Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Is Harry Potter going to die?
Yes 18 37.50%
No 14 29.17%
Harry who? 16 33.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #11
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Massive Spoilers for Harry Potter! Don't look unless you want a spoiler. Unfortunately, its also an extremely funny picture. Unfortunately the image name also gives it away. :Phttp://hocuspocus.taloncrossing.com/stuff/rondies.jpg
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 17-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #12
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

I think that Harry isn't going to die (but I hope that I'm wrong).

In the end of the book we will discover that Voldemort is actually good and that the evil is Hermione, so she will die by the hand of Harry. Obviously Ron is too stupid to understand that, so he will destroy Voldemort. Then Harry will have to kill Ron for his stupidity. And he will live lonely, happy and joyful.
Old 17-08-2006, 06:32 PM   #13
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The people who took the option "Harry who?" must be social morons.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 17-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #14
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Some of us opted for "Who's Potty Harry?" because the question asked was pointless, since we (read I) have never read a PH book, seen a PH film or bought a PH action figure, PH fruit loops, tea mug, jammies, bed sheets or glasses. Meaning: I have no idea if he's terminal in any way or not, and I really don't think the question will mess up my sleep much. So said the Mighty Moron. :P
Old 17-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #15
Hamster of Doom
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Aug 17 2006, 08:32 PM) [snapback]249279[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
Or they chose that option, because itīs closest to "Iīm not interested in this Harry-Potter-mania.". Or they just thought, it was funny.

Iīm not really interested in this H.P.-stuff. I have seen the first 3 movies but nothing more. Havenīt read the books. The first two movies were nice (donīt like the 3. one), but thatīs all.
But I donīt think, that Harry will die. The book is still in the category for children. The hero does not die in stories for kids. If he really should die, we can expect to see J.K. Rowling to be hunted down by an angry mob of children in wizard-costumes and maybe a fake scar on their forehead. (Not to forget the mob of angry parents that had a really hard time after their children just read, that Harry is toast.)

Even though I do not read the books, it would be nice, if the following scene would happen: Look! A funny pic!
Than I would buy that book!
Hamster of Doom is offline                         Send a private message to Hamster of Doom
Old 17-08-2006, 09:46 PM   #16
moogle
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Aug 17 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]249279[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
Or maybe some people don't care for everything Harry Potter and would rather read less hyped and overated books.

Meh, either way, if he does die people will go like "Ahhhh! harrys dead! such a shocking and dark ending! AHHH!!!!!!"
or if he doesn't "Yay good triumphs, again. Such a good ending, harry potter is my hero!!!11"
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 17-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #17
guesst
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fawfulhasfury @ Aug 17 2006, 05:19 PM) [snapback]249268[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Massive Spoilers for Harry Potter! Don't look unless you want a spoiler. Unfortunately, its also an extremely funny picture. Unfortunately the image name also gives it away. :Phttp://hocuspocus.taloncrossing.com/stuff/rondies.jpg
[/b]
See, the title rondies had me thinking ron + undies. You know, a little bow-chicka-bow-wow in the next book.

Here's how I see it going down. The prophicy says that neither can live while the other surivives, or something pretty close to that. So what that means is Voldemort is, in fact, dead at this very moment. The fact that there is a "living" representation of him walking aorund doesn't change that fact. The Tom Riddle that came from Voldi's old diary and all the portraits on the wall just go to prove that magically animated likenesses can do a convincing job of acting like their counterparts in life.

So Voldemort is at this moment dead. But then what's this walking around claiming to be Voldemort and who's controlling it. What it is, I believe, is the animated remnants of Voldemort's bones. He animated them himself durring his own life to insure even in death he'd live.

But as for where's the true Voldemort, there's the twist. The last remnant of Voldemort exploded and like sharpnel embeded itself under the skin of Harry Potter's forehead. The last true remnant of Voldemort is there, which explans the connection between them.

So in order for Harry to truely vanquish he must sacrifice himself and take the last living cels of Voldemort to the grave with him.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 18-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #18
GrimFang4
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to GrimFang4

No way. Harry will live and become an auror with Ron.

.. I really don't have anything more than that
Old 21-08-2006, 08:02 AM   #19
Narmie

Quote:
Or they chose that option, because itīs closest to "Iīm not interested in this Harry-Potter-mania.". Or they just thought, it was funny.

Iīm not really interested in this H.P.-stuff. I have seen the first 3 movies but nothing more. Havenīt read the books. The first two movies were nice (donīt like the 3. one), but thatīs all.
But I donīt think, that Harry will die. The book is still in the category for children. The hero does not die in stories for kids. If he really should die, we can expect to see J.K. Rowling to be hunted down by an angry mob of children in wizard-costumes and maybe a fake scar on their forehead. (Not to forget the mob of angry parents that had a really hard time after their children just read, that Harry is toast.)

Even though I do not read the books, it would be nice, if the following scene would happen: Look! A funny pic!
Than I would buy that book! [/b]

You haven't read the books! Now, there is something to add to your lifes todo list. I don't really know, I think Harry will ether die or one of the others will die saving him. I also think DD will something to do with the last book, mabye come back as a ghost.
Old 21-08-2006, 08:02 AM   #20
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

Harry took the money and ran. Steve Miller Band...