Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-10-2007, 06:51 PM   #431

Industries only increase (or decrease, which sucks) production through random events. I think I remember that the creation of a new industry had something to do with how much money you gave to the nearby town(s) but it might have been just a rumour.
And what do you mean by 100% of products?

Old 28-10-2007, 08:51 PM   #432
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

It is possible to get to 100% of products in theory if you have lots and lots and lots of stations and trains for the same industry... But it's not rentable.

The way it works is that the game calculate how much time it take you to take the products out of the industry stores and the faster you go, the higher the rating. To rentabilise everything you should look in how much products you'll be able to haul more for a given increase and try to stabilise your line before it cost you too much in engines and maintenance.

Breakdowns can slow down lines to a crawl unless you put up a well designed lines with at least some crossovers to go around the broken down trains.
Old 19-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #433
Petrus_Daniel

Default Some problems

Hy, i have some problems with the game, i cant seam to make some options from the configurator get saved in game, like bribe local authoritys for example. I am curently using ttdx 2.8.8 configurator from andres and it sometimes works, but if i save and reload the game then it dosnt, anyone know how can i fix the problem ?
Petrus_Daniel is offline                         Send a private message to Petrus_Daniel
Old 19-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #434
Petrus_Daniel

And by the way, even if the bribe dosnt work, how can you increas your ratings afther you cant build anymore in a town and your record is appaling ? Couse the advertising says its just to get more clients, not to make local authoritys love you more and allow you to build.
Petrus_Daniel is offline                         Send a private message to Petrus_Daniel
Old 19-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #435
velik_m
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrus_Daniel View Post
And by the way, even if the bribe dosnt work, how can you increas your ratings afther you cant build anymore in a town and your record is appaling ? Couse the advertising says its just to get more clients, not to make local authoritys love you more and allow you to build.
Plant trees, lots of them.
Old 21-04-2008, 06:17 AM   #436
Petrus_Daniel

And another thing, how can i make my vehicles go on the right side of the road every time ? Sometimes even when i change the option from drive on left to drive on right they still drive on the left, its frustrating :mad:
Old 21-04-2008, 07:04 AM   #437
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Some options don't work unless you set them before the game start. You should try that.
Old 16-06-2008, 08:53 AM   #438
Prymator
Lurker

Question unequal treating

Question I have:
Why, and/or how does computer taking my stuff from industries? E.g. I have 2 train stations by oil derrick for long time, estimated in early part of game, profitable, with very good level of transport service (always above 70).
Suddenly, new computer company launched, built own station by those derricks and... he started to take MY OIL!! :mad: and there was much less for me, profitability of line suffered severely...
Prymator is offline                         Send a private message to Prymator
Old 16-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #439
Scatty
Treasure hunter

That depends on how frequently you pick up the goods from the station. If you can pick them up in shorter time periods from your station, the demand for them raises, you are evaluated as more proficient by the respective facility and it delivers more goods to your station than to the one of the opponent.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 16-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #440
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

That's part of the game: competition... you just have to be better than the computer

Scatty is right, get a smaller number of wagons for each train to decrease the waiting time, and get more trains assigned to each station (you can run a single line station with two trains quite easily, you just have to provide a few "crossings" - don't forget to place some light rulers); this way, you can have one train loading while the other is making the trip and when the first train is loaded, the second is about to arrive empty.

There is another way to turn around this - it's not a pretty one (in fact it's quite dirty ) but it works: when your opponent is building his railroad network between his stations, place a few diagonal railroad ahead of his way to block him the passage. He'll spend most of his cash trying to go around, building bridges, tunnels and modifying the terrain until he'll be broke :amused:
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek