Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 15-04-2005, 02:35 PM   #1
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Recently many treads closed before most of us can write our thoughts.

I am not sure if this is frustrating to rest of you guys, but to me it is becoming so.

I don't have anything against admins, but they should more help in conflicts, not preventing communication. And yes, I don't believe in pre-emptive strikes.

Also I believe it is better to say what do you think and be over with it, then to keep it in your self, and accumulate... (That’s why often we have to go off-topic, as other issues get discussed in topic that is similar to closed one)

Take it easy guys. :bye:
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 15-04-2005, 03:12 PM   #2
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

come on, close it. you know you want to. it'll be funny!
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 15-04-2005, 03:37 PM   #3
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Anubis, I can only speak from my experience at the Mordor forums, obviously, but it's generally NOT a good idea to start discussing modding actions in public. It simply won't lead anywhere. If there's been a particular action which you thought wasn't fair, the best way to go about it is always to PM the mod who was responsible for it and discuss the matter directly with him/her.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 15-04-2005, 04:01 PM   #4
Danny252
I have a custom title!

but this applies to most admins/mods.
and yes, I often find an interesting topic just to find someone got trigger-happy..
Old 15-04-2005, 04:07 PM   #5
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

AJ,

Forum is public place, and concerns and comments should be welcomed, at least I think... :blink:
Old 15-04-2005, 04:08 PM   #6
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Apr 15 2005, 05:37 PM
Anubis, I can only speak from my experience at the Mordor forums, obviously, but it's generally NOT a good idea to start discussing modding actions in public...
Lucky for us - our mods/admins are our friends and they don't get mean if people ask them nice question or two - even in public!

Yes, I find it irretating sometimes, but on the other hand I've also asked for a few topics to get closed (after everything has been said and done - like I've a question... three answeres are given, the person thanks them, because the right answer has been given - so no point in keeping the thread open).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 15-04-2005, 04:12 PM   #7
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

But there might be simillar problems in the future and what's the point to close them anyway?

A lot of times one problem leads in another one... same with discussions, one discussion might lead to other one, which is driven by interest of posters.

Trying to keep all discussion on the topic will result in a lot of unhappy people and less visits to the forum.

Also, if someone bump old post, has to say something about some topic from past, we great him with closing topic and warning not to bump old topics. Why we then don't either close them od purge them, if they not meant to be used?
Old 15-04-2005, 04:18 PM   #8
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well most of it is handled on case-to case basis. If there's a birthday thread - and you wish to reply in it after half a year... what's the point?
But threads like Jokes can resurface at any time - and will always go on. You can also always contact a mod/admin and aske them to reopen a thread.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 15-04-2005, 04:29 PM   #9
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Oops, sorry, guys, I think you misunderstood me there. I wasn't implying that on our forums we have overly strict mods who won't let you ask a question in public and punish you if you do so. (Why would I say such a thing about myself?)

It's just that... well... I can see why someone may want to lock a thread. As a mod it's part of your job to keep the forum more or less tidy so it'll be accessible not only to the regular members but also to visitors who are just browsing. It's an extremely frustrating experience if you visit a forum and not a single thread is on-topic. And topics can spin out of control very quickly, especially on a forum as large as this one. I've seen several of those around here during the time when I was only lurking and wondering whether I should register. (two words: The Pope)
Don't get me wrong: I do agree that a certain amount of off-topic chattiness is fun, but things can get messy very quickly and then it's much harder to clean up afterwards...

Well, maybe I'd better just shut up.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 15-04-2005, 04:31 PM   #10
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

No, don't shut up. Every comment (and yours is right on target) is welcome... that reminds me - WELCOME!!! :Brain: :Brain: :Brain:
Closed Thread