Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-09-2007, 12:47 AM   #2971
Blackhawk441

Tried that....still blank screen in DosBox and memory error in XP. It seems the XCOM gods are angry at me
Blackhawk441 is offline                         Send a private message to Blackhawk441
Old 25-09-2007, 12:53 AM   #2972
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Please open a thread in the Troubleshooting section of this board. We'll take it on from there.

Your case might be individual.
Old 25-09-2007, 01:00 AM   #2973
Blackhawk441

OK. If anybody would like to help me, go to
http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index...howtopic=16359
Thanks!
Blackhawk441 is offline                         Send a private message to Blackhawk441
Old 28-09-2007, 07:20 AM   #2974
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

When I did the research on the dead aliens, do I have to keep the corpses or can I sell them...

I have to say I'm doing well with all the tips and tricks that are listed here. I really DID improve! I have energy-suits now and killed one alien base on earth!
That sure sounds n00bish to all the pr0s. LOL

EDIT: Does it have any consequenses when I sell alien stuff? Do the countries benefit from it?
Old 28-09-2007, 08:02 AM   #2975
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Sep 28 2007, 07:20 AM) [snapback]313589[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
When I did the research on the dead aliens, do I have to keep the corpses or can I sell them...
[/b]
Sell.

Quote:
I have to say I'm doing well with all the tips and tricks that are listed here. I really DID improve! I have energy-suits now and killed one alien base on earth!
That sure sounds n00bish to all the pr0s. LOL
[/b]
Carefull! watch the alien activity meter. i forgot and lost another country. anyway when it gets too high sent transport ship to patrol that country. probably there is a base near (especially if you manage to shootdown most crafts).

Quote:
EDIT: Does it have any consequenses when I sell alien stuff? Do the countries benefit from it?
[/b]
no sell. you benefit form it. in fact you get rich from it and can fford new bases. unnecessary alien equimpent later becomes main source of income.

i now have arround 40 millions cash as each large downed ship brings me a little over 1 million income and only a few thousand costs.

but like probably already mentioned - do not sell Ellerium! hard to find and much needed.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 28-09-2007, 08:30 AM   #2976
Icewolf
Il Lupone

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Sep 28 2007, 10:02 AM) [snapback]313594[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
but like probably already mentioned - do not sell Ellerium! hard to find and much needed.[/b]
I always heed this. k:

Is there a possibility of speeding up the scientists? Is there a difference in how many alien artifacts I have in stock?

I need newer aircrafts, big UFOs easily shoot my jets down. <_<
Old 28-09-2007, 10:00 AM   #2977
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

UGH! First time i played TFTD (gameplay is same) and made a mistake of not hiring enough scientists. so i never could get pass the fourth month.

Anyway if you assign more scientists to one project they will reasearch it faster. it pays off assigning 100+ scientists to single project (especially most important ones - certain weapons, live allien commanders&navigators...).
But beware - more scientist requires more living qurters and if you run multiple projects at the same time they might clog up your lab space.

what i do is always have more lab space in begining and worry about manufacturing space later when i already discover ships. same goes for scientists and technicians.

for reasearch you only need one alien artifact. however you might want to hold on some, so you can use them later (accelertrs, navigation, alien grenades, plasma weapons, stun guns...). the rest you can sell. i play in config with 10 soldiers and 1 tank (in beinning). so you would want to keep about 10 heavy plasma, 12 plasma ammo 20 grenades and 2 or 3 stun weapons. IMPORTANT: Keep at least one plasma pisto and one plasma rifle as you need to research them both to get a better Plasma tank.

priorities that should get 100 or 150 scientis are Heavy plasma, Stun gun, alien grenade and some basic armor.
later on (or paralel if you have the space) it will be some highranking live aliens, important dead ones and ship components.

you can sell all those like alien entertainment etc... the unimportant ones. i actually don't see what is the point in reasearching certain components. probably to get you of the track for real reasearch. any one knows this?
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 28-09-2007, 10:17 AM   #2978
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Oh, about the tank:
I had to do without the tank for now, since he refused to load with his ammo.
I bought both SWT-ammos but when I wanted to load the tank on the ship he said "no ammo, blah...".
Any advice at this one? Or is it a bug maybe?
Old 28-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #2979
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Did the ammo arrive at the base?

BTW: You'll quickly notice that you end up with way too much salvaged plasma weaponry compared to salvaged clips, especially if you're using plasma guns yourself. You can safely sell two-third of weapons (not ammo!) that you salvage.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-09-2007, 11:56 AM   #2980
Icewolf
Il Lupone

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Sep 28 2007, 12:25 PM) [snapback]313626[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Did the ammo arrive at the base?[...][/b]
Yeah, sure but it won't combine. I bought the first(upper) tank and bought first one ammo for it. Then I thought it was my mistake and bought the other ammo. Both not working. :not_ok:
Usually the weapon and the ammo is shown in the ship-armament-menu. Not the case in this case... <_<