Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
DamianDivine
Lurker

Lightbulb Divine Space - 3D hard sci-fi space aventure/quest ARPG lands on Kickstarter

Hello everyone!

My name is Anti A. Danilevski, I'm a producer at Dodo Games, project 'Divine Space'. Glad to meet you all!

I want to tell all lovers of old games (and I guess here are a lot of you, guys) that for some time now we’ve been making a space game —an adventure/quest ARPG in hard sci-fi genre, real-time combat and click-n-go controls.

We are developing our game for iPads and Android tablets first, but because we work with Unity3D, in the closest future we plan to make a version for PC, Mac, and Linux. We plan to develop a big MMO later, after first, single-player versions will be released.

The connection with old games follows. For some time now I have not seen any games with a quality theme. Everything is knocked together by creating beautiful effects and squeezing the most out of the possibilities of modern hardware... but about the world, the universe, the theme, the characters, and their backgrounds, they’ve chosen to forget all that. The plebes, as they say, lap it up all the same, the artwork is pretty—well, okay.

We do feel that is disastrous for games (it’s enough to look at modern Hollywood films to understand where our industry is headed). And that needs to be corrected, before it’s too late. It’s enough to compare the themes of Homeworld, Star Control II, and what’s being made today to see the reason. Therefore the idea arose of creating Divine Space—a game with a well thought-out universe, an interesting theme that isn’t a cardboard cut-out, characters with background, and so forth. You could say that this will be an old favorite game in a modern performance.

Most of all, we are trying to approach hard sci-fi, that is, to make such a world where armor does not consist of gilded strings. Example: We're building our stellar universe based on real astronomical data. Stars are where they should be, and have their real names. Colors (spectral classes), sizes, location—almost everything the way it is (as far as that is technically feasible to do).

Some screenshots from the game:

Early gameplay video:

We need support of the old-school game fans. I welcome you all to join our crew here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-fi-space-arpg

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I'm subscribed to the thread so I'll reply quickly.
DamianDivine is offline                         Send a private message to DamianDivine
Old 15-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Capo
Unconventional member

Interesting

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 15-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Aannttii
Lurker

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
Interesting
Thanks.

Join the crew, we need everyone who can deal with weapons or wounds - there is an unknown ship approaches with cross on it's his hull, he might be hostile!
Aannttii is offline                         Send a private message to Aannttii
Old 15-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Very interesting. Looks like a mix between X, HomeWorld and Space Ranger.
Old 15-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
jonh_sabugs
Abandonia nerd

Looks good, but... tablets? May I ask what you are planning for interface? I am sorry if I am bit skeptic, but a reason I never enjoyed games out of PC platform is the limited user interface. You usually have an oversimplified game to fit the limits of consoles/other devices, or a very clunky interface, where you shoehorn more commands than it can properly handle.
jonh_sabugs is offline                         Send a private message to jonh_sabugs