Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
Python1980

Default XF5700 Mantis Experimental Fighter

Hi all,

I have the floppy version of this game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XF5700_Mantis and have been trying to get the CD version which adds 25 new missions, a new alien race and animated scenes.

Anyone able to help? Thanks.
Python1980 is offline                         Send a private message to Python1980
Old 18-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hi and welcome.

I posted your request in "Requests" topic in ISO Cellar, part of forum that deals with full disc images. Hopefully some of our contributors will be able to help.

As for floppy version, do you have original floppies or you just obtain floppy version from the net?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 19-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #3
Python1980

Much appreciated.

I have the original 5.25" floppy version. I also have the speech pack, but that was acquired online and is not original.
Python1980 is offline                         Send a private message to Python1980
Old 19-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Nice. You wouldn't mind creating floppy images and upload them? There are some free applications that can do it and we tend to have as much from original package as possible. Also, if you could scan the floppies and if you by some chance still have box, manual or anything else that came with the game, we would gladly accept those scans as well (.jpg or .png)

We don't often get original floppy images, so it will be very appreciated
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 20-09-2013, 04:10 AM   #5
Python1980

Here you go: http://www.4shared.com/rar/ZaI49xhf/XF5700_Mantis.html

In this rar you will find my 11 5.25" disks as IMA files (created using Winimage), the speech pack, a game update, a crack to use if desired, scans of the box for both the game and the speech pack, the manual and the tech supplement for both the game and the speech pack.

As I dont have a scanner I have not scanned images of my floppies. For the same reason the manual, box scans and tech supplements are not scans of my personal copies but ones I found on the net at this location: http://www.scribd.com/doc/119198297/...mental-Fighter.

If required I can possibly get access to a scanner to scan my copies of the manual and floppies in the future but I will not be able to do the game box. Long story short my wife caused some "Marital disharmony" a few years ago when she decide to clean up by throwing out all my game boxes and neatly storing the disks and manuals as it "took less space".
Old 20-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python1980 View Post
If required I can possibly get access to a scanner to scan my copies of the manual and floppies in the future but I will not be able to do the game box. Long story short my wife caused some "Marital disharmony" a few years ago when she decide to clean up by throwing out all my game boxes and neatly storing the disks and manuals as it "took less space".
I know the feeling. Mom cleaned my room above couple of times. She can't bare to listen to me anymore so she now demands me to do it myself when I visit them (my old room is still in mess). I kinda did that once or twice and still prolonging any serious cleanup, although even I agree there are things that are nothing more than junk. Still...

Anyway, I'll PM you with FTP access for any future uploads. Thx for the stuff. As for scans, it is not really a nice practice to take material from other site and offer it here. Game archives are different, since they are probably uploaded many times and are circling the net for years. But if those are created and uploaded by someone to scribd, well, you get the picture. Similar for the other way around for material provided by our users, although surely both scenarios already occurred and may occur.

We'll keep them for now, but if you ever find the time, please do make some of your scans. At least scan floppies, then get the priorities yourself.

thx again
Old 21-09-2013, 02:39 AM   #7
Python1980

Thanks for the etiquette advice, I always thought that as long as you didn't try to take credit for the efforts of someone else it was ok. Wont do it again.

I may have a few things you guys might be interested in around the place. Do you have a list of items your looking for in particular or do I just post things I think you may like in the offers thread?
Old 21-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Post in Offers anything you may offer, then we'll check. I wanted to ask you about things you have after stating that you still have lot of material.

I guess you also have lot of material for scanning, but is harder and tedious work. Let's see what you can offer right away
Old 15-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #9
Python1980

Hi marko,

as requested I have now posted a list of some offerings in the offers section
Old 08-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #10
BigAlY2K

I realize this request is a year and a half old, but I saw this and thought it might be of interest:

https://archive.org/details/XF5700_M...DOS_Microprose
BigAlY2K is offline                         Send a private message to BigAlY2K