Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Default Lord of the Rings Vol. II - The Two Towers, The

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 26-01-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 06-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, i would have mark this game with 5. It is briliant, i never actually got into the first part. Here i managed to solve lots of side quests and the main quests are great. How do i mewan great? Well they perfectly fit into the book, like the book itslef is just a shorter publification of the game.
For example, you must find orc survivors - messangers from the battle with Eomer, than help people from the certain village in the Rohan where orc bands spread chaos etc. When playing Merry and Pipin in Fangorn forest, you have to clean the forest from orcs (they have camp) while ent meeting lasts, than to find and revive two oldest Ents alongside with Treebeard (Treebeard actually mentioned them in the book) and so. Lots of quests and areas doesn't have to be played in order to finish the game.

And the conversation is unique IMHO. All right you just need to type the key words, but characters are awaiting your questin in that way and will respond if they know anything about the subject.

Not to mention all those things that you can find (like athelas on the exact places). I don't know, this game simply rocks for me!!!!

BTW, has anyone ever mamaged to defeat the dragon in the caves at the Helm's Deep???? If my memory is correct, you had to search for the lower areas of caves and there you'll find broken elevator, but then use Gimli's skill of devices and you'll get even lower...
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 08-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
szleski

Do they managed to release the third part of the story?

Sz.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
Sigfrodi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(szleski @ Jul 8 2007, 09:46 AM) [snapback]298467[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Sz.
[/b]
AFAIK they did not.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:43 AM   #5
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marko_river @ Jul 6 2007, 04:14 PM) [snapback]298188[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

And the conversation is unique IMHO. All right you just need to type the key words, but characters are awaiting your questin in that way and will respond if they know anything about the subject.

[/b]
sound like Morrowind style to me where they are waiting for you to click on keywords befor ethey give you any information instead of just saying it all to you.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 12-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #6

Right. Have played this game for like 20 minutes now; How to get frodo and sam over the cliff at the first level? Jump? Use rope or what???

Old 12-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #7

Or why not just climb.................... Darnit.............

Old 13-07-2007, 05:07 AM   #8
Radwar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(szleski @ Jul 8 2007, 09:46 AM) [snapback]298467[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Sz.
[/b]
No they did not. Sadly LOTR wasn't as popular as it is today with the movies. Having read the books, I really wished back then that they would make The Return of the King, but due to poor sales, they decided not to make the 3rd one.

Old 16-07-2007, 12:31 AM   #9
LaFey
Abandonia nerd

...However there's a engine that allows you to play the first part of the game and features partial support for this one. The original author, Michal Benes wrote it for *NIX based machines but it can be compiled in MacOS and theoretically Windows too.

Check it here:
http://www.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~benes/lotr/

The idea of a fan-made 3rd part wouldn't be too far-fetched provided we would have the engine developed a bit more.
Old 17-07-2007, 01:15 AM   #10
thebes
Game freak

I played a little of the first game, but my brother the questmaster finished both and liked them a lot back then. k:
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
thebes is offline                         Send a private message to thebes