Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-01-2010, 03:42 AM   #211
Wurschthans

Under XP I can't get it working. The screen is immediatly freezing.

It's not the problem with the non-stopping drilling in head, it's a problem which occurs when cutting the dura mater is nearly finished. on dosbox 0.73 the games simply crushes, on 0.65 the mouse isn't controllable any more and on 0.63 (which I just tried out) the screen freezes.

Doesn't matter if sound is enabled or not - every time the same result. Seems as if I may not see what's inside dura mater...

Old 29-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #212
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

www.dosbox.com

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 29-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #213
Wurschthans

Great hint arete

Last question: under how many cycles do you run dosbox?
I lowered them down to 1000 but still seems runnig too fast

Old 29-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #214
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

try selecting full core, then it'll get even slower
Old 29-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #215
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I'd try in order 700, 500 and 300 cycles.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #216
Saccade
[BANNED]

Quote:
I lowered them down to 1000 but still seems runnig too fast
Jesus... too fast at 1000 and no mind to lower it further? Have you tried underclocking your computer? It will make it quieter and consume less power too, so it's a win-win for you and the environment.

On a Macbook, at 200 cycles, the surgery is just below real time. On my PC laptop, it's between 200-300. On my big PC, it's 266.
If the mouse is messing up, turn off the trackpad or switch to a ps/2 one.

I just downloaded the guide thing from here, as I lost my copy, and I see that you can't see:
Written by Tom "Tomcattowo"
Compiled by Teh_Saccade.

Just by saccade. I think that must be me making the text box too tall and not paying attention, as the font's stretched. Can I make a new first page and change it?

[ed]
Well, if you want me to do this - it'll be after I've done the rest of the stuff I've planned.
Sorry Tom, but if you're reading this, i didn't take yr credit on purpose.

Last edited by Saccade; 21-03-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Old 26-05-2010, 07:27 AM   #217
Addison
Abandonia nerd

Could some upload the hybrid of this version along with the one from the underdogs so I can hear speech in the game?

I'd really appreciate the effort if someone could do this for me.

Cheers.
Addison is offline                         Send a private message to Addison
Old 15-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #218
furrykef

Quote:
Originally Posted by defeodation View Post
Ok...I took a little hiatus from this game cause it was driving me nuts, but I couldn't stay away...I had to finish every operation successfully. And I have...but the game is still trying to thwart me.

I finished the tumor op no problem...took a few tries and I accidentally sucked the guys brains out of the wrong spot once...but I got it and I am in the hall of fame. Hematoma operation is a snap...no problem at all.

I can get the aneurysm, clamp it off, close up the skull same as the tumor operation...but when I get done I get this message: "Shouldn't this operation have taken longer?"

Then I get booted out, and the chief tells me that if I hadn't been so worried about what I was making for dinner that night, or something, that I would have remembered to clamp off the aneurysm. But I did that! The clamp went on! I didn't get any message saying that I had done it successfully...but I did it! The clamp goes on and you can't take it off again. So I just removed the retractors and closed. Every time I finish the operation this is what happens!

So I've beaten this game...yet I haven't...because it's still giving me crap about not finishing the aneurysm. I want the satisfaction of having my name on that hall of fame plaque.

Has this happened to anyone else?
This is happening to me, too, and apparently my friend has always had this problem as well. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smothermunchie View Post
Could some upload the hybrid of this version along with the one from the underdogs so I can hear speech in the game?

I'd really appreciate the effort if someone could do this for me.

Cheers.
I'm submitting this. It's actually just a pre-installed HOTU version, not a hybrid version, but it works fine on DosBox 0.74. As with all versions, you do still have to use the ENTER key to operate drills when sound is enabled, or they will not stop drilling.

Last edited by furrykef; 15-07-2010 at 11:19 PM.
furrykef is offline                         Send a private message to furrykef
Old 19-07-2010, 01:31 AM   #219
furrykef

I just did an aneurysm operation without sound. I didn't think it'd affect the outcome, but I figured it was worth a try anyhow. In any case, I still got the message saying I didn't fix the aneurysm.

By the way, a new version was uploaded that does have proper audio. It's PC Speaker, but trust me, it's very high-quality audio with speech and everything... only the theme music sounds like bleeps and bloops.
furrykef is offline                         Send a private message to furrykef
Old 20-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #220
Thumbs down

I need help, I am using DOSBOX and I am trying to get my Logitech extreme 3d Pro USB joystick to work, it works fine untill the operation starts, once that happens my cursor stops moving when I move the joystick.