, you've been gaming since rubber keys... Well, respectrum my friend. I skipped that first step and started with C64.

Is it really that dark and cold in Wales? I always imagined Wales as beautifully green with friendly folks around... but I imagine all Celtic countries like that, it surely can't be all true, but it indeed makes you enjoy the atmosphere of games like Celtic Tales or Tir Na Nog even more

Anyway, we gotta keep safe from potential essays. Welcome once again
One of my first memories is playing video games (specifically a sort of commando game) the problem was there were so many keys that me and my stepdad had to play together to get anywhere, each controlling a set amount of commands. Great times on the Spectrum.

Wales is a lovely place if you don't mind your Rarebit being served with barely concealed contempt of the English (Yep I'm English). Don't get me wrong the place is beautiful, I've been to the Florida Keys, Greekish islands (can't remember which I was drunk getting off the plane) and other places that are nowhere near as lovely as the scenery is here. Just I wouldn't recommend the scenery on a friday or saturday. Puke-pebbledashed walls are not as attractive as rolling valleys.

Incidentally I am the eternal delboy :P my dad is also called Derek, thus I am the eternal Delboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane View Post
I think you should be smiling about the Ann Summers party, surely the fallout from that will be a Good Thing. Either way, welcome to the site!
Webcams recording in HD are a godsend. Although the next time my missus' mate suggests doing a "Keith Lemon" on her I should tell her I've been barking up that tree for years.

Cheers for the welcome, I've been pottering about, seems quite fun, hopefully I'll be sticking around for a bit.