Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-09-2005, 09:41 PM   #11
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Wow ! It was not a long term survival plan but rather a "let's shag some cool girl senseless before i die" sort of plan ! So i rate myself a 1O :Brain:

And firearms are supposed to be excluded from any planning.
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 30-09-2005, 09:42 PM   #12
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

WHAT!?
Old sheep, this is not okay, if firearms are excluded, there is no chance of survival, without any accuracte long range weapons, your only options are to run 24/7 which is not possible!

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 30-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #13
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

You a gladiator or what ? :blink:

EDIT : Alright, i stop spamming this cool thread; :angel:
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 30-09-2005, 09:49 PM   #14
OlSheep
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Sep 30 2005, 09:42 PM
WHAT!?
Old sheep, this is not okay, if firearms are excluded, there is no chance of survival, without any accuracte long range weapons, your only options are to run 24/7 which is not possible!
Yeah, well, I believe that firearms would just turn everything into a big video game. The idea is to be inventive with your survival, reading about how someone would reenact doom just doesn't sound all that interesting to me .
OlSheep is offline                         Send a private message to OlSheep
Old 30-09-2005, 09:55 PM   #15
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Considering my expertise in weapons, yes. :bleh:

Here's my plan...
Find a area that's not too isolated, I.E. a small town, or not too populated. This prevents too large of a zombie horde.
In order to survive, I'd first have to find a suitable structure.
A emergency Entrance should be included, as in firestairs or such.
This would usually be buildings that only have one entrance, and a lack of windows, but MUST have two storys at least.
After securing the area, I would head out to find food and etc. If any zombies surround the area, I would wait until daylight (Zombies do not require perfect vision to see you) Then find the most stealthy approach to escape to a area with food.
If the hordes are too thick, I would have a vehicle prepared, most likely armored, stable, and fast. Using this I can most likely plow through any zombies before the vehicle is too damage to continue, and I'll have enough time to escape from the slow horde.
After finding the food, there will be a clear path around the zombies, this time not being restricted by having been stuck in a building. After returning to the home, I would enter through the "Emergency Entrance". Now stocked with food, I can commense to annihilating the zombies. Since I already have a steady arsenal at home (bows and crossbows) I could bring this along and secure myself with enough weapons.)
Going to the building's roof via the Emergency Entrance, I can commense to pick off any zombies there are, this would be difficult, as I need a supply of arrows or bolts, but luckily I'd have these secured by any sports or hunting stores in the area.
Once I destroy enough zombies, I'd finish the rest off with any close ranged items, because their numbers are diminished, it should be safe to run through and find a weapon.
Once I destroy all the zombies, I would secure myself in the building, keep my ears on the radio or TV in case there is any news from the outside world.
Once my food stores become low, I would start a trek to find a nearby area, where I can fortify myself again and resupply.
If I find any other survivors, I will most likely avoid too many companions, as cabin fever and paranoia are prime problems in these scenarios. I would most likely have only one companion, and try to secure his trust by providing him as I have myself.
A better partner would be a trained official, as in a policeman or soldier. They are cool under pressure, and more likely to resort to survival tactics instead of crying and moaning.

So in theory, I'd be hiding out the zombie apocalypse, and attempt to kill as many as possible when encountering them, lessering the amount of danger for myself, and thinning the ranks if any more come from some far away distance, along with everything else, this is a solid survival tactic.

P.S. Sheep, it won't turn into Doom if you tell people to be entirely realistic. This involves ammo, accuracy and the spare amount. Since these things are very rare, you can most likely single out any "gun rampages".

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 30-09-2005, 10:16 PM   #16
OlSheep
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Sep 30 2005, 09:55 PM
Considering my expertise in weapons, yes. :bleh:

Here's my plan...

-the plan-

P.S. Sheep, it won't turn into Doom if you tell people to be entirely realistic. This involves ammo, accuracy and the spare amount. Since these things are very rare, you can most likely single out any "gun rampages".
Ok, ok, I don't want the thread to turn into an argument about firearms so I modified the rules a bit. I'll let you edit your post before rating it .
Old 01-10-2005, 12:33 AM   #17
a1s
Hero Gamer

uh... I want to clarify:

1)how wide is the zombie infestation? does it cover a city? or maybe a region? does it maybe have the potential to cover the whole world? and if so does it originate from one place, or will there be a zombies in every tenth random town regardless of dirrection?

2)how well in advance do we know about it? did we suspect it would happen days before it did (using confidential info+ because we were parandoid)? were we on alert when first reports came? or did we only see the danger when the slums across town started to fill with the living dead?

3)how well are we informed? do the officials calim it's a simple mistake, that will be corrected in a day? or maybe give us the whole info, including maps of infestation and sad reports of holy water failing where a good assult rifle prevailed?

4) What is going on with the living? are there looters and chaos? does everyone think it's just a big hoax? or is there martial law all around us, with looting being punished by death, and taking a harmless walk at night by spending the rest of it in a cold cell at the temporary miltary HQ?

4+)I realize this might not be know to us mortal men (so maybe you shouldn't answer this one), but are the armed forces actualy prevailing where they do enter fights?
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 01-10-2005, 12:52 AM   #18
OlSheep
Forum hobbit

My first impulse would be to say that all these things are up to you, really. But if you simply assume that everything outside your hometown is fine and dandy, your plan will receive a low rating . Still, if you need some kind of guidelines, here are my answers:

1) You should assume that the zombies will adopt the behavior one would expect from a human-eating animal. Therefore, the infestation is spreading rather quickly. Major cities should be considered as the worst possible place to be while smaller towns may contain a few survivors.

2) You have enough time to gather your gear and get out of your house (if you want to), don't expect much more. Stick to the fact that you've got to use things found in a common suburban house. You don't have food for ages, you don't have a bomb shelter, etc.

3) Blow their head up and they'll stay down, that's all you know.

4) That's really your job to plan any behavior you believe the civilians/survivors might have. Keep in mind that, once you open that door, you don't know what you're gonna find. Only one thing is sure: there are zombies out there.

4+) If you want your plan to be good, just assume the worst.

The point of the game is to be imaginative, you don't have to write a complete fiction about zombies for your plan to be both believable and good .
Old 01-10-2005, 02:01 AM   #19
a1s
Hero Gamer

ok. here's what I would do.
the basis of this plan is best described in the folowing sentence: "this isn't my war, and I want to be as far as I can from it"
Now first of all, I want to find a good backpack. unfortunatley that would probably be the one I wear to school (in case there is few order, I might loot a better one from a shop). Being a geek, the first part of the things I would take with me are books (that would be chemistry, and nature survival guides, again better books are in the libaray, if I can lay my hands on them). a porstble radio (which I currently don't own, maybe I should...), and too many batteries for it (there is a much greater chance that I die, or the crisis is over, than that I run out). A kitchen knife. a spare pair of underware. a box of matches. the rest of the the bag is filled with high nutrition/ long preservation food. and I will try to find clothes that best fit the task of fast movement and preferably ones that are gree/brown.
now we get outside.
a)If it's orderly, my next stop is some sort of chemistry shop. I will need nitric acid, some cottons and sulphur, as well as something to disinfect the water. and drugstore for fist aid supplies. allso, it's important to get some animal fat.
b)if it's chaotic, carefully go taward the nearest weapon shop (up to this point the living were much scarier than the dead, and when they fear for their lives they will get even worse), either procure light weapon with adequate ammount of ammunition, or (if I see it has allready been looted or, g-d forbid, is guarded by armed men) get away as quickly as I can. pack store. libaray. food store. chemistry shop. drug store.
for added fun, i'll take some poison with me. next thing I need to do, is head for the nearest woods.
the rest of the day should be spent finding a good location for a shelter (you want it to have water nearby, and probably a few berry bushes). It is important to get away from roads, roads mean people, and people mean zombies trying to eat them (seeing how the zombies are spreading like wildfire they must be good at guessing where the humans are).
during the next days, I will have to study the books I have with me, allso, try to carefuly produce a few explosives (one way is to mix fat and nitric accid, getting a kind of low quality nitrolycerin, handle this one with care. or you could just grinnd some sulhur, coal and sapleter together. that's you old school black powder. you might even want to get it wet and dry it back, they say it improves the quality. by soaking a cotton in the fromer and adding it to a pack with the later you can get a nice hand granade, that explodes on contact with any object [make sure that object isn't your bottom, by any chance] ) and use the guides to find out which plants are edible in the area. the radio is a valueble tool, and even if I won't find out about the zobmies progress, knowing the weather for tommorow is allways a bonus.
depending on how the zombie progrees goes (we're assuming the worst if nothing is known), it might be a good Idea to head away from the zombies tawards safer lands, or (if they advance too quickly) try to find the perfect location for yourself and place a few traps around it (the zombies' best bet is catching me off guard, so it's more important that the tarps tell you they're near than dispose of one of them but leave me clueless, off course explosives work well in bot warining you, and sending them back to the grave).
I realy don't want to be a part of some zombies meal, so if worst comes to worst... I'll take the poison (it might not be my war, but I still like the home team better).
EDIT: there is one more unlikely outcome: if we win, I'll learn about that trough the radio, and come back to the city.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 01-10-2005, 03:10 AM   #20
OlSheep
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s@Oct 1 2005, 02:01 AM
ok. here's what I would do.
[...]
I like it! The knowledge to create your own grenades could be very useful. These things could protect you against many zombies at once. The books also have the added advantage of keeping your mind busy. It helps to prevent panic. Eventually, the batteries could also provide power for any gadget you may find.

Still, there are few things which could go wrong. Firstly, your food, water and shelter-building supplies are going to be limited. By hoping that you'll be able to find a river and the stuff needed to disinfect the water, you're taking a risk. Then again, limited supply is kind of part of the game and I doubt you'd die as long as you're able to find a river or a lake. Secondly, you are going to venture into very dangerous, enclosed and probably guarded/infested places. It's true that a drugstore may not sound appealing to a zombie but it will to someone desperate to find food, shelter, money and drugs. You also have to note that navigating in that kind of store is relatively difficult. This turns you into an easy target. Thirdly, you didn't mention any vehicle. Walking is silent but it's also slow. Visiting two stores without some kind of transportation means you'll spend a lot of time unprotected. Finally, the radio would produce noises. You'd have to travel deeply into uninhabited area before using it.

I'd say 8 / 10, your chances would be good (as long as you can avoid entering a deathtrap) but you'd need a bit of luck too .