Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-01-2005, 08:11 PM   #21
Reggaed

I think i need to do some practice here
i don't understand a thing about this game.
when i want to make a car, it shows only the Hood, nothing else :blink:
Reggaed is offline                         Send a private message to Reggaed
Old 23-01-2005, 11:41 AM   #22
DSmidgy
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Too bad you can't just tipe the ammount you want (you must use the -/+ keys)!
Do you have 2.1 patch? I just click on the red box with the price and type in the new one.

Does anyone know, how much workers must I put per assembly line for different factory tech levels. It's about 10 workers per line * tech level. But I'm not shure.
DSmidgy is offline                         Send a private message to DSmidgy
Old 23-01-2005, 11:43 AM   #23
Danny252
I have a custom title!

more workers means cars get made faster
Old 23-01-2005, 12:33 PM   #24
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

The numer of workers will determine how many cars will be produced. More workers - more cars. But if you improve the tech level of the factory the same number of workers will produce more cars.

Be careful however, because some versions of the game have a bug, that will sometimes employ all 255 workers in lines that aren't producing anything. You'll still have to pay them, but they'll just be death weigt. They won't produce anything - and you'll have to fire them or you'll start loosing money fast. This usually happens after a strike. Also make sure you're not paying a lot of money in the advertising in a region you're not selling any cars in. The same bug does that too.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 23-01-2005, 03:10 PM   #25
DSmidgy
Abandonia nerd

But the thing is: when I put 12 workers to level1 assembly line they make 9 cars. When I put 30 workers to that assembly line, they still produce just 9 cars.
DSmidgy is offline                         Send a private message to DSmidgy
Old 23-01-2005, 07:42 PM   #26
Jman4117
Game freak

Try 3 lines of 10 each maybe?

When I was hooked on this game bigtime, I found that after about 50 workers per line you start losing efficientcy. The max of 255 wouldn't even double production over 50-60 workers.

Early game: The pickup or starting sedan is da car. Try a long bed pickup for around $700 and market in the US.

Later: Fast wagons are the trick. Get a sleek "sports car" with the longest wagon rear. You'll get superb rating on it. Make that same car a four door and call it a "compact" and it will also have high ratings.
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117
Old 25-01-2005, 02:42 PM   #27
Kostakis

I was very close to reach the end of the game a few months ago: I researched all technologies, gained about 300,000,000 $(!), wiped out any competition, but it didn't seem to end sometime(somehow?). One of the smart things to do is to increase significantly the workers wages and the cars are being sold at a glance! I imagine it's because "your" workers can also get the car when having a higher salary (clever thought)! The other is to beging also a luxury, a sports, a pick-up and a van line when the competition is sleeping. Advertisment pays back all th money you give , if you just notice that the eastern U.S. absorb the most of the cars you produce. I started in Europe and began selling in the U.S.. Canada is also a good market! Very nice game, I was stuck for weeks playing it! P.S.: 60 workers per line will do the work fine but you will soon need to built many factories to satisfy the demand: and of course reach the maximum of 255 workers per line to maximize production!

Old 25-01-2005, 04:54 PM   #28
Jman4117
Game freak

Hiring 4 times the workers to produce at best twice the vehicles really hurts your profit though. I had factories in just about every region specialized in one or two types of cars with about 350 workers in each factory. I was a multi-billionaire by around 1960.
Old 30-01-2005, 01:21 PM   #29
athcnv
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to athcnv Send a message via MSN to athcnv

Hmm....is 50 workers per production line the best, or 40 per line? (in terms of efficiency - anyone heard of diminishing marginal utility (DMU) from economics?)

I don't think it's 12 workers (unless you only want to produce 9 cars)

Also, how does car design work?

And when should I produce vans and other car types? Will I get an in game prompt?
Old 30-01-2005, 08:15 PM   #30
Jman4117
Game freak

Generally, from my experience sedan/sports cars are best with the longest "wagon" rear end, the first front end, and one of the sleeker windshields. This gets you a high capacity, super fast car. For pickups get the longest bed and biggest engine. Vans seem to take off in the 50's of so. Never managed to sell a hatchback. Compacts, use the wagon mentioned above with fewer luxuries and the transverse I4 and sell it at about 70% of the sedan price. 4x4's sell at about 1/2 the rate of pickups; same strategy though...Big engine, long body.