Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-12-2004, 01:44 PM   #11
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I remember that several organizations fall into aliens hands. Well, I made war with them for a while but found out that it's useless. So as I become better, I kicked some alien butts and slowly ALL organizations were allied with me, even the ones that were taken by aliens. Except that Cult offcourse.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 13-12-2004, 08:58 PM   #12
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Any organisations could be taken over by the Aliens. Don't forget to check your charts and if an organisation goes above 50% and you know you probably won't have a warning mission message, go to their buildings and search for aliens. If you destroy all the Aliens the organisation will fall bellow 50% again and then will continue dropping unless the Aliens invade it again.
Old 23-12-2004, 09:07 AM   #13
Micah

Apocalype manual, if anyone still wants it:
http://www.xcomufo.com/x3manual.pdf

Old 09-01-2005, 01:19 PM   #14

this games the bomb

i still got the cd version and its great and eagle on fire i tryed making personal shealds but as soon as i make one another on is destroyed so is there any wa of making them faster apart from getting engineers with 100

k: great work with this good adition. k:

ps. the only other x com game im awear of is interceptor and i work in a game store so i dont think there is another one coming but ill check the comp for a release date if someone can tell me the name of the game.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:10 PM   #15
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Personnal shield is the best addition to your forces. The trick is not to make them, but to "steal" them from the Aliens. There is more than one way to take care of the Aliens without dropping their shields to zero. I'll let you discover those ways by yourself. k:
Old 09-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #16
The Duke
Forum hobbit

Cool. do you get any new research from it also you know those big yellow aliens can you capture one alive.

theres marsec and phsyke and both say while x com opposes our alien friends negotiations are imposibe but there alien infiltration is set to 0%.

luckely i dont need marsec cos i have heaps of alien weapons :evil:
The Duke is offline                         Send a private message to The Duke
Old 12-01-2005, 05:03 AM   #17
bogem

i need help here...

i have destroyed the objective in alien dimensian building (alien maintenance building, a mission to destroy some kind of pyramid-like building), but the game never say anything \bout building disabled...!

has anyone face the same problem? any1 know how to finish this mission ? need help here ppl, pleaseeeee.....

Old 12-01-2005, 08:00 AM   #18
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

You need to destroy all the objects mentioned in the briefing. Then, you simply get out and the building crumble. You get to research the next building and raid it too etc. until you win.

You need to destroy the objects entirely or they won't count as destroyed. I only hope that you brought a lot of explosives with you because on some missions you might need a lot. Fortunatly the Aliens often carry grenades with them which are strong enough to destroy the installations.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:50 AM   #19
bogem

thx for the quick reply.

the problem is, i have destroyed all 5 columns up to the ground with devastator canon. bt the game still doesnt trigger any winning condition..am i messed up somethin' or do i have to use vortex mine as the only firepower to blow up the thingy (i mean don;t use devastator or any other gun, except VM )? i'm little in short supply of VM here coz i have destroyed nearly all the alien transporter device (1 that make alien keep bugging).

Old 12-01-2005, 09:57 AM   #20
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I fear I can't help you much on the matter since I can't see it visually. I remember one mission in particular in which I was wandering around aimlessly, killing waves after waves of Alien trying to figure out what to do... If I remember well there was one last object hidden somewhere on a kind of "cliff" that I did not noticed until then.

Anyways, if you really can't find out just save your game and try to exit the building to see if you succeeded in destroying the building. If everything fail try the mission a second time after realoading/healing your troops, the map will most probably be different and you might just win it the second time without problems.