Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-05-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
Razimus

Default Rip sprites for Back to the future II?

Can someone rip the sprites for me for the PC game on here, back to the future part II? I've downloaded 20 different programs all claiming to be able to do it, and none have worked. If you can rip them for me, or know a program that not only theoretically works but actually can rip the PC game files I don't know what they are I see BIN PAC and PRG, I've searched for converters, viewers, rippers, none work.
Razimus is offline                         Send a private message to Razimus
Old 17-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Have you tried any of these:
Ripper V5.00
Multi Ripper v1.30
Fast Module Extractor 2.1

They usually do the job for me, but don't forget it's possible the sprites are in some weird proprietary format or an exotic one that will need another program to open and resave them in a more popular format.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
Razimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Have you tried any of these:
Ripper V5.00
Multi Ripper v1.30
Fast Module Extractor 2.1

They usually do the job for me, but don't forget it's possible the sprites are in some weird proprietary format or an exotic one that will need another program to open and resave them in a more popular format.

thnx for replying, I tried all those but I could only get the last one I think to even open, and it seems to freeze at scanning... the pac image file, and I don't know what it was even trying to convert it to, I guess I'll just be forced to use dosbox and press the print screen button and days of paint shop later I'll have what could've taken seconds with the right program, the game is horrendious to play, I only like the graphics, trying to make some use of the game... the controlls to play it, have to be set after waiting through a long intro screen, and the right button never works, and getting to the 2nd level where all the good graphics are is near impossible for me and my keyboard...
Razimus is offline                         Send a private message to Razimus
Old 18-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

All those ripper utilities are DOS-based... you need to run them in DOSBox to begin with.
Ripper 5 amd Multi Ripper are controlled from command-line level - read their readme files for detailed instructions.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman