Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 04-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
catchaserguns
Games Master

How the heck do you get this game started? i tried pressing all the buutons and nothing works.
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 04-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #3
red_avatar
Administrator

I bought this game 10 or so years ago - I personally thought it was terrible. The main problem was that you don't actually move accross a level like in Mario Bros or Sonic or nearly every other platform game, but you move per screen. This means that if you walk to the border, a new screen will load.

There's no way to know what comes next and when you return to the previous screen, the monsters you killed are completely respawned. And respawning monsters is one of the pet hates :P There's more to the game that I bothered to discover, I must admit, but I guess it takes some effort to get into it.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 04-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

The Right SHIFT seems to be the one to use..
Old 05-11-2006, 07:15 AM   #5
Nikola Hristov
Unhappy

Does it run on Windows XP?

Old 05-11-2006, 08:50 AM   #6
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

According to the compatibility symbols, it does. Why, do you have trouble getting it running under XP?
Old 05-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
Frankie
Forum hobbit

I was hoping for Retaliator as a surprise, but let's give this a try!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #8
Guest_TOM_*

HI all.....WICKED GAME THIS IS, i been waiting for years to play the full version of this baby, abandonia you are the GREATEST SITE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! thanks!!

does any one know how to compleate the ice mountain level???
i have unfroze the ice carver and give him ice and tools, also took the crown to the king and found all the bits for the elfish spell but i cant seem to do any thing now i have checked EVERY nook an cranny, now i have given the spell to this ice wizard but i can find no other items to continue........ARG PLEASE HELP ME, IM SO FRUSTRATED!!!!

EVEN SO...ABANDONIA IS THE BEST THANKS GUY!!!
BRILLIANT

Old 13-11-2006, 04:24 PM   #9
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(red_avatar @ Nov 4 2006, 11:03 PM) [snapback]265365[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I bought this game 10 or so years ago - I personally thought it was terrible. The main problem was that you don't actually move accross a level like in Mario Bros or Sonic or nearly every other platform game, but you move per screen. This means that if you walk to the border, a new screen will load.

There's no way to know what comes next and when you return to the previous screen, the monsters you killed are completely respawned. And respawning monsters is one of the pet hates :P There's more to the game that I bothered to discover, I must admit, but I guess it takes some effort to get into it.
[/b]
Well, you could check the review if you have time, i think the review turned out to be very good, not too long but still providing lot of info :bleh:
So like i said in the review, there are random enemies that come to the screen and are unlimited in number and there are some preordered enemies that are not unlimited. Creatures DO NOT RESPAWN. You can clean the screens of those preprdered creatures and afterwards you'll bother only with random ones. There are few seconds before those random ones start appearing when you go back to the screen, so you won't colide with random enemy when you go back to the "cleaned" screen. Those few seconds are more than enough to preapare for shooting. I also thought that game is nearly immposible until i got a little bit skilled. Still later levels are REALLY hard to beat.

This game is surely worth some time in my oppinion.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 14-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #10
Monkey_boy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(another_guest @ Nov 5 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]265420[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
According to the compatibility symbols, it does. Why, do you have trouble getting it running under XP?
[/b]

I can't even get it to work with DosBox? I too had this game about 10 years ago an loved it, unfortunately I'm no computer wizzkid on account of bieng an "old fart" if anyone can tell me how to get it to run with XP or dosbox I would be very grateful. BTW when I double click on the Elf.exe file a DOS screen appears asking me to select the options and then press enter, I have done this, the screen goes completely black for a few seconds and then returns to windows..... :wallbash: please help!