Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #201
narkooegle
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to narkooegle

Yes you said yourself, you have to add them to your fleet, by selecting the army group, going down one level, by pushing on the red arrow, and then add them there.
Else du what Hrothgar said

Quote:
* ok what the fudge i keep on getting a security message which asks which day is it how do you get past that
When you come to a certain system in the universe or in the game you have to answer questions to come beyond that (this whas widely used back in the 90ties).
It asks you questions from the story of the game, which you can see in the manual, which also can be downloaded on this site, or else it is the copy-protection codes, which also is on this site.
When i was asked a question, it was about when explorer 1 was reported missing, i think, and that was 2589, or then it was when explorer 2 leaved the solarsystem (2616).
Either way, all the answer is in the manual, which you can download at this site.

but continue this game, it is great.

Secondly: there was someone back in the thread that talked about that it was to easy to kill your enemies, if you have the upperhand.... that is true, but remember how difficult it was defeating the mogruls! I see this as a battle-analogy: It is like the battle of El-Alamein: We, the humans, are Fieldmarshal Bernhard Mongomery of the Allies, and the aliens is the desert fox (fieldmarshal Erwin Rommel). The aliens have much less material, but at first more advanced, and they use this at first for quick bold attacks, which can be succesful, if you dont build up enough defences all the time. And you should be like Mongomery, build up a good base. Build up enough strength, hopefully eneough so that you outnumber the enemy two to one (just like at El-Alamein). Just think about that, it would make it much funner. Though you have to be bold, like Rommel, if you want to get rid of the mogruls quick.

Enjoy this cool game
narkooegle is offline                         Send a private message to narkooegle
Old 23-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #202
erlend

this game is awesome.. have the original.. bought it back in `94.. completed the game, but its damn hard.. good luck guys. :Brain:

Old 25-05-2006, 06:25 PM   #203
Guest_Lich

I have problem:
when I'm starting it on XP i crash (of course), but when I'm trying it on dosbox, it crash too (just after clicking NEW GAME). On my friends computer it works even on XP when I extended memory i windows options, but it did not helped me.
Sorry for english.

Old 30-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #204
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

WinXP is known to produce varying results depending on its version, the hardware it is running on as well as the drivers used.
In other words, what works for your friends' XP does not have to work for yours.

Have you ran the game's internal setup and configured it accordingly to DosBox.conf? I'd wager a hefty sum you didn't even think of it.

There is the lesson for you to learn, boy: when dealing with old games and emulation, patience and persistence are very important virtues. Critical, I'd say.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #205
Farley
Lurker

Is there anybody who had the french version? :s
Farley is offline                         Send a private message to Farley
Old 27-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #206
Guest Man

what gives! its a great game adn now we have to buy it!!! :tai:

Old 28-06-2006, 08:53 AM   #207
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Deal with that. Abandonia condones no warez.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-08-2006, 08:37 PM   #208
Cloudy
Game freak

Just started playing this game again. I've had it for years, and still never managed to defeat the Morgruls! So... hopefully, the time is now
Cloudy is offline                         Send a private message to Cloudy
Old 11-09-2006, 09:13 AM   #209
Rexxx

Hi,

how can I prevent the Kall-Morgrul alliance?
I talked to the Morgruls from the pirate ship, told them about the Kalls and their intended attack and let them go unharmed. The conversation ends always with their statement that they will contact their leaders.
I did this in several games.
However, sooner or later I always got the message that the Morgrul-Kall alliance was formed, that they defeated the Phenolians (sp?) and that they declare war on me. What is going wrong? What am I doing wrong?
Is the forming of this alliance stalled only for a certain amount of time? I usually wait quite a long time before I wipe out the Morgruls resp. the Kall and after that the Morgruls.

I love this game. Never thought that Alien Legacy has a competitor.

Thanks in advance.

R.

PS:
Got lots of trouble getting the aircraft. Extremely frustrating, seems buggy to me. It isn't.
Just for the records: In this thread there is a post from Nicolay_P_I. Follow his instructions and you will get aircraft. It seems to me that the correct sequence of steps will trigger the aircraft stuff. When you talk too early to the bartender it won't work, talking too early to the Eran is also not recommended. Nicolay, you saved my day. Thanks.
R.
Rexxx is offline                         Send a private message to Rexxx
Old 02-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #210
Storm
Abandonia nerd

Does anyone have any ideas how to start out, cause I haven't a clue on how to start, except for following the manual quick tutorial instructions.
Storm is offline                         Send a private message to Storm