Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-07-2005, 07:10 AM   #11
vipin
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to vipin

Feels a little strange but I have never heard of this game. OK, I am downloading it and will definitely play it! I have a good knowledge of computer games and Satyam, no doubt, gaming is not that much given preference here in India. The game is from 1991 and even 14 years back, I never got to know about this game. Its good that the game has been included there. But don;t worry, attempts are there and gaming is growing into a big industry. A week back, I saw EA Cricket 2005 programme on MTV! So don't worry, Indian developers will definitely create more game! k:
Old 23-07-2005, 08:34 AM   #12
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Vinpin is right. According to a documentary I saw just recently, India is one of the countries that educates the largest number or computer programers. True - most of them wish to go abroad, but still if a programer stayes true to the heratige of the native country we can start looking forward to many great games based on Indian myths and traditions. k:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 27-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #13
punch999
The true Shadow President

Most game makers are not in the USA they are most in japan
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 29-07-2005, 07:40 AM   #14
azygos

The storyline of this game is pretty lacklustre........why do all india centric games and movies harp on killer cults....like that crappy movie indiana jones and the temple of doom by spielberg........
Indeed, so far i think their is only one more game based in India...and that is Road to India....i saw a review at underdogs
However, it is also a stereotypical game.....based on rescue ur girlfriend from a killer cult.....but how can u expect anything better from western authors....who dont have any idea abt india;s 5000 yr old history and civilization.....
I personally feel a plethora of india centric games can be made.....especially considering the vast terrain, culture and diversity of our country.......games like king;s quest were huge hits....and stories like those are common fable in India......but unfortunately no one wants to take a plunge into making games.......i dont remember too many guys here writing any shareware/freeware games....which is indeed unfortunate....for i feel the skill is there.....its just plain indolence....u dont need any investment in writing simple games........of course, they would obviously lack the professionalism of the gaming corps...but still it would be a step in the right direction....and yes advertising cricket 2005 on MTV is nothing phenomenonal....it is common knowledge that cricket games dont sell anywhere but in India....cricket as a game hardly has any global following.....so naturally they are trying to advertise the game here......

Old 29-07-2005, 08:12 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by azygos@Jul 29 2005, 07:40 AM
and yes advertising cricket 2005 on MTV is nothing phenomenonal....it is common knowledge that cricket games dont sell anywhere but in India....cricket as a game hardly has any global following.....so naturally they are trying to advertise the game here......
well, EA is world famous and Cricket is not famous just in India , but in Australia too. England people were losing interest in Cricket and that's why they developed that 20-20 Cricket! Moreover the thing you are speaking that cricket games sell nowhere else but in India is totally false. My friends buy NBA Live, FIFA etc games (India doesn't have an international team for these games :blink: ). Cricket games are quite old, Allan Border's Cricket, Brian Lara Cricket etc.... :bleh: . Moreover, I have seen that EA Game, its not that much interesting. Cricket 2002 was better!
I was talking about games advertising in India and not just about Cricket. MTV is watched by most people and it was really good to have one episode dedicated to a game, PC Game. Otherwise, everyone watches Gamer TV on Ten Sports to get the reviews of latest games k: . (TEN Sports is not an Indian network, while MTV, the version we get, is Indian)

By the way, thankx for introducing me to ironcode.com , an Indian game making site! :angel:

Old 29-07-2005, 08:13 AM   #16
vipin
Super Freak

oops that was my reply, I forgot to login!
Old 29-07-2005, 08:18 AM   #17
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by azygos@Jul 29 2005, 09:40 AM
Indeed, so far i think their is only one more game based in India...and that is Road to India....i saw a review at underdogs
However, it is also a stereotypical game.....based on rescue ur girlfriend from a killer cult.....but how can u expect anything better from western authors....who dont have any idea abt india;s 5000 yr old history and civilization.....
Well as long as the games will be mostly about western stereotypes - you will see the games that may be placed ni India - but would basicaly just be there for the scenery.
Hopefully this will make people realize that the eintire Indian subcontinent could ofer so much more and they'll finally start making games based upon Indian legends and heretige, strategy games that include india's great history (from the culture of Mohenjo Daro right up to the modern day). There's a real treasure chest full of jewlls there, but nobody has enough imagination or knowledge to present these riches to the world.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 31-07-2005, 12:37 PM   #18

How do you get past the copy protection?

Old 31-07-2005, 07:01 PM   #19

Cricket is the least selling among all EA games....
So naturally EA also invests the least in developing cricket games......
That is why the quality of all cricket games is invariably poor....
Brian lara cricket was probably the best among the lot
Cricket 2002 was rather disagreeable.....
Allan Border;s cricket way back in 1993 appealed to me....atleast it had a wider array of shots than EA 2002

Anyway, the ironcode site is atleast a step in the right direction
Although, the games are clones of popular games...and their are several better ones in the market.......something more ingenious would have been appreciated

Regards,
Azygos

Old 01-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #20
vipin
Super Freak

yeah.. i know about EA's Cricket, but atleast they are developing to attract Indian audience. (although I am never able to play it, my friends play and I see it! ). And not just Cricket, but NFS U 2 also failed to create the magic that was expected, but at least they are showing interest in cricket, developing every year from World Cup 1999 (as per my knowledge).
Ironcode seems to be a good one, but atleast they should do a little bit of advertisement, maybe in newspapers or even on Cartoon Network! Now we all are waiting for the talk to begin about this game, so play it and tell us about the game, how many levels you complete, it will help for a good discussion. k: Cheat codes if exists, do share pls. :bye: