Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-10-2005, 03:29 AM   #21
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Here's my real short plan:
1) Get a backpack.
2) Fill the backpack up with water and bananas.
3) Get a handful of packs of matches.
4) Get fireproof gloves.
5) Get into a highly barricaded building that's relly high.
6) Go to the top floor.
7) Flame any zombie that attack with matches, then push them out the window.

This thread sounds a lot like Urban Dead
You can start as a zombie (you've got beter zombie abilities if you start as a zombie) or some sort of human. When you die you're a zombie. This is an RPG. Very simply made too. Also made by the creator of Graaaag!.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:57 AM   #22
OlSheep
Forum hobbit

Here's my strategy:

My personnal philosophy would be to leave the suburbs as fast as possible. I don't think I could handle the pressure of being barricaded in a building, waiting to die.

The first thing I'd do is grab my backpack. I'd fill it with dehydrated food and anything that isn't perishable. I'd also get as many plastic containers/thermos/bottles as possible and fill them with fresh water.

As far as weapons are concerned, I don't know anything about guns. I'm Canadian and I'm definitely not a hunter so this leaves me empty-handed. However, I do own a big hunting knife which I'd take along with a big bread knife, just to be sure. Should I ever meet a zombie face to face, I'll have something to stab its head with.

I'd also grab a flashlight (since night can be quite treacherous), a few BBQ lighters (lighting a fire reveals your position but it can also keep you from freezing, it gives you the mean to cook food and it can be used as a weapon), my tent (it can't offer much protection but, at least, it would keep me from sleeping in the open), batteries, any device capable of receiving AM/FM tranmissions (good idea a1s), fishing supplies, a map and some sort of portable saw capable of cutting through metals.

Then, I'd get in the car and drive as fast as possible to the seaport/to a marina. It's a very big risk, but the idea is to steal a boat as soon as you can. Driving around could be very dangerous. Traffic, cars left behind, zombies blocking streets. The idea is to scan the road ahead, always be ready to turn around and stick to the small streets. While trying to find a suitable boat (it should be able to function without an engine), I'd keep an eye on my surroundings. At the first sight of movement, I'd jump in the water. Zombies are slow, swimming won't be their forte. Stealing a boat that doesn't require an engine shouldn't be too hard since I have a saw.

With a good boat, the only thing left to do is to make sure that you can keep yourself properly supplied. You can navigate to a wooded area if you need worms (to fish) or if you need a fire (to cook). If you are in a lake, there should be fresh water all around you (even if it's not as clean as it should be, it should be enough to keep a human alive). If not, you can always use your map to find a suitable spot for this particular ressource. Should the boat offer little protection againts the elements, I'd try to open my tent in it (it should be fairly easy to attach the tent so that it provides satisfactory cover, even if it has to be in an uncomfortable way).

Since the lighters can't last forever, I'd try to spend some time trying to learn how to make a fire only with two pieces of wood. I should have plenty of time for that.

That's it!
OlSheep is offline                         Send a private message to OlSheep
Old 01-10-2005, 01:42 PM   #23
Alf Hari

I like the idea of the boat, but have you seen Dawn of the Dead?
In that movie, they eventually drive to a seaport and board a boat but they run out of water and the island they escape to is infested by zombies and they die.

I just saw this thread, but I have some ideas that I'll think over.
Alf Hari is offline                         Send a private message to Alf Hari
Old 01-10-2005, 02:02 PM   #24
Kearnsy
Games Master

Ok what I would do sounds kind of similar to the other plans ie: run to the woods etc.

Firstly me and my dad go backpacking and camping all the time so I would run to my garage grab my nice (and big) hiking pack fill it with dehyrated food (about 1 meter away) and grab the small pot with matches and water purifing tablets (also 1 meter away and in one container! [we're so organised!!! LOL ] ).

Run to the car and grab warm clothes on the way, get the wood cutting axe next to where the car is and drive for about 30 minutes until you get to 100 of square kilometers of rich NSW bushland!!!!!

This is the only hard part, my house is not very close to the town center but the way out is through a major road. So either try your luck through traffic or go through smaller residential roads that would take longer. I'd say that we would be able to leave quickly so this may help.

Due to my knowledge of surounds I could go to remote locations and even trails that you need to walk into (that will slow them down!!)

If we encounter a zombie walker or ranger you've got the wood axe for a blunt blow to the head.

Now that I think about it I should be fairly safe in case of Zombie attack.
Neighbours are also never home!!!! k:

The ideal plan (not realistic) would be to live on a costal house with a big boat so you can load up and sail out to sea + be able to stay out there for a while also your not very close to major cities.
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 01-10-2005, 02:32 PM   #25
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Tip: Zombies are not afraid of fire, they do not care, because they are ZOMBIES.
In order to prevent any gruesome occurances, please restrain one's self from advising fire as a weapon.
As we all know... the last thing we want after us is a flaming zombie.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 01-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #26
OlSheep
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin Threadbare@Oct 1 2005, 03:29 AM
You can start as a zombie (you've got beter zombie abilities if you start as a zombie) or some sort of human. When you die you're a zombie. This is an RPG. Very simply made too. Also made by the creator of Graaaag!.
I've just tried the game. It's fun, we should create an abandonia group (and call it "The Abandoned" or something like that) .
Old 01-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #27
Mr Miau
YARR!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Mr Miau Send a message via MSN to Mr Miau

Oh, I'm so glad to have some guns at home (my dad's a hunter).
Mr Miau is offline                         Send a private message to Mr Miau
Old 01-10-2005, 05:25 PM   #28
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin Threadbare@Oct 1 2005, 06:29 AM
I've been playing that for quite some time, I have a scientist charecter (named a1s :w00t: ), so don't hestiate to ask for a revival (in case you need one).
P.S. do you gain anything from that brain eating link?
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 01-10-2005, 05:58 PM   #29
OlSheep
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s@Oct 1 2005, 05:25 PM
I've been playing that for quite some time, I have a scientist charecter (named a1s :w00t: ), so don't hestiate to ask for a revival (in case you need one).
P.S. do you gain anything from that brain eating link?
I'll add you to my contacts if I see you. My character is a firefighter (I went with the melee zombie-killing machine class since I don't have a group to play with) named "Mike Rowave" (trying to be funny). I'm currently resting in a building near Woodthorpe Plaza [27, 46] in Lukinswood, feel free to say hi if you see me (unless, of course, you're playing a zombie).

[EDIT]: Having "Mike Rowave" as my nickname wasn't really practical so I created a new character named "OlSheep". I'm in Scarletwood, almost all the buildings there are heavily barricaded so I got stuck in a bar with a civilian who has "Vigor Mortis" as his only skill *sigh* .
Old 01-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #30
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

My dads a chef.. I'd grab a meat cleaver... and go play some hacky sacky with zombie heads!

I'll write a propery strategy later...

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean